JFR, BSP and friends mixed orginised scrim 18th december

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Spike, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Day
    Friday

Time

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Empries+scrim&iso=20151218T21&p1=1318

Maps
    to be decided

Information
    Currently instead of having JFR vs BSP scrim's there are going to be a series of scrim's starting on the 18th of December where JFR, BSP and ringer's will all play in a match where the teams are scrambled before a match and all put in to teams randomly to avoid stacking. Hopefully this will be done weekly/bi weekly.

There will be two commanders/team leaders one for each side.

Also feel free to invite non clan members to the events before hand.

The team scramble will be done by this before every game
    https://www.jamestease.co.uk/team-generator/

I hope this will strengthen the clan scene in empires and get more clan members for both clans.

Please leave a comment if you are a non clan member and interested in joining everyone is welcome.

2. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

I like scrims as much as the next guy, but are we really going to divide Empires' population two days in a row? or will this be open to everyone?

TheCreeper and vipervicki like this.
  3. Spike

It will more than likely be an open event if amatoxin and a few others agree but i do agree with you that it would divide the population and no one wants that.

4. Spike

Plus the this community is too small to exclude anyone by having a server with a password on it

5. Xyaminou

Xyaminou Member

Oh that gives me an idea, how about a way to prevent the match from starting? Nowadays we just increase commvote but wouldn't it be better to have a way for people to join team and then, when everyone is ready, start the vote.

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

Oh yeah.
    But that would probably require some coding done in empires (which means client update).
    Or maybe it could be done over server plugin somehow?

But, it is something we could definitely use, and I think it atleast deserves a thread in suggestions xD

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Well you probably could make a plugin that auto bumps the vote timer unless a condition is met, doesnt sounds like an overly complex thing (tm)

8. Lawliet

Lawliet Member

For pausing the event,

sv_pausable. It works but sadly you can't use the messaging system because of preventative spam measures.

9. 101010

101010 Member

there is the "ready start" cvars but i'm not sure if they work in Empires.
    mp_clan_ready_signal 0 Text that team leader from each team must speak for the match to begin.
    mp_clan_readyrestart 0 If non-zero, game will restart once someone from each team gives the ready signal.

Basically when both teams are ready and give the signal the map just restarts.
    But keeps people on the teams they was on.
    So people could screw around while waiting then when both teams are ready the map restarts.
    That way no sitting in spec for a hour waiting.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I know I probably can't make that.:(

I'm not sure how well that team generator is gonna work for an open event, but we'll see.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I'll probably be there.

But even when we were drafting teams, they weren't that balanced.
    I fail to see how scrambled teams are going to be better.
    螢幕截圖 2015-12-11 07.41.51.png

Also you should stream the scrambling process, or let someone who can stream to do it, so you don't have to call like 30 names and ask them to join which team individually.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  12. Spike

i have a feeling i may have to turn this into a pug due to alot of people being busy on Friday and its christmas so alot of people are going to be at party's and doing christmas shopping. Maybe we can get he numbers to this properly after christmas ? ill have to see if bsp can get enough interest if not it will most likley be a pug.

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

I still fail to see how it was gonna be a scrim...and how saying its gonna be a PUG changes anything, lol

Or you didnt mean to scramble the ones in the teams (clans)?

14. Drag0wn

Drag0wn Member

I might be able to make this event. No guarantees at all though, might be flying home that day.

If I'm around I can get people for an event.