Infiltration Round 3: Alone in the Dark OOC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blizzerd, Dec 14, 2009.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

post here anything that is not related to your character, or who is who, but still related to the game

rules;
    dead people and other spectators can only post about the game in this thread and not in the game one (yes, i did it too, but its not right)
    il ask someone later to remove/move anyone still posting in the game thread

as a dead person, you cannot give any clues, or any kind of information you gained in life nor death, you cannot give orders to living people, for example "reveal that info i gave you when i was still alive" is a no no!

it is generally advised not to talk directed to an individual about the game in private if the individual is alive and you are dead or vica versa

that should be about it, have fun i guess ^^*

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  2. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

im excited :cute:

3. Empty

Empty Member

I'm excited too!
    [​IMG]

4. Mageknight

Mageknight Member

Canyon?

RUSH NORTH RUSH NORTH RUSH NORTH

5. Cloud

Cloud Member

I'm honestly as excited about this round as i am about the dual/duel (yes, both) update in TF2. This game makes me laugh, and tf2 makes me feel awesome.

6. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think i might be out first. But the infiltrators will all still be in.

It's a shame. But scardy bob is suspicious >.<

Ahwell, I'm still full of shit to pull out of my ass. I'll troll up to the first vote :D

7. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

No avatar, no signature, who are you? and no, you're not ignored :p

8. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

This is actually kinda fun XD

9. Pope_Homeless_XIII

Pope_Homeless_XIII Member

Aww I though you guys were talking about the Alone in the Dark games :( . Well fuck it, I don't care what the review said about the last game I still like it, especially that part where you're being chased by the fissure as New York crumbles around with that epic music playing in the background... Awesome!

10. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

lol, you'll be out first? The way this one is going, if I don't get voteslayed, I'll be infilraeped.

11. Foxy

Foxy I lied, def a Forum Troll

If I were an infiltrator, I'd be killing all the people obsessed with shit.

12. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Meliarion, if I were an infiltrator and you got everyone to scout you and medic you, I would simply have every scout hit you. Apparently you don't survive a double hit, so *poof*. Except for of course the abstaining.

I also thought Empty might be trying to play with us, but if there's only 2 traitors, and no other classes, it would be an interesting game of paranoia.

13. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

I think empty and blizzerd were the two traitors, and now they are just fucking with us til we kill eachother off.

14. Empty

Empty Member

We've been spotted Blizzerd.
    Get to the chopper!

15. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

When in panic, fear or doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

16. Meliarion

Meliarion Member

Have every infil hit me shows a lot of information about the infils.
    1. The infils are organised enough to do this
    2. The infils are determined , as the grenadier will kill whoever kills me and as they do not know the number of medics they have no way of knowing who it will be.
    Also it will buy more time for clues, if I survive I will be able to coordinate the scouts, if I die then someone can try to do the same thing that I did and another gren might be able to pop another infil, the infils will have had to spend most of their hits on me to be certain of killing me buying us more time and they will be down one infil thanks to the grenadier.

17. Empty

Empty Member

Keep in mind if there are grenadiers they can also be responsible for killing the bases rifleman if there are any.

18. Metal Smith

Metal Smith Member

Keep in mind that if we trust melarion in this, and accept that he just isn't the one infiltrator that sat out, he's in a right old dandy position to take out many people at once. First, he'll find out who the scouts are. Second he'll take out those scouts, and replace them with his infiltrator buddy as the scout. third, He'll start taking out the base crew with infiltrators, false evidence and influencing the votes.

No one should have this much power without a couple of votes and some hints. He is obviously trying to manipulate the base crew for wins. It will also guarantee that he'll survive.

19. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

*grenadiers protect me*
    *engineers Revive me*
    *scouts scout me*

Hmmm... sounds like my commander position in round 1 <_>

20. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

im not playing ,but its kinda related to the game

i think most of the players don't even understand the basic concept of that game (aside of wining ofc)

20 players = 20 unknows (i know that its more complicated becuase of the diffren't roles)

i dont get why you really rely on what one says about others or himself, % of him lieing is ~50% so it doesn't really change anything
    so ,you are basically trying to solve a 20 unknowns equation ,which is impossible
    the only thing that counts (if they are never misleading, and i dont know that ) are the clues, but rather than trying to solve this by yourselves, you end up having a long and pointless debate on a certain guy on the forums.
    It is sad to see same people loosing becuase they were used by others again.

also, metalsmith, afaik im not playing the game, could you please stop PM-ing me about how "certain person" seems suspicious to you?
    thanks

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009