Mass Effect 3 (untagged spoilers!)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by MOOtant, Mar 8, 2012.

1. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

How many people got it? Anytime I asked Brutos about it he started to whine like a baby how he doesn't like their game store.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

I want it but, will wait for a special sale. Its to pricy for me considering how the second game wasn't as epic as first one... and that fucking planet scanning pissed me off real good.

3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

The ending is super lame.

4. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Not that I intend to get Mass Effect 3 given that I didn't play the previous 2, people need to stop crying about Origin. Competition is good and it's a lot more stable than Steam was at the same age.

5. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

Keep in mind Origin is by EA, the same company that snoops around your privacy, purchases excellent game studios just to shut them down and has the most retarded Indian tech supports ever.

6. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'm one of those who's not buying it because it's only on Origin.

Steam had it problems but mostly it was just slow; but Origin seems wrong from the core.

It took me a week to get it to work for the battlefield 3 demo, and i had to uninstall spybot: s&d (i downloaded origin from the official EA site, so somehow they managed to get it infected with something). After a week the only thing that would open was the origin page, but the demo still didn't do anything. Nothing else they offered that was free so i could try it worked. I don't need problems like that. I want to install and play. I may have liked troubleshooting 10 years ago, but i'm fed up with it.

I'm all for competition, but atm there isn't any. There's steam, and there's some piece of shit. Maybe in a few years ... i just wouldn't count on it.
    Also i don't mind paying with visa over steam, i just don't trust EA with stuff like that.

7. ViroMan

You know damn well, there is a huge difference to how well it would sell if it was on steam vs origin.

8. Trickster

Ofc, but I think the people who are hating on Origin really haven't used it much. It's not spyware, and it does pretty much what steam does on a basic level, and doesn't crash as much. Honestly, I can think of plenty of reasons to hate on EA, but Origin isn't one of them. You're the only one losing out if you won't buy it for Origin. It's a far better form of DRM than Games for Windows Live. It's really no different than steam, and it even added all my games in that were linked to my email address, which was quite nice.

9. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i dislike both, steam and origin. nowerdays each damn company wants to install shit on my computer that isnt neccessary to run the features of the program i payed to use for.
    if i want to talk to ppl i use teamspeak, if i want to IM i use jabber, if i want to play a game i want to play a game.

the most idiotic shit are games that require an active internet connection to play singleplayer ...

it doesnt stop me from buying good games that require such platforms though.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  10. ViroMan

So if you buy Mass Effect 3 off the store shelf, does it actually require origin to be installed if so that is a first. No other game that I know of NEEDS to have origin or steam installed to run... if you get it off the shelf.

11. flasche

do you know bf3?

12. Trickster

Really ViroMan? Because I've bought plenty of games that require you to have steam.

13. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

BF3 crashes after 5 minutes for me, and hasn't ever been stable for me even when it wasn't constantly crashing.

14. flasche

i had no issues whatsoever

also
    i actually aint sure, but doesnt hl2 require steam? wasnt it like the first game, or the first major game that required you to install such crap even for singleplayer?
    and hasnt there been the same or a similar discussion back then?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  15. Trickster

Yeah it was, but then again, don't forget Gamespy, which might have even preceded steam.

And yeah, if your game is crashing, update your drivers, work out wher eit's crashing, and google it. Honestly, there's no reason you should have stability issues with BF3 any more, they fixed pretty much all the issues after the 2nd patch.

16. flasche

the difference was you didnt need gamespy ...

17. Trickster

You did for some games, that was my point.

18. flasche

probably shouldnt have pira ... errr ... i mean ... "only have played demos" :P

19. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

Oh no! I require this program that automatically updates my game to the newest version, how rude!

20. Dr. Turtle

Dr. Turtle Member

Well...ME3 is awesome, but the fucking ending!!! :headshot: