Lets Play! Saturday 21st September - 22:00 BST / 2300 CEST / 17:00 EDT / 14:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by A-z-K, Sep 20, 2013.

1. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

They communicated and were organized, that is the only thing you can really ask from a team in empires.

If they stick around to learn the game, they can make a difference.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

OSU bent Florida A&M over in a 76-0 win.

That was pretty fucking awesome, eh?

I was on NF in NE and we spent the entire round getting buttfucked, but FN & his dream team pushed through south and went for the kill. I love Canyon's infantry-v-infantry combat and I got an entire round of it. It was sick.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. ImSpartacus

Best PUG ever.

[​IMG]

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

lollllll

5. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

well what a terible pug that was, they are getting worse and worse there is no fucking direction or teamwork

6. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That was the biggest buttmad ive seen ever.

Even if it was a little stacked, there was no reason for this passive agressive shit. If you feel like its getting stacked for nf, just join them the next game instead. Especially since aside from Jephir being a cunt on mvalley once, nf showed actual competence and was fun to play with. I had loads of fun, even though I had 10-14 fps in a fight. Too bad this time AGAIN WE NEVER GOT ANY TANKS OUT. The most we did was be doing apc spam and nfs mock victory. At least UGL was kept to a minimum and HE was not a thing. I approve.

Also, whoever played on be, train on your awereness. I caugh so many guys with my shit fps with their pants down it was somewhat hilarious.

7. ImSpartacus

Aside from that match where Jephir fucked up the mvalley drop, I had a good time.

8. complete_

complete_ lamer

my favorite part of the pug was were everyone made a running joke out of the new players and how they sucked so much

youre all great

9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

winner winner chicken dinner?

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

On eastborough I had some fun with organised squad play.
    Mvalley could have been something but I feel like NF just gave up after the repair pad.
    Cyclopean was messy and teamwork was limited.
    Forest was just bad. I've spent the entire round in the south and had almost no grens or riflemen to support. I saw Valiant maybe twice and Incognito near the start of the round, except for them there were just engineers and newbies ramming jeeps into a coordinated squad. Yeah totally fun.
    I quit duststorm after my team took over north-west, middle and ruins with almost no resistance at all.

Those few "pug" rounds were worse than pub rounds I played a few hours beforehand.

11. Z100000M

It seems be had the same issues i had last pug.

At least i get to laugh back.

Also, DD, you say shit teamwork, but i picked you out more than anyone else. I also didnt really notice anyone bithcing about newbs. The only part i remember is where comX kept whining about imba. Played near a full squad of fresh guys. Seemed good enough tbh.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Not sure what you mean by that. I noticed I died to you a couple times and I admit to being greedy in some cases, but in others I was already past the point of caring and just walked around (after craig crashed/after northern front gave way)

13. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

14. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

It's always going to be a bit hit & miss but its all down to the people playing to make the games. But a lot of people I spoke to said they enjoyed it.

There really shouldn't be any issues with people stacking or not knowing what they are doing. If you have 90% vets you shouldn't be worrying about having a handful of new players.
    Hearing that people made a running joke out of new players makes me kinda mad though... Not cool guys.

Anyway, next one is two weeks time. Will post it up in a week.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

u subtweeting me ho

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

My only problem was that those vets didn't behave like vets at all. I'm not even sure who to blame in this case - I had almost no orders, be it from commanders or from squad leaders. When a frontline collapsed or pushed through nobody told the fighting force where to go or where to regroup. Many people simply up and left to other places, leaving the spot undermanned and soon recaptured by enemies. People around me didn't want to help much. Being new to the game and not dropping a wall the moment the previous one blows up is one thing, running up and down the trench line or just jumping out and getting gunned down is another. In critical moments I had no support around me - on cyclopean, people were too busy doing other stuff, on forest the few engineers that stayed continuously in a single frontline were no match against the organised EPIC squad with riflemen, a gren and revive engies. If a rifleman or grenadier of our own showed up, suddenly there were no engineers to back them up and/or they got outgunned by the enemies. Hell, even on duststorm the teamwork was kept to a minimum. If I wanted to play an FPS without cooperating I'd play Call of Duty.

I'm so butthurt right now I'm surprised I'm not bleeding to death.

EDIT: To be honest I didn't like my performance either, which in my eyes was subpar on every single round.

17. Z100000M

TraitorCam

Also, Be didnt seem to have any balls to begin with.

Forest, I got to the north, threw grens expecting rushing security and co any second, yet nothing came for like 10 seconds.
    Duststorm, be goes mids, be gets flanked to hell because it kept standing in a exposed position, dies. Keeps pushing mid against the rocks.

Those see like green mistakes not vet ones, yet people encoutered didnt seem to fit the bill.

18. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Except for the Mvalley round, I think at least 1/3 of BE were constantly new players. We didn't really have "90%" vets, especially on BE.
    Don't get me wrong, they are really nice new players. That's why I didn't kick them even though some vets couldn't join the server.

But the abilities to take grounds can't really be developed through simple communication. No matter how much they are willing to cooperate with you, in the end they still need to land their mortars precisely, if you know what I mean.

Also forgive me, I have 3 roommates sleeping behind me at 5AM, can't really use mic and organize shit more than "Bravo squad go east".

19. Z100000M

Your're playing emp in the middle of the night with people in the room?

You're kind of a dick.

Also, waiting for replays from dust and forest.

20. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Oh wow Jephir's video was hilarious.Makes me really wish I didn't have to work when pugs happen. I'm confused though at nf's beginning. When they didn't get the Vf at start I would have thought they would have ran on foot, at least to dam anyways. Instead they just ran around in circles.