Insurgency Beta 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by newguy, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

Someone could download one or the other and decide that mods aren't bad and decide to download some others. Brings players to the game. Without CS and later NS you really think HL would have lasted so long?

2. Mr. Weedy

Mr. Weedy I will report bugs on the bug tracker

"Exclusive Download Link: FilePlanet Mirror"

WTF MTFKING FK!!!

Okay this mod sucks do-I-have-to-say-what-and-how-hard.

I was thinking: "Okay I'll check it out personally to see how good/bad it is so I can say my own opinion about it."

Well looks like I don't have to even download it to make my mind. It purely sucks. I'm not registering to some stupid lame site to download 800mbs of files. I want to click download link and start downloading. I'm not registering to a site to have an account which I won't ever again use.

It sucks.

3. Jcw87

Jcw87 Member

I have to download stuff from fileplanet all the time.

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I HATE fileplanet with a vengeance, but I gotta say, everyone puts their files up on there. A while back I got an account and just stuck the password in a txt file so I wouldn't forget it. It's a sh**e site...but everyone uses it :/

Last edited: Nov 22, 2007
  5. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

They usually advertise for people in return for exclusive downloads.

6. ^Dee^

oh, there is a torrent on their forums btw. Got the new version in around 10 minutes off it.

7. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

ty dee, you win

8. rampantandroid

rampantandroid Member

a subscription is so cheap right now, I'm tempted...since you get exclusive betas and all...

But yeah, I found the torrent when I had a 30 min wait for a FP dl...and DLed the entire installer before I could start my FP dl...

9. Mr. Weedy

I found the torrent too, downloading now.

10. MomoZMonster

MomoZMonster Member

I'm sorry but this game does rock. I can see its not for deathmatch minded people, its very much a grown up version of CS. Talk about the need for team work, communication, prone , leaning , iron sights. You get lost, go lone wolf, you gonna die.

Would I want to play it all the time? NO! I wouldn't play games if they all required that much attention and focus.

This is an apples to Cucumbers comparison with empires. Totally different style. Empires wins cause of vehicular combat. Insurgency wins cause of infantry combat.

11. The Buttery Lobster

The Buttery Lobster Drama Queen.

well, i torrented it and gave it a try. It's not a bad mod by any stretch of the imagination, and it's certainly better then CSS because there IS more teamwork. My main qualm is my game is averaging about one crash per 30 minutes-- I've had to restart my computer twice, crashed out without having to restart once, and LOTS of the servers seem to do freaky shit when I join them (that is, the ones I can actually join because they don't have the incompatible third party plugins). Get rid of the bugs and it won't be bad at all. Maybe a hotfix or something.

Still like empires better, though.

12. Chahk

Chahk Member

I have an important question about Insurgency... How to get ammos there?

13. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

i tried to setup a fourm account for the first version of ins but never got any kind of confermation or anything about it.. the reason i like empires is everytime you play somthing new and crazy happens.. even if you play the same map over and over you will get different results..

thats also why i dont like css and ins.. gets boring after awhile.. and i played it with an open mind.. i went in it thinking this mod looks really great.. but it has no longevity

what did they change in this version that makes it any different?

14. The Buttery Lobster

yeah, crashes every 30 minutes, in all stages of the game, map load, actual game, new round, you name it. And half the servers wont let me load because they're using third party plug ins and the devs have said that that fucks up the game. I like the action in the game, I like the gunplay, I like the flow even if it is repetitive, but the fact of the matter is it's unplayable for me because of this annoying as hell shit.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

16. Mr. Weedy

Okay. Played it but I didn't like it. It is too complicated.

Well, not really but it is too slow phased for my liking. You get killed multiple times by ghosts and then you have to wait and search for the enemy next 5 minutes and maybe kill somebody and then die again.

Too slow, too silent. I don't like it even it is good and working mod and maps look nice. They have much places where you can take cover and they are very detailed, yet enough light for my computer to run smoothly on medium graphic settings.

17. The Buttery Lobster

is anyone with the torrented version having trouble? Dee? Weedy? I want to know if i'm the only one with these horrible issues.

18. ^Dee^

Not me, no. Only issues I had was the server crashing. I've since uninstalled the game :)

19. The Buttery Lobster

it seems to me that anyone who likes being a scout in empires will like the feel of insurgency, they play very similar- but like i said, i keep having all these fucking issues.

20. Slithzerikai

Slithzerikai I for one am glad the NF SMG 3 is gone

As far as I know you have unlimited ammunition.