Im Back!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by =PVCS) Cpatton, Jun 1, 2006.

1. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

hey guys! im back from finals and hell of shit. I know I've been gone a while, but just thought I'd let everyone know im back around.

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

oh shi-

3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I don't know who you are =(

4. Jn.

Jn. Member

I don't either

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Wtf liez
    Of course you know CPatton, he's the guy that commands all NF teams to straightforward victory and then moondances in his cv.

6. Headshotmaster

Headshotmaster Member

I wub patton :D

He's one of the best tank commanders I graced to fight with and against.

He may be a little...obnoxious sometimes but he's a really great player.
    Glad to see your back for the long run :D

7. dizzyone

owyes the great commander that led 3 of the dev team to defeat and almost got banned permanently for mic spamming his bound to lose orders.

Also the comm that has to drive the comm to the most dangerous place in the map everytime and loses everytime

well everytime i was comm of BE anyway :P

welcome back tho i was wondering what happened to you :)

8. Half-Life_Maniac

Half-Life_Maniac Member

You are from the anomolous materials labs. Yes, I recognise you.

9. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

There are more people that want to comm everytime. Usually it's battle for the cv: who will be there first.

10. dizzyone

I never said I disliked Patton, had great fun, but hes an ignorant comm and takes unessecary risks, you cant be faster than your team is , you might own noobs but his strategy (that i have see him do everytime) have big problems, like getting taken from every side on the map and having a really bad start, res, research wise.
    Never seen him win when I was on the other team, mostly as comm.

and tbh the one game where he drove his command vehicle into enemy territory in a 15 vs 15 game to drop a refinery is just stupid, there were like 10 guys of mine there, if that didn't end the game, it was gonna be his strategy anyway, you cant force your team to victory by relocating to one of the most important places on the map

Merged for you - Jkun

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2006
  11. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

ok I've been getting way too many xfire messages from random people asking em to come back..... so fine here I am, but dont expect anything too outrageous from me, I'm behind a firewall that allows 10kb/s transfer (college), so here we go.

if I may continue an old conversation without being yelled at, yes, I did some stupid things. most, were trying things out, but I found one thing to work back when I played alot. The team follows the comm. If they cant hear, adn they for some reason dont understand english, people who know the game think "there goes the comm! follow it so we dont lose". nubs thought "oh look! something moves! sweet!". In any case, when at the begining of the game, the fastest means of transportation was the comm. by going someplace and getting there before anyone on foot can possibly manage to get there, you stop, get out, build a barracks, a turret, and then wait for reinforcements. Worked a good amount of the time. Being offensive meant more resources gathering, and that meant more to spend later. This was a very easy win card for maps such as badlands (I think that was it).

Sometimes, it worked out bad. Comm crashes often meant instant lose in these situations, cause you had to work very fast for the plan to work. But the plan had one thing in mind: make the team work together. If you work together you win, and if you want everybody to go to one place right now, take the most important thing in the game, and bring it there. As long as I could still drive it it usually meant I could get it out of there if it didnt work out.

Was I ignorant? no. but with no easy means of lightning fast mass communication to the team, I took it upon myself to do the important stuff, like set a front far forward. Risky? yes. Did I fail? many times, but it made for instant combat, immediate gain in territory, and I thought it made it much more interesting gameplay.

oh, and emp_money was so fun to go buzz the other base with the comm, and it distracted the other team while my team built the refineries. It was great.

12. dizzyone

it works against noob, but i could wall you in too easily, you dont want your commvehicle in the front line, for that reason and many others

13. Deiform

Deiform Member

lol, I was gonna say, try doing that again on emp_money when dizzy is comm and watch a massive array of walls appear around his side of the map.

14. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

:D Dizzy likes to box in enemy CVs with walls.

15. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Whole sh*t Patton your style seems a bit more agreesive of mine O.o (Though I would never try to go to the enemy base or near the enemy comm, beacuse if the other comm gets close to me, I wall like dizzy :D made for some funny wins... let me dig a pic up...)
    [​IMG]

Good to have an old member back, welcome back... looks like again...

16. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Every game I've been in that CPatton has commed, there's been no real reason for his team to lose unless the enemy exploits or excessively turret farms and outnumbers us.

17. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

yea, I hate that BE turret farm exploit it pisses me off. Oh, this was before the latest change, where you couldn't wall far away from your base, and also you couldn't wall in he presence of the enemy comm. obviously nowadays I couldnt do my tactics since those things are now possible. Although, my tactics on emp island and emp crossroads would still work, quite well even I bet. after the placement of a barracks, walling me in would be impossible, as I believe it is still in effect that you cannot wall near enemy buildings correct? So, only the really retarded tactic on emp money wouldn't work.

oh by the way, that works on more than just noobs, it distracts regs too, Ive done it enough times to know that those who dont explicitly know Im just TRYING to distract em would still run after the comm like they were noobs XD.

Update: I am completely unable to comm. Despite everything I've tried, OIT at UOP is entirely too strict. I am unable to send enough packets back to comm. Once I get in the comm overview, I am unable to exit anymore. Its completely impossible. E only responds if I hold it down for 11-13 seconds. Buildings I place appear 5-7 seconds later. madness I tells ya! So, for the next 9 months, I'll only be comming during major holidays. After that, I will be outside the university firewall, and instead of trying to find a way out, I will be trying to find a way in.

sorry to disappoint, but I wont be able to comm anymore, the use of new stratagies I've formed wont be possible until then. :(

Last edited: Sep 25, 2006
  18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

unless you share

19. MOOtant

MOOtant Member

Check choke and loss with net_graph 3. I get such effects when server gives me big choke. (rate 10000 is enough to command most of the time).

About risky strategy: :) some may not like it but game is more fun then. If it isn't clan match (even those in beta are not so important) it's usable strategy. It will work on any large map where startup resources are lower than 600-700.

20. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

yea, 10000 isnt an option. i know My way around hl2 engine, console, and source mods in general, and my rates for css can be 5000, although I had to write a script to reset my rates after the first second of every round (to stop the overflow lag caused by the setting of each entity for over 6 people, which caused a self feuling loop of lag that would never end were I not to reset the rates). For empires, I have nothing that convenient. i must halve my rates in empires to keep my ping under 1000. 2500 is my max, and I still have a ping of 229 and people jump around. Its not great. running a tank is horrible, even though I still pwned many people the past 2 days, its very frustrating. The comm, is impossible, comm view is now a dream to be able to properly run.

This is a result of one of the safest firewalls around, that also happens to be the most strict and unyeilding. Pacific Net is, in almost every way, invisible to the outside world. No ports respond to say that they are actually recieving, let alone accepting, packets. From the inside, sending of packets along any port or for any other purpose other than html, is functionally limited to a combined net bandwidth of around 15kb/s. This means for steam, css, aim, and xfire, I get 15kb/s between them (sucks huh?). I dont have the luxury of ever being in vent and a hl2 mod at the same time, and I dont have the ability to comm in empires.