Indications on the mini map when buildings are attacked

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by sickre, Jan 10, 2008.

1. sickre

sickre Member

Hey guys, when the voiceover comes up to players saying 'refinery under attack' etc, can whatever is being attacked come up in the mini map in a flashing colour or something?

The attack messages atm are useless unless you know which specific building is being attacked.

2. L3TUC3

L3TUC3 Member

The building does flash. It's just pretty hard to notice if the minimap is full.

3. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

Yeah they flash white, it can be kinda glitchy some times...

4. Brutos

Brutos Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Use the Space key.

5. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

anybody seen icons flashing wrong team colours or flashing in team colours when it should be yellow?

I havn't found the cause yet... can't really report it.

many a time i've gone OH SHI THERES A BARRACKS IN OUR BASE oh wait it was the radar being missile sniped.

6. Starcitsura

Starcitsura Member

I get that problem a lot.
    When I spot a building the last building built first changes to the enemies team colour, then the enemy building shows up and the last building built goes back to its normal colour.
    And other buildings randomly change colour, when getting attacked, or being built...

7. thaile

thaile Member

seems like a coding error where the program has in memory some other building. When the spotting or attacking command happens it flashes the building in memory, runs the sound, then updates the building in memory before flashing again.

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Hey actually I had an idea the other day.. not enough time to make a thread for it.. but check it

When you zoom in on the mini map the building squares should get smaller.. Right now you zoom in and a little camera square is as big as a VF on the mini map, making things cluttered and shitty looking.. I know there was some talk about making different icons for different things but they should change in size with zoom... thoughts?

9. sickre

sickre Member

Obviously, but you can't if you're infantry.

10. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

How about we change this suggestion to a more visible marker for buildings that have been attacked? Something like a big crosshairs over them in the other team's colors, or a yellow exclamation point... something that stands out. And have it remain for longer.

11. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

How about a temporary increase in size, with an icon, like
    ._
    |_|

becomes
    .___
    |_|_|
    |_|_|

12. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I think a semi permaneant change in colour, or much more frequent flashing would be better.

I.E, either it goes white and stays white for 5 seconds, or it flashes red white red (if you're NF) but very quickly, unlike the red.... ...... .... white..... ..... .... red that it does now.

13. DeadlyDad

DeadlyDad Member

...or to make it really easy to see, draw 50% transparency horizontal and vertical red lines through it that are the full width and height of the minimap, respectively. It will still be easy to see what else is going on, while making sure that you can't miss attacks.