League

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Evan, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

It is today I am pretty sure.

2. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

A fraps video that lasted an hour would be quite large...50 GB might be underestimating...

3. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

JPL won from CW on emp_slaughtered. JPL took over emp_slaughtered, putting their territory count back to two.

4. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Some demos are up on the files site. More will be posted when I receive them

5. Silk

Silk Mapper

Congratulations JPL !

I'm not gonna copy paste what i said on the jpl forum, a "congrats" must do ;)

6. davee magee

davee magee Member

cant wait to watch them, im wandering what was going on on the east side, i only went over there once.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2007
  7. Silk

Silk Mapper

I only fought on the eastside, but what should i say ...
    Tanks kept killing eachother, people kept shooting eachother, arties kept shooting eachother, both clans kept cursing eachother, i died eachother - no i meant constantly, ...

Pretty much all over again, for like ... i don't know ... almost 80 minutes?

It was FUN though. And the best part (for me) is that apparantly CW can handle defeat. I was afraid people would take it too seriously at first.

You know i never really cared should we lose, but at the end when we started to push you guys back, for the first time in my life i felt like we should win this game, and exactly at that time caggers kills our cv. It was a feeling i never had before, ... and caggers killed it before i knew it well enough to remember how it was ^^

8. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

great match. a bit long tbh, but certainly nice that there was a turnaround before the surprise exit.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Fear the secret JPL Ninja Breeding program...

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

i watched kylegars. kinda irritating when you see the "talk" icon light up for ages, then when it stops everyone else goes "hahahha yeah, so true" or "thats awesome haha"

i loved beerdude's commentary all the way through, sounded like he was practicing balancing a broom on his chin the whole way through from the sounds made... ^^ just kidding. his was probably the best commentary.

talking of which, have i ever mentioned how much i love the commentary? it really brings the games to life. there should be an official commentator, and if no-one objects I WILL FILL THAT ROLE! with lots of mindless chatter and pointless info, such as "ROOR:20 there, did you know that he has exactly 672 posts on the forum? here's a fun fact: he joined on the 25th of may 2006. his name is also a palindrome if you ignor the numbers and grammar, and is a noise commonly made by members of the felis animal family as a mating call or sound of pleasure." (my current info on the players in the league is a bit limited... i'll try to find some good stuff)

11. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Lol probably because the match wore on for some time (even took a peebreak lol) and I got tired (physicially) rather quickly :p

12. Silk

Silk Mapper

Yeah i'd totally love you for providing commentary like that.
    However how are you going to add commentary to a demo?

13. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

just speak over voice and you can here it. the only problem is that you can't hear the person taking the demo's voice. so whoever takes the video needs a talkback programme. or something.

14. Evan

Evan League Commissioner

Starting this week we will be using the cl_voiceloop 1 command so we can get the speaker's voice recorded.

My demo was so shitty because I was laggy (1500+ ping at times). I think my brother must have been downloading the entire bustyadventures.com site.

15. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

It wasn't the lag, i can assure you.