Make the "Repair Upgrade" build rate the Engineer's default.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by aaaaaa50, Mar 3, 2010.

1. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

For what I hope is the last time, I urge the developers to make the Engineer's "repair upgrade" the normal rate at which engineers upgrade and repair things, and remove the "repair upgrade" from the skill list. Any complaining that this will make the Engineer overpowered in any way are only other factors that can be fixed other ways. The main point is this: The Engineer's major job is buildings things, and the without the "repair upgrade" the engineer is extremely less effective at this.

2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Rebalance the numbers is all it needs, imo. But then I have a whole thread about that. In this case, from those numbers, i'd say buff engy normal build a bit, not a case for making repair upgrade free imo. And i'm an engy lol.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Everything should be buildable in one clip and repair upgrade should speed it up by 30%~

That way it's still useful, but not required.

4. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

I kinda wish it went by population of servers. Like the smaller the match the faster it repairs.

5. LordDz

LordDz Capitan Rainbow Flowers

Empires 200 player count servers:
    Where building a barrack takes... 20 minutes!

6. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

but the point is if you have that many people there will be more people building and it will be just as fast.

7. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

That's only if you can get everyone to actually cooperate. With teamwork. If Empires could somehow create spontaneous teamwork on 200 player pub games, then it would be hailed as one of the greatest Video Games ever. I mean, that would be a freaking miracle. This suggestion is nothing compared to whatever it would take to create something like that. Speaking of which, "How to make Empires facilitate 200 player pub games with lots of teamwork." is totally off the topic of this thread. That discussion does merit it's own thread, though. :unsure:

8. [lodw]keef

[lodw]keef Hobbit

I have brought up something similar that should solve the everyone being engineer and getting repair upgrade everygame. Empires definatly needs some deviation in skill selection.

9. .:.HeXi.:. emcalex329

.:.HeXi.:. emcalex329 Member

How about giving the engineer a skill that allows his calculator ammoz to replenish faster?

10. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

How about giving the engineer a electrofield generator that slows and silences anyone that passes through it.

11. -=SIP=-

-=SIP=- Member

Don't want this (and I mostly play as engineer).

Free repair upgrade would make the most powerful class even more powerful.
    Engineers then would get revive or turret upgrade as first skill.
    And this will result into more stalemates with large LVL3 turret farms, undestroyable barracks and instantly revived enemies.

12. aaaaaa50

aaaaaa50 Member

We already have this. Doing nothing solves nothing, so if you have any ideas about how to nerf the Engineer, then let's hear it.

13. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

remove repair upgrade, balance the building times without it

14. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Give engineers repair upgrade build-speed for large structures only, not for turrets, sensors, or tank repairs.

Then, keep the repair upgrade skill, but have it only apply to those things. It would still be a very worthwhile skill, but no longer mandatory, and it would generally be more for 'selfish' things (building your turrets fast, repairing your own tank -- ok, and other people's), whereas building a rax would always be full-speed.

And, of course, this would solve -=SIP=-'s objection.

15. Bishop Gantry

Bishop Gantry Member

Im good if restrict engy to pistol only and seismic can only be thrown as short as stickies...

16. Empty

Empty Member

Yeah, but you need 50%+ of your team as engy if you want to be able to reliably drop structures.

If Engy is a shit class to play, nobody will play him and as a result, nothing will ever get fuckin made.