Infiltration Round 9: L2GM plox.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Empty, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Empty

Empty Member

Infiltration: Round 9
    -Title is AFK-

Notes:
    None at the moment.

Introduction:
    Welcome to Infiltration. This is a game of cunning, luck, persuasion and guile. You are all stationed in a Northern Faction guerilla camp. Among your number are several Brenodi spies, eager to destroy each and every one of you, countersubterfuge. The spies are long-standing members of the camp, they could be any one of you. Over the next few nights they will attempt to murder the entire camps crew, and nullify the threat your camp poses. You have to do everything in your power to stop them. The camp is small and mainly comprised of civilian jekotian symapthisers.

Rules
    At the beginning of the round, several people will be randomly selected to be the Infiltrators, of the remaining people, several will be granted special roles (see below). Each day, a vote is put together and tallied, the people with the most votes are killed (if there is a tie both people tied die, if there is a 3way tie, the vote will be extended until we have a 2 way or 1 person 'wins'), after which, the night begins. Each night, the special players will use their 'powers' (Read below). They will elect their respective targets via a PM to me each night. After 24 hours, or if all targets are put in, whichever comes first, the next day dawns, and a summary of the nights events will be posted. In this summary, clues will be left. Please be explicit when you send me a target PM. Most of all, my word is law, what I say goes. You may argue it with me in PMs, but what I decide is final.

Clues
    Clues hint towards a player being a certain class, anything may be a clue, and a clue may relate to anything. Clues may relate to Avatar, Screenname, Personality, Notoriety, Famous 'deeds', past threads, Ideals, Join dates, and many other things not listed here. Some clues will be very cryptic. Others will be blatant. Clues may be found in Story Segments, story segments are written by me (not you guys), and are the only places clues may be found. Some story segments may not have clues. When a person dies in a story segment, their name will be Highlighted like that, denoting their class and that they are permanently and irrevocably DEAD. Roleplaying is not necessary or even asked of you. If you wanna do it go ahead. Day has been extended to 24 hours minimum unless all people vote, if you don't make a useful post in that time you will be kicked. (I want USEFUL POSTS, not stuff like 'lol posting to avoid kick', if you don't add to the game you'll be booted. Pay attention to who dies, if X accused Y then X died, Y is possibly an infiltrator.)
    At the end of the game, I will have a rundown of all clues, who they related to etc.

You may:
    -Discuss anything to do with the game outside of the thread.
    -Reveal your own role.
    -Fake reveal your own role.
    -Interpret and discuss Clues in this thread, IRC or private chat.
    -Vote in this thread during the 'day'.

You may not:
    -Reveal fellow Infiltrators if you are one, in this thread or outside of it. If you break this rule you will be Permanently and irrevocably removed from the current round, and any after it.
    -Talk about what you know if you are dead. This rule will get you banned from the next round, but you may participate the round after that. Do not post if you are dead unless you have a very good reason. The dead CANNOT help the living by interpreting clues or anything else. They are SPECTATORS. I mean this rule! Several people have broken this, keep it up and you will be banned from the next round.
    -Quote your role PM. Or any similar evidence of your role. The only time your role should be known for sure is upon your death or at the end of the round.

These guidelines may be updated without notice. If an issue crops up for the first time I will be lenient in punishment, but afterwards standard punishments apply.

If I fuck up in some way (blatant clues that aren't fair or something else) do not discuss it in the thread, PM me with your complaints. I'm not perfect, and I will make mistakes. If this is the case I am sorry.

Targets:
    You have 24 hours to get your targets in once night falls, if you don't get them in, get the fuck over it.

Do not send me targets through chat, there are security reasons for this, my terrible memory and the fact that unlike a PM, I CAN LOSE A CHAT LOG.

Questions:
    You may ask me or the Co-GM questions about rules and such, question sessions are confidential, try to reach us on steam rather than IRC. If the Co-GM is unsure or cannot answer, and I'm not available, use PMs. Nothing happens ingame unless I'm here, so you're more or less guaranteed to get the message to me before time runs out.
    Don't ask questions about clues, we can't answer them.
    Don't overinterpret what we say. When you ask a question and we reply: "I can't answer that" we mean, we can't answer that, not "He's an infiltrator but I'm not telling".

Day/Night Cycle:
    After this point, Day/Night cuts off 24 hours after it begins.
    If you don't get your votes in, tough. If you don't get your targets in, tough.
    If I'm unavailable to call the 24 hours, a Co-GM can. They won't put in story/deaths, it's simply a notification that targets/votes are closed. This notification doesn't start the next day/night however, to give you all 24 hours to make decisions.

Idlekicking:
    After this point, you will be idle kicked if you make no contribution in a night/day cycle, this is 48 hours, plenty of time. Contributing can be voting, interpreting clues, or talking to the GMs. Idlekicking will become a lot more serious, and there will be no more leeway given. Or will it?

Abstaining:
    Abstains are discarded and do not count.

Trolling:
    Stop trolling your teammates. You fucktards.

Order of hits/actions etc:
    As of now, every target given to me will take effect in a night unless stopped by an ability (medic save, saboteur)
    If a rifleman targets an infiltrator, and the infiltrator targets the rifleman, both die. If an infiltrator kills a base crew, and the infiltrator is killed by a rifleman, the infiltrator kill still goes through.

2. Empty

Empty Member

Roles:
    I will PM you with your role when you get it. If you get no PM, assume you are a crew member. Do not post with questions like 'When do we get PMs', they are handed out as soon as the first round of voting occurs.

Infiltrator
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Each night they may attempt a murder. The Infiltrators know of their comrades, and as a group they may commit a number of murders equal to their own number less one. E.G. There are 4 infiltrators, less one is 3 potential kills. The rule doesn't apply to the last infiltrator.

Medic
    Chosen at random at the beginning of the round. Can elect one player per night to 'Revive'. If that player is murdered during the night, the Medic will revive them. Medics cannot protect themselves. If there are 2 hits on a player, a medic cannot save them. The medic saves people before any hits on him occur.

Rifleman
    The rifleman takes justice into his own hands each night. He may elect to kill any player he chooses each night. His murders are subject to the same counters as Infiltrators (medics). The rifleman begins the game with 5 "lives". He loses a life if he:
    • Kills an innocent
    • Gets a hit placed on him
    He gains a life if he slays an infiltrator.
    Medic saves will prevent a life loss from a hit.
    If the riflemans lives fall to 0, he will DIE.
    Being killed by vote will still cause the rifleman to die.

Scout
    The scout may spy on a player each night. He chooses a target each night and will get a piece of information that the GM (Me) chooses. This may be simply another clue, or it may be the persons class. Scouts may be given extra clues via PM without asking on certain occasions, but this is not guaranteed. In this version he can also hide for a night, forfeiting his chance to spy on someone but avoiding a hit if one is placed upon him. Doublehits will still slay him.

Grenadier
    The Grenadier may choose one target per night, if that person dies, their killer will be slain as well. He may only use this ability successfully once, but if the ability does not result in a death, he may re-use it the next night. After the ability has been used up, he will revert to a base crew. If he hasn't used his ability and dies, he will be revealed as a grenadier, if he has used it successfully, he will be revealed as base crew. He cannot target himself. Grenadier effects take place at the end of the night.

Engineer
    The engineer can drop ammo for one person each day.
    He will PM me his target during the day, and the target will be notified at nightfall that they have extra ammo.
    Extra ammunition allows classes which issue a target to issue two. Riflemen get two kills, grenadiers, two targets, medics, two saves. It does affect Infiltrators. If it hits a base crew or a non-target giving person, no effect occurs, and neither party is alerted to that fact. An engineer can also drop a camera over 4 people each night, if any of those people sends in a target for an ability the engineer will be informed of what ability it was but not who committed it. Rifleman and Infiltrator hits will not be differentiated.

Cannon Fodder
    Cannon fodder can quite simply survive two seperate attacks. Like base crew they can take a bullet, but uniquely they can choose to take a bullet on two occasions.

Base Crew
    The base's crew are simply personnel in charge of maintaining operations. They have no specific powers, but their firing squad vote is worth the same as anyone elses. Base Crew are not the most powerful people in the game, but a smart Crewman who figures out the clues can be more dangerous than the Rifleman.
    Once and one time only, they can 'take the bullet' for someone else. They may choose a target, and if said target was targetted by a killing class, the crewman dies instead. If nothing occurs, the crewman looks silly, and cannot use his ability again.

Rick Role
    You know the rules, and so do I.

Players:

0. Me
    1. Brutos
    2. Z1000000M
    3. Foxy
    4. KamikaziMelon.
    5. Blizzerd
    6. complete_
    7. Hygrom
    8. Vulkanis
    9. Predominance
    10. Recon
    11. Trickster
    12. Aeoneth
    13. Scardybob
    14. Kylegrar
    15. Cloud
    16. Ikalx?
    17. Nattaboy
    18. Jessiah
    19. Predator
    20. Metal Smith

Roles:
    1 Rifleman
    1 Scout
    1 Medic
    1 Engineer
    1 Cannon Fodder
    5 Infiltrators

You can no longer sign up.

3. Empty

Empty Member

Updates:
    Role Updates:
    Rifleman "Lives" system added:
    The rifleman begins the game with 5 "lives". He loses a life if he:

* Kills an innocent
    * Gets a hit placed on him

He gains a life if he slays an infiltrator.
    Medic saves will prevent a life loss from a hit.
    If the riflemans lives fall to 0, he will DIE.
    Being killed by vote will still cause the rifleman to die.

Scout Hide function added:
    Lets the scout survive a hit if he is targeted at the expense of his spying capability.

Engineer camera added:
    And engineer can also drop a camera over 4 people each night, if any of those people sends in a target for an ability the engineer will be informed of what ability it was but not who committed it. Rifleman and Infiltrator hits will not be differentiated.

Cannon Fodder Class Added:
    Cannon fodder can quite simply survive two seperate attacks. Like base crew they can take a bullet, but uniquely they can choose to take a bullet on two occasions.

Base Crew still have the "take a bullet" ability.

4. Empty

Empty Member

"Sir we've been experiencing reports of multiple attempts of subterfuge and sabotage recently. The Faction forces have been taking up more guerilla like tactics than before. Several bases have been overrun from the inside, we even had a nuclear submarine commandeered recently. It's time to strike back."
    "You're right Williams, and I believe I have a plan to get some revenge for our lost troops."
    "Sir?"
    "Intel came back recently from the Glycen region. The city is somewhat secure, but our spies managed to intercept some messages, the Jekotians have been planning to repeat some of their spy tactics. I plan to cut them off before that happens."
    "Do you plan to move in and kill the guerillas?"
    "No. Not directly. They've been recruiting sympathisers from the City outskirts. I plan to sneak in a few well trained veterans. They're all crack troops who have seen action a few times before. This should be a cakewalk for them. The Jekotians will accept them into their ranks, and from in there we'll tear up the rebels from inside their ranks. Give them a taste of their own medicine."
    "An interesting idea sir, but I don't see it being fully practical. Surely an armor column would be less prone to error?"
    "A valid point. But the Faction soldiers are holed up out of the city, it's difficult terrain, easy to get a tank trapped or ambushed in. A large number of soldiers and armor could be lost, to eliminate only about 15 hostiles. Besides that, Command has tasked me with trying out this concept of countersubterfuge. Depending on how well our soldiers handle this mission, we'll be repeating the exercise elsewhere."
    "Understood. Who are we sending?"
    "Here are are the dossiers."
    "Lt. Empty? Sir?"
    "Yes, he'll be leading the group."
    "I'll send the mission briefs out to the men. They're a bit ragtag though, are you sure they can work together?"
    "Absolutely."

2 weeks later.

Empty sat in a small tent, his electric heater barely keeping the blood flowing through his fingers. He muttered to himself. "Who the fuck came up with this mission anyway."
    A cool breeze touched the back of his neck, raising the hairs.
    The tent flap should have been shut.
    His blood ran cold.
    "What mission?" a voice rang out behind him.
    Empty twisted on the spot, remaining seated. He stared the newcomer in the face.
    "I don't know what you're talking about comrade."
    "You mentioned a mission. What kind of 'office worker' has a mission to carry out?"
    Empty's cover story was falling apart around him.
    "I don't know what you mean." he said, his hand, out of view reached for his sidearm.
    "Don't play dumb. I've been following you for a while now. I know you're not on our side."
    "In that case..." Empty rolled onto the floor and drew the pistol. He aligned the shot and pulled the trigger, but it didn't even click.
    "FUCKING SAFETY" he swore as the mystery man swing his rifle into Empty's head, it collided with a dull thump, and Empty dropped the pistol and groped at his face in pain.
    "You motherfucker!" he yelled, his voice slightly muffled by his hand. Blood started dripping between his fingers.
    "I just got one thing to say. Don't fuck with the Faction." the assailant stated calmly, as he unhooked his rifles safety and fired a round between Empty's eyes.
    "One down." he whispered as he left the tent.

"Who the fuck killed Empty?" stated Brutos at the next meeting of the Guerilla force in it's entirety.
    "I found the body." Stated Cloud. "I checked his shit. He had some mission details from the Brenodi HQ inside Glycencity."
    "So he was a traitor?" Predator enquired.
    "Yah. Someone must have found him out." Cloud continued.
    "So why didn't they step forward now?" Brutos interjected.
    "Perhaps there are more spies?" asked Blizzerd.
    "Perhaps." Brutos replied.

DAY 1
    START YOUR VOTING. WHO WILL BE VOTED OFF TODAY?
    (You're voting to kill btw.)
    (And you're all Jekotian lolz!)

5. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

There is a notable lack of any references to clouds or shadows.
    We're also Jekotian this time.

Obviously, this lack of reference combined with playing the opposite faction makes cloud very obvious.

Vote cloud.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  6. Empty

Empty Member

Empty was dead.
    DEAD LIKE A FOX.

7. Cloud

Cloud Member

Randomvote Zoom!

8. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

Cloud better be the goddamn cannon fodder.
    Empty said so in Cloud's sig.

HOLDING BACK ON VOTING FOR NOW

9. Empty

Empty Member

Remember kids, Abstains don't count no more!

10. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

so wait, the base crew are the infiltrators, and the infiltrators are infiltrating the infiltrators? story wise that is...

[​IMG]

yo dawg

11. Nattaboy

Nattaboy Member

[​IMG]
    yo blizzerd, I'm really happy for you, Ima let you finish, but Empty had one fo the greatest infiltrations of all time! of ALL TIME!!

The meme war begins?

12. Empty

Empty Member

Yo dude, I heard how much you like jekotians, so I put jekotians, pretending to be jekotians, in your jekotians, so you can have fake jekotians who act like jekotians in jekotia so they can jekotia jekotia jekotia.

13. Vulkanis

Vulkanis Banned

I vote Titster

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  14. Jessiah

Jessiah Member

I'm abstaining for now, randomvote is for fags.

15. complete_

complete_ lamer

titster

16. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

lamer is a fag. But I don't vote him because he's too useless even if he is an infiltrator.

17. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I vote Vulkanis.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  18. Empty

Empty Member

Vulkanis, I'm fairly sure everyone with the ability to kill wants you dead.
    Not because you're a threat, you're just so god damn annoying.

19. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

When I was an infiltrator in one of the other games, we left him alive because he was more of a hazard to his team than the infiltrators. It paid off.

And due to this, for the good of the base crew, I vote Vulkanis.
    Not because I suspect him of being an infiltrator, but because he's so fucking bad at this.

20. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

How do I know if I am an infiltrator?