IS it possible?

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by Satanchild666, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

With an SM plugin it may be possible. Hook before the ent is destroyed, when it it remove it.

2. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

<filler>

If you created a new entity with the same file as the emp_imp_commander, but changed it's name, the game wouldn't recognize it as the commander dying would it? because it's searching for the message that the emp_imp_commander entity has been killed.

3. Theowningone

Theowningone Noone likes me :'(

Still would require mod recode.

4. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

It has NEVER been like that. EVER. Either you didn't see the full picture of what happened, or you are just lying. As mentioned by someone else, it is possible to remove the CV from the game without ending it, but only cheat commands can do that. I imagine an admin removed it from the game to prevent the griefer from getting his way, and then proceeded to spawn a new one. If a CV dies, no matter how many CVs may be left, the game is over. Btw, if the commander tries to exit from a "deleted" CV, he crashes :p

5. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I think people should know the difference between an entity "Dieing" and being "Killed", before making such claims.

6. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Yep.

Ah the good ol days on etho's server making giant race tracks on the top of canyon with repair bays until the server crashed.