Im Back!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =PVCS) Cpatton, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

You mean to say that your connection is worse than mine for comming?!?!?

:-O

Wait a second...

I've got 5k/s down, and about 3k/s up (more like 2...). This leaves me around 8 total.

You have 15k/s. That's about twice what I have, yet I can still play that while on TS (with the codec turned down to 9.3 or 7.2 of course).

:-?

Have you tried dropping your cmdrate to around 20 or 25, and your updaterate to around 10? My updaterate's usually 5 if the server gets REALLY full, but I can still play and I can still comm......

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  2. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

yea, I have. Unfortunately, I've tried limitig all the rates to various degrees, I tried for about an hour and a half (you think I give up on comming that easliy? :) ). The 15 kb.s, is on a very very VERY good day. I've been downloading through steam recently and it looks more like 6 kb/s on average. Regardless, my firewall has become even worse lately, and cuts off packet response if the port is over used. Therefore, every 10 minutes or so, I end up with 15 seconds of complete inability to see whats going on. I'm looking at the same frame of the world for that amount of time.

Firewalls suck!

3. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

:'(

I cry in sadness. These are cruel people that do not allow the almighty CPatton to command us.

4. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

heh, good news though. from now on, on the first saturday of every month, I will be able to comm for a few hours. I managed to beat the system by reserving a room for a club I have once every month. This room has internet provided by the school, but is not under the school firewall ;). It provides me with a means of comming, so you might once again hear me shouting out orders and see random comm buzzing ;)

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Three Great Huzzahs!

Hail the mighty CPatton! May his enemies know fear!

6. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Ok, im back! I said i would, lets DO THIS!!!

7. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Again? This is turning into an off/on relationship :p

8. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i remember this guy from way back ingame. dont remember his style tho.

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

He has an even crazier com rush then me... So if you se a BE com in the middle of the NF base at the start of the match... you probably know its him :p

10. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

most likely. Thing is I don't intend to use that strat, it used to only work with noobs in the server. I assume, that after the time that has gone by with this mod in a stasis, so to speak, that that wouldn't work. So, I'm sticking to a little better tactics right now, ones that provide a little better guarding of the comm. However you best expect the comm to be always moving when I'm the commander.

I never followed the forums much cause of the constant posts and my involvement in 3 other forums. Now I'm back home for a month I have the luxury to take on another forum, and to come back and play the game lag free. This will change at the start of the semester and I will once again be a ghost, but I intend to continue to participate in the forums from now on ;)