i can fly!!!!

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by moab, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

No, seriously! Having to go through the extra step, having to be prepared, actually takes thought and preparation. It'd SUCK if you went airborne and realized "OMFGFGFG I forgotz mi parashoots!", but only noobs and retards would do that. The smart people (in clan matches, for example) would have massive paradrops of DOOM! on the enemy base, and could then proceed to use the dropship like some kind of high-speed doom-APC. I can also imagine low-ticket clan matches where APCs and dropships become highly important, as does the doctrine of "Leave no man behind."

Whoa, went off on a tangent there. I dunno about the smoke thing, IMO it just announces location to the enemy. It offers minimal cover at best, as you'd have to leave the smoke-naded area at some point, and you'd be screwed while in it because you can't SEE anything in smoke.

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

ATTENTIONS!!!
    LEAKED EMPIRES V1.1 SCREENSHOT!!!

[​IMG]

:D

3. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

That pic of operation overlord makes me want to play CoH.

I still think one of my best gaming experiences was in BF2, me and my squad were in a blackhawk, and we flew befind enemy lines, 3 of us parashooted down and secured the flag, then the rest of the squad landed in the helo, and we captured the point, then we all got back into the helo and flew to the next flag. We did this three times before a sniper shot me and my body fell out of the helo.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

haha, i laughed.

has anyone ever thought of a 0 ticket clan match? every class would be given the revive ability. as the clans can talk over microphone, they would be able to organise people to get to their fallen comrades. could be really interesting.

5. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

Zero ticket wouldn't necessarily be fair. What happens if your body gets arty'd and flies up onto some unreachable position? Have it be a low-ticket match, say ten or twenty, so you have to preserve, but aren't totally screwed if someone's body gets messed up.

6. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I presume that the game will be over before arty.

7. HungryGuy

HungryGuy Member

Make it so pple can only jump when the pilot turnes on the green light,(holds down g or something) and only when the dropship is going below a sertane speed.

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

I wouldn't be so sure, sandbag. Good clans could go head-to-head for a long time.

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

but with 0 tickets? I mean, it would have to be a small map like crossroads for a start, but i don't know if they would actually last 6 - 10 minutes or so for arty.