Killing floor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigTeef, May 8, 2014.

1. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I picked up Killing Floor 2 on Saturday on a whim; it's been pretty enjoyable so far, although I've only played as Berserker on Long Normal mostly. There are four maps out at the moment, I find that they all have a good balance between small corridor's/rooms and larger open spaces. The boss, Hans Volter, is an enjoyable fight; unlike the Patriarch, it's certainly possible to take him down with a variety of classes solo, but you'll have to be careful sometimes. Fleshpounds aren't as terrifying as they were before (For berserkers, at the least.

Skills feel weird to me; they need a lot of work done in terms of balancing. For example, most of the Berserker perks seem to pale in comparison to the passive bonuses of movement speed, damage and attack speed from leveling up, and a number of them scale inversely with health, so they're only effective if you purposefully have low health.

I feel like they're trying to split Berserker with Martial Artist and Sharpshooter with Gunslinger because they were too good for soloing with in the original. I was a bit disappointed when I jumped in and bought a katana, only to realize that it doesn't count as a Berserker weapon.

All in all, it has all that Killing Floor experience and feel to it, with a bit more variety and a bit more general balance. The only thing it really is missing is content and intra-class balance at this point. (Eviscerator sucks massively compared to the Pulveriser)

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Hello there everyone, I come to bring the news of sales, updates, and free weekends. Currently it's on sale for 33% off, and it's been recently updated to include demo and firebug along with weapons for said classes, along with berserker getting a rebalance and 2 new maps.

Last thing is that whole free weekend deal, so if you guys want to test it out for a bit now's a good time. Anyone want to play a few rounds and die horribly?

As an aside it's been mentioned somewhere that they don't intend to do any perk resets, I think this might have been a small issue with some.(I don't think they even did one since it went on early access.)

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Perk resets was definitely an issue I had but a friend of mine told me they announced they weren't going to do that a while ago.

Would really like to start playing this more.

4. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

They added directional swings, a stab, and a block to the beserker class.

Now if that only meant shit against flesh pounds.

5. Lazybum

Supposedly it helps with scrakes. Well the stab does I think. Also there's something about weapon strength vs attack strength. Meaning the only weapons that can block fleshpounds is the claymore, eviscerator(I think), and that mallet thing which I totally forget what it's called. So no more parrying fleshpounds with the scalpel.

6. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

Because I own chivalry I got the knight character.

Why wouldn't I use the claymore?

7. Lazybum

Oh I gave it a mention because I remember tanking a fleshpound as a medic before because you could parry with the knife, but that's not an option anymore. Which is important for anyone that's not a berserker to know because you don't always have a convenient berserker on to tank things. It's also nice to know that the katana or shovel you sometimes find laying around won't really work either.

8. Lazybum

Hey, it's been over a year since last post. Why the bump? Because Killing Floor 2 is finally out of early access and basically has all that they promised when it first came out. So yeah, anyone want to play?

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

I want to play it. I offer my body in exchange of a copy of KF2. If anyone is interested let me know.