HOWTO on dutch society

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blizzerd, Jun 19, 2011.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

2. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

True story. Capsones trut!

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Do the Dutch and the French have like conflicts in Belgium? like do either one of the sides want to split off and be their own country or something or fly their own flags? Cause Dutch vs French gang wars sound pretty damn sweet.

5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

its not that simple, and no-one would not be able to explain it in a few minutes

6. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Both sides want more power, money, and territory. So now they're debating how to tax us more and make us work more because while they're bitching about that to each other, they aren't running the country like they should be.

The current temporary government is basically a dictatorship; we didn't vote for this one (unless you count the 2007 elections, which failed spectacularly), they can't be removed since they're technically already resigning, and some politicians have suggested giving more power to the temporary government while they continue to bitch at each other about trivial matters.

Seriously, removing them all would make things better for us, as opposed to collapsing the entire country, since the country is already in ruins in the political sense.

7. Silk

Silk Mapper

He's pretty spot on actually.

The problem is purely political btw. Before all of this media shit we got along just fine.

8. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Can I hijack this thread ever so slightly and ask what Euro countries think about Britain having to pay for Greece fucking up and possibly dragging down the Euro, when we specifically didn't go into the Euro for that reason? Not saying I agree or disagree, I'm just wondering what the standpoint of other countries are. We don't have any Swissfags here either, who also still have their own currency. It's just that this situation is all over the media here, but I don't really know if it's considered a huge deal elsewhere.

9. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

The media in Belgium is more focused on the pension system right now, herman van rompuy, that european president, stated today that the age that pension should be at in Belgium has to be raised again, to 67.

You have to work for 45 years to get the full pension. If you work less, you get punished and get less (this is literally what they said), if you work more you're rewarded with more. It makes sense, but the way it was worded is rather offensive.

This also means that if you go to college or a university, you'll have to work until you're 70 or older, which sucks, especially considering that all those politicians are getting paid for doing nothing useful, and they are guaranteed to have a good pension, even if they retire early, but as long as they're getting paid more, they'll just keep going on with doing nothing useful, draining the state's money reserves and contributing to the economical crisis.

And in case you didn't hear, Belgium is now setting the world record for longest government formation, it's over a year now.

10. Silk

Silk Mapper

We're not making a big deal out of this no.
    Don't get me wrong, it's mentioned on the news and in news papers from time to time, but it's just that: news; only summing up some facts, almost purely objective and informative.

11. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

the question is, why did you join the EU in the first place?
    you cant have the cake and eat it too ...

anyway, i agree that it is complete bullshit that we bailout banks now because they would be "too big to fail". its not my fault that they did give money to someone that cannot pay it back. this is capitalist redistribution at its finest ...

Last edited: Jun 21, 2011
  12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

The Brits were smart when they kept the queens coin. According to the news here the GFC is actually a big deal in other countries. Our unemployment rate has never risen above 5%. Australia has no crisis because we gave back all our taxes to the citizens. Obama copied this but fucked it up so badly Americas debt is insane.

Is this actually a problem in other countries or are our media outlets hyping shit up?

13. flasche

its an economical war fought with rating agencies, you just aint no target atm ...

14. flasche

they should just let the banks go bankrupt. europe is a big enough economy, it just wont fail. we just need to make sure to not blame anyone but our own greed for this or we will have the 1930's back.

right after ww2 there was the fear that germany will never get back on its feet - its a major global player now.

15. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

It is a big topic in Austria as well and you can believe me, that the anti-EU-sentiment in Austria is on an all-time-high. AFAIK GB isn't going to pay for the second money package to Greece, or has that changed?

The British shouldn't have to pay, the Austrians shouldn't have to pay and no one else should have to waste an enormous amount of money just to achieve the impossible, avoiding a Greece default. Banks are private companies that made much money from interest rate of high risk states. Now they make losses and the taxpayer has to help out? I don't think so. Contrary to the statements made of corrupt politicians, the european banking system would NOT break down even if Greece, Irland and Portugal would all default.

I could write a lot of things about how economically wrong it was that they let Greece join the eurozone at first or how i envy Switzerland and Norway for not being in the EU, but unfortunately i have no time, because university is killing me atm.

16. RappemongO

RappemongO Member

Son. I am dissapoint. I thought not being able to tell Switzerland / Sweden apart was an American thing.

[​IMG]

Dark blue = Eurofags
    Lighter blue= Own currency

Last thing I heard about it was that some 300 million of our pension funds are invested in Greece. Smart move, that.

17. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

greece should be annexed, and any country who helps pay the depts gets a piece of land

thats how they used to do it, thats how they do it with your property if you fuck up on bank

18. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

Support

19. flasche

and if belgium fucks up blizzerd? should it be annexed by germany then? thatd leave some sour taste ...
    how is it the ppls fault, they usualy dont even get whats going on till its too late and they have to pay for another company :\

20. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

yes, yes it should

the people are not really harmed by an annexation, the government is harmed