LCD monitor problem

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by pickjaoe, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

Mine's the best I've seen.

2. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I use my Samsung LCD and I'm quite happy with it. Having the extra deskspace and ease of mobility is easily worth some picture quality that i'll never notice. I can hardly stand the flickering from CRTs. CRTs are dirt cheap though, if you have the room, i say go for it. my samsung has a pretty terrible refresh rate, but it was only $230 and it does everything i need.

3. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

If this hasn't been said then I'll say it

It's fine, trust me, I have an LCD screen and I will sometimes get a faint mark from backgrounds.

Hell, if I'm in an arty tank for too long I get a faint red mark on my screen (Mostly from long perisods of green)

Anyways, to fix it either shut of your screen for 2 hours to 7 days
    Or you can try showing a solid single color on your screen. Example, have white cover the entire screen.

In CRT's, the damage is permanent, in LCD's, it's most likley not.
    You don't need to replace it, just let the electrons reset.

4. Jkun

Jkun Ban Hammer Manor Ruler

To the OP: Do LCD monitors have any form of degauss? Maybe that'll fix it.

I honestly have no idea, but I'm trying! D;<

5. pickjaoe

pickjaoe Member

Well guess what guys, it somewhat went away. After I posted that night I turned my computer off completely, normally I would just shut off the monitor. But in the morning the faint mark was gone. But then after around 5 hours of the monitor being on it started to reappear. So basically if I keep the monitor on for to long the faint mark will reappear. I changed the background and that seems to be helping some. As I type now it has been on for around 3 hours and on a gray back screen I can see part of the mark. So for now all is somewhat well. Thanks for the replies.