improve the commander

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by BlakkCooper, Jun 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlakkCooper

BlakkCooper Member

following changes:

the commander can choose his weapons/upgrades without limits.

examples:
    - pistol 2, rocket launcher, repair kit, armor, repair upgrade, revive, defusal, hide
    - pistol 2, heavy rifle, mines, armor, defusal, health upgrade, speed upgrade, dig in

the commander get 1 free skill (even he is not in a squad)

the commander is the commander no matter he is in the cv so no one can hijack the cv anymore. furthermore the commander can go into the commander view whenever he want (even he is not inside of the cv). BUT if the cv is destroyed you will still lose (the commander needs the cv for the satelite uplink or whatever...)

the cv can now take 2 passangers so the commander dont has to push teammates anymore.

to prevent that the commander will be to much overpowered i think if the commander dies he has to wait longer time to respawn (x3 times [usualy 30 seconds]) and while this time he cant command and he cant kicked.

- - - - -

all this changes will make the commander very powerful and less vulnerable and a very strategic component!

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

Let's just take a rifle, mines, mowtar, ammo upgrade, and hide and kiss the enemy comm goodbye.

No

3. BlakkCooper

BlakkCooper Member

srsly u suck...

4. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Why would anyone possibly want this?

I don't think you understand why people want to remove pushing and comm-rushing. It makes the game too fast, and makes it too dependant on what one person does in the first thirty seconds of the game -- it means that even a moment's confusion over who becomes comm can screw things up and cost a team the game. The idea behind removing them is to ensure that we have an actual "beginning" section of the game that lasts a bit longer, and to make things less dependant on the comm using one overpowered strategy.

The rest is just awful. Why would anyone want the comm to be Superman? It's bad enough that they're an engineer -- I can see why it's a good thing in some ways, and I know that it couldn't be taken out without slowing down the game / making it more annoying, but I do feel that having the comm rush out to do 'important' game-deciding things themselves is bad for the game.

The game is supposed to depend on teamwork. Not on the comm being uber-leet on their own. Not on the comm and their two buddies being uber-leet on their own. The comm's power is supposed to be in making the team work together, not in doing things themselves.

5. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

So if the commander loses connection to the server, will the next person who gets in CV sudden get more weapons and an extra upgrade?

If the CV is given assenger seats a lot more games will be over in under 5 mins because of CV ninja rushes.

What if the commander gets killed and someone has to retrieve the CV for him, this wont work if no one else is allowed to enter it.

Bad ideas all around, please think before you post :(

6. Mr.Bungles

Mr.Bungles Member

agreed, i think this would be a bad idea as the comm could just rush and kill everyone

7. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

...or worse rush and not kill everyone, instantly losing the game for his team.

8. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Just make the comm vehicle matchbox-car size so the comm can put it in his pocket (no comm stealing or pushing), give him the ability to fly and shoot lasers out of his eyes and shoot unlimited Bio MLs out of his ass

9. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

And a gun that fires vehicle factories at the enemy?

10. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

I want my salvo sharks

11. Empty

Empty Member

Lawl I can imagine tis, if it becomes a class then the comm will just leave the comm at the start and rambo the enemy comm to death with his DU pistol.

12. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Now that I think about it, this would work great if every comm gained the powers of George Washington. Replace the comm vehicle with a horse made of crystal and give them a little schnauzer-dog. Their model could even have a wig. And, like, thirty goddamn dicks.

13. Vaun

Vaun Member

Ill give someone 5 e-Dollars if they make a GW model for the NF and hide it in the CV, so u can only see it with noclip or something, and the same with BE, but with the king guy, forgot which... or maby reverse it, idk.

14. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

This thread is pointless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.