I wish people would stop dissing the training server.

Discussion in 'General' started by Inside, Jul 30, 2008.

1. recon

recon SM Support Dev

If we know (e.g. we saw it) someone greifed, we take preventative measures to keep them from greifing on our server. It's pretty much the same as preventative maintenance on your car.

2. kill3rtomato

kill3rtomato Member

Sadly, "Veterans Only" is a noob magnet. They probably think "hey, maybe they can help me learn" or better yet they don't even read the name of the server and just base it all on number of people on the server.

It's even more annoying when the noob is like "OMG I NUT NUB HOW U MAEK TANK GUYZ"

3. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

I hate it when noobs build my epic wall staircases all the way up because there's a reason to them.

4. Empty

Empty Member

You do know it's just vets being dicks who join, they come on as an emp_Recruit and grief because they can, among those griefing I'm sure there are some generally respectable empires vets.

5. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

The first time I saw emp_recruit on the forums I thought instasmurf.

6. Etova Kala

Etova Kala Member

I find (or found, I really don't go there anymore) it amusing to see vets (or people who I assumed to be vets) in the training server complaining about new players. Umm... where should they go play if you don't want them to play in the training server (which is, believe it or not, probably meant for training)?

7. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Empty, I'm not sure why I would have you banned, I remember you being a good player actually. I have a vague recollection of only once ever taking actions I saw in another server to the training server, and if it was you, I recall it being a pretty blatant, fucked up comm grief and it was horrible (and yes I WAS THERE). If you are actually still banned, apply for an unban on the forums because I don't remember details and I'd assume you would think twice before doing it again.

thats unfortunate. Today I was commanding BE on streets of fire. I got a forward barracks up in C2, crippled NF, and this is 3 minutes into the game. I look at the teams, everyone in spec is a skilled player being a complete wuss, and the teams are unbalanced, 7 to 12. I yell at them to join NF and fix the stack, to which they reply "after you won the game for BE already?". I said "fine", ditched my comm vehicle in the center near infantry, and joined NF.

Long story short, I hop in NF comm, build a barracks next to a forward engineer in park, order everyone to spawn there, swarm their new comm (Recon btw) and win.

I switched to fix a stack when I was comm and had already taken the map for my first team. Why don't you stop bitching, and realize that EVERY. SINGLE. GOOD. GAME. on ANY SERVER, has been about balance of skill. Suck up your pride and thoughts of special status, and join the game for the fight, not the skill stacked win in 3 minutes. Regardless, we definitely don't actually ever intend to switch commanders on any map ^_^.

I agree. exploiting turrets or something common is, and never should be a permanently bannable offense. Nor is foul language in my opinion (and negative attitude even less worthy). We have different tools for that. Repeated turret exploiting / exploiting probably will land you a day long or couple day ban if you piss someone off. We have sm_silence and gag and all sorts of goodies for people who are just plain annoying / negative.

GRIEFING, is something intolerable, as it ruins the fun of the entire team because YOU got bored of the game and don't care about its purpose. The purpose of this game is teamwork to the goal of winning [don't forget to balance teams, no allegiance should be too great to make a fair game, which turn into awesome games. And no bitching about you being there first either, see my response to Emp Recruit above]. For the same reason I kick people that do not know anything, and regardless of repeated prompts by username via voice and text (as well as the SMG butt to the face), they do not respond. They are not there for the cohesion of the team and learning tactics that involve teamwork, which is what the training server exists for, and neither are comm griefers, or any other form of griefer. They probably get the only permabans on the server.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2008
  8. Empty

Empty Member

Cpatton, me and recon have come to the agreement to put your incident behind us. I'm not going to keep bitching about it, and I don't want you guys to keep defending yourselves, AFAIK nobody griefed and nobody started a banvote, kapiche?

9. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

hey, whatever, you don't care, I don't care ^_^. You are a great player in my book.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  10. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Let everyone play on the training server, its a brand name now. Help those who want help, today Buttery Lobster I saw was helping out newbs very well to the game, but I told some asshole who decided to call everything gay that someone was trying to help them out to the game, so they should take it gratefully.

11. Empty

Empty Member

The training server tought a LOT yesterday, 3 matches in a row won by commrushing or ninemines.

Highly educational.

emp_recruit: So I just hit this button to place a turret and then I start to build it?
    Helpful Random: Yeah, totally, now if you follow me I'll show you how to make a vehicle

YOU HAVE BEEN DEFEATED

12. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

what's the fun in comm rushing or ninjaing anyway?

13. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Laughing at the other team for failing

14. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

You guys are lame.. Yeah its real fun having new people load a new map every 2 mins not knowing why the fuck they lost... Good way to keep them interested in this mod huh?

Join a clan and play against people who know whats going on instead of stacking pixelized and cpattons teams against noobs...

15. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

hey, I switch teams, even if I'm commanding, if teams seem unbalanced in either skill or numbers.

I try to always join the team with noobs and balance the stack, not autoassign like some idiots.

And yea, all you regs and piss off and stack the other team, get the hell off my team ^_^

16. Empty

Empty Member

Actually it was a random EPIC and Communism that I saw.

17. Whiskey Mike Delta

Whiskey Mike Delta Member

You probably shouldn't switch when you're in the CV, because the team isn't very fast to replace the comm and the new comm might not know your research etc. and could ruin the game.

18. recon

recon SM Support Dev

I have to agree with that...

19. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Ive never seen any game not stacked on the training server.

20. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

In the past week yeah.. But not never.