Lower starting res on mvalley.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Z100000M, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

As the title says.

Quite frankly, its fucking boring what that map has come down to. There is little else but to rush vf, possibly salvage the rax and whoever gets north is set.
    Its bullshit, is breaking the usual gameplay, noob coms wont know it and get stomped.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, I never really liked that strategy either, but it's a substantial change.

3. Z100000M

Like I wanted to suggest that the VF would have a cooldown much like the commander does, so you cant pull that shit, but id imagine it would break some maps and make FN cry to trickster so i decided to go with something easier to implement.

4. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Yeah, if you're going to make that change, then starting res avenue is probably the best. I'm just saying that the change, itself, is a big deal, regardless of how it might be implemented.

5. Z100000M

Well the latter would be bigger as it would remove jeep rushes and whatnot, but im arguing crap right now

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I swear at one point mvalley did have a lower res, you couldn't drop a vf at start. It was around the same time I started playing again, because I remember hopping into the comm and trying to drop it because that was what I remember people doing before but not being able to. Or maybe there was enough res but I remembered comms rushing the north by themselves to build a rax real quick... either way I got yelled at I think.

In any case it never felt like a lost to lose north. Just put more effort into getting dam and their ref that's north of their starting main. Nothing can save you if you don't play with people that understand the importance of keeping dam or being able to attack other locations besides north though.

Oh to clarify, I wouldn't mind the change. Things like this encourages different tactics for maps which is nice.

7. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I support this.