Late Game Infantry

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by polaski, Nov 22, 2007.

1. munky91

munky91 Member

I don't think it's worth the effort, but the infantry upgrades could be like tanks: You have to research them and buy them (from the armory). As fun as it might sound, I don't think this would add any real fun to the game. I agree: Tanks > infantry

2. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

i'm not advocating infantry that are better then tanks. What I am advocating is adding some significance to those last two promotions, so you can actually care if you get them. Engineers get extra turrets and shit, why do no other classes get bonuses? It's not like the engineers NEED the extra boost, they're essential to winning the map.

I'm talking minor stuff that wouldn't be a big coding change. Like, idk, a rank 5 grenadier could place a maximum of 10 mines, not 8, and a 6 could place 12 mines. Or something... that would fuck up the 9 mine balance and people might actually NOT want to be level 5 grens, but you get the idea, minor stuff.

Or, idk, scouts don't have to be touching as many walls to get the equivilent hide powers... so touching no walls would be like 1 wall, a corner would be like three walls. No change for 3 walls or more, cause then the game makes you invisible. That... would be bad.

Or riflemen would get a slight bump in their armor- it's what, 10% damage reduction? 20%? Increase it by, like, 5, or something.

3. pedro0930

pedro0930 Member

Interesting idea, customized infantry.
    Maybe there can be a new factory. For BE it would be a nano-tech implant center and for NF a genetic enhancement center. It would cost resources to upgrade your infantry just like building a vehicle. If you die ,you lose your upgrade. Those upgrades you buy are more powerful or at least on par with the skills, since they cost resources and is a one time thing.

4. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

scout hide takes less time each rank you have, so at lvl 5 it is 1 sec (at least this used to be the case).

let armor detection skill tell you the type of armor (if it doesnt already), and/or let it work on buildings

for riflemen... enhanced senses, or would that be too good?

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

type of armour- too powerful in my opinion.

enhanced senses for rifleman... also perhaps too powerful, seems like something a scout, being a scout should have. because a rifleman is already a beast at killing if there is no way you can even hide from him it'll be tough.

I think perhaps the enhanced senses ability of the scout should also be given to any nearby team mates.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

oh yeah well put :D