LF 1-5 nerds for annual Moonbase Alpha plays

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Nov 9, 2015.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

What?

Since I went off to study two years ago, we've been playing Moonbase Alpha and trying to get a decent time in its competitive game mode every November. For the past two years, we managed to get down to around 11 minutes while playing the 3-4 player version. I'm sure we can knock that down lower or get a decent score on the bigger version, we just need to apply ourselves for an hour or so.

Where?

I'm going to host a local server for Moonbase Alpha. I've done the setup in the past (duh) and it's not exactly difficult to connect to a game, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. We will be using EPIC's TeamSpeak server (ts3.epic-empires.co.uk) for voice comms.

When?

Tomorrow (November 10th) at 7 PM UK time. Chronus link for a handy countdown! I'm estimating an hour of playtime, chances are people will burn out even before that anyways.

Who?

If you're willing to play the mission a couple of times seriously in an attempt of getting a decent time, you're on. No experience, no microphone, no webcam required. Just download the game off of Steam, it's free. Since there are three versions of the mission (1-2, 3-4, 5-6 player versions), we're gonna roll with however many we get without trouble - I don't expect interest to exceed five people :rolleyes: But just in case, I'll take the first five 100% confirmed attendees.

How?

We hop on, we do a practice run, we do a couple proper runs, we hop off. We'll do a little Obsidian Conflict afterwards if there's still interest. The best time will be put up on my YouTube channel.

2. Metruption

Metruption Member

Fuck yeah john madden. I've setup for a server for this and the ports are probably still forwarded so if we end up having more people in merica than europe I can host

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

I honestly didn't think that ping meant something in this game but yeah sure!

Zoom wants to play too, I asked him over Steam ;)

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh wait, it's free? When did that happen, I thought it was like around 15$ or something.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

It's been free since it's been released I think. It's definitely been free for the last 4 years.