Is CPatton a bad leader/player?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by WalMartGreeter, May 21, 2012.

?

Is CPatton the worst leader/player in Empires?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Sprayer2708

Sprayer2708 Member

A few hints spartacus:
    The thread was initially about DotA2.
    Somebody mentioned heroes.
    Cpatton is talking about KDR.
    WMG trolled people by giving a falsiefied definition of "carrying" in DotA.

2. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

I refuse to listen to your blabbering about this "DOTA2" business. I'm obviously correct because I'm Spartacus!

But on a more serious note, why does the poll mention Empires?

3. BitterJesus

BitterJesus Member

Well, I tried.

4. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Cpatton is just generally shit at game. better win loss ratio than him says a lot.

5. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

First, I'm not going to babysit you throughout a game just so you won't die so often. Even when I told you to play support (lich), I had a hard time convincing you to get a courier and you did retarded stuff. For example, giving firstblood because you wanted to past their creepwave/heroes and get boots at the secret shop. Or walking into a visible team of five enemies and ulti'ing them alone, hoping two nearby allies would die with you in a 3v5. Hell, you didn't know what "smokes" were until I told you last week.

Last, you have know idea about DotA2 if you think simply "listening" to me/you will lead to a victory or defeat. Your logic relies heavily on a random, matchmaking system. Take the advise of your friend "gh0strat" and actually listen to other people for once in your life; you shouldn't lose a silly bet so you will actually listen to someone.

When you are no longer a stubborn newb (e.g. stop taking every criticism as a troll) and learned the basics, you can start playing with the big boys. At least reach Paradox's level where you're actually competent.

To be fair, I thought the sarcasm was obvious as I was illustrating CPatton's idea of "carry." Most people actually don't play DotA2. My bad.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  6. complete_

complete_ lamer

hey paradox remember when bsid paused the game for a total of 5 minutes. that was funnnnnnn

7. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

~Patton's definition of being proactive

1v5 ganks.
    giving mid free farm to try to gank lanes as a level 4 bloodseeker
    1v5 ganks
    using night stalker ult to farm creeps
    1v5 ganks
    charging past 2 towers
    1v5 ganks
    charging people he can't kill because hes underleveled and underfarmed from above
    1v5 ganks

8. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Well by being proactive, you are just initiating to an expected outcome. Maybe CPatton is trying to proactively lose. :D

Edit: Wait, who the fuck ganks as bloodseeker before lvl 6?

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

lol no COMM in DOTA 2, just a team.

You are right, it makes me look like a glorious fool. I don't mind though, this isn't empires. there is a specific style in DOTA 2 that wins 90% of games, and it requires timing and cooperation, that's it. It's aggressive but not overly and though it can't win every game, it wins most. Me and my buddies from university perfected it in DOTA, tore up with it in HoN. But it requires teamwork.

I've played games with a completely random 4 others where I don't have an empires douchebag deciding they can't be bothered to work as a team. And guess what? That's where I win most of my games.

Lol but who cares. It's more fun to play with people you know, I don't mind if they try their own style or not. I'm still going to try mine. It may not work often without team support, but then again I've never seen anyone else try to organize the team besides walmart, and that was only to push hopelessly against a more fed team (instead of easily 5 man ganking them). But hey, that could change:

Organize a team anything, and I show up. Gank, defend, etc. Good calls. I hardly see any of you do it.

Sit back and just whine about what others are doing, I don't care about you. Honestly those games I just feed purposefully anyways, it's a lot more fun than trying to run a 3 or 4 man team.

Never asked you to babysit. Owned that game as lich without even trying. That ult you are talking about? Resulted in their entire team getting wiped off the map. Better than trying to push against a heavily fed enemy team when doing that the past 5 times resulted in our entire team dying lol. But hey, do what you want, I rely on the match making system and end up destroying teams constantly when I do. I just prefer to play with people I know, even if they are dumb like you walmart :).

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  10. Fricken Hamster

Yeah, patton got an invis rune and walked to my lane which had no cc. I asked him what he could do. Hes like hurr I can silence one of them and then realized his folly and went back to his underleveled lane.

Patton your uh "90%" win ratio is probably because of your mmr.
    You don't organize anything good. Most of your ganks you organize is you blindly charging one guy and telling everyone HEY I'M CHARGING HIM and expecting everyone to follow you into what is a lot of the time, a bad situation. Then you rage at your team.
    You never think. I remember one game, where we were winning, until you started charging obvious baits and managed to get the team to follow you into an aoe clusterfuck. It happened many times, even after I pointed it out to you.

And aggressive ganks doesn't win games. big ganks, are expensive. Farming a lane always give more gold than ganking, especially if you aren't successful.
    During the lategame, the game is extremely volatile, thus being able to pick off a hero allows one team to place a lot of pressure on the other.
    Unfortunately you play this phase of the game the same way you play earlier phases of the game, except you're usually underfarmed and underleveled, and
    buy this time the teams usually travel closer together resulting in you dieing and throwing games.

11. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

What are you talking about? I remember that exact incident very differently (Hint: I was one of the two heroes that went through their forest to avoid your buffoonery). I don't know if you are in that much denial, an idiot, or trying to troll (Hint: If you are trying to troll, you are doing it wrong).

[​IMG]

^^^CPatton^^^

12. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

I'm glad DoTA, HoN & Co are keeping the worst sociopaths away from other online games.

13. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

There are crazier, sociopaths in Empires. We can all easily name one that doesn't anything but Empires (kinda).

14. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

Did he also accidentally the whole thing?

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

i knew i was gonna get a laugh out of this
    [​IMG]
    cpat you bad. gj dying to a dead guy

16. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

cpatton so bad at game

17. Fricken Hamster

oh man low render quality

18. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Cpatton, just uninstall. Seriously, I was fucking horrendous at HoN, literally could not play it to save my life. I died constantly, fed throughout the game, bought stupid items, tried to ult neutrals.

And I ended the game with a better KPD and score than you.

That is my sole experience of Dota-games with Cpatton. Take from it what you will.

19. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Member

Cpatton is a bit like dawgas.

20. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Not really, Dawgas actually tends to do pretty well if the team listens. His strategy isn't bad, his communication is.