How to play: Assault.

Discussion in 'General' started by CRITAWAKETS, Aug 29, 2015.

1. CRITAWAKETS

CRITAWAKETS Member

Welcome anybody wanting to play assault in empiremod! If you got in the wrong tutorial. Empiresmod is a First Person Shooter or FPS and a Real-Time Strategy or RTS. You play as two teams:Northern Faction and Brenodi Empire.

For new people to empiresmod,Do NOT play assault. This is Tier 3 in skill level.

Tiers:
    0:Whats a empires.
    1:|m new!
    2:Alright i got this.
    3:|ts time to play correctly.
    4:Strategies are fun,right?
    4-5:Commander.
    5:Pub Wrecker
    6:PUG Elite
    6-7:Elite commander.
    7:Scrim professional.
    8:Scrim commander.
    9:People are begging you to be in their scrim.
    10:Best player.

Assault is a class made for different purposes. It has the most uses yet its not used much unless as a joke.

But there exists assault players,mostly people using the sniper but theres some that do use assault skills other than sniping.

First off you must renember that assault is not important and the other classes might do the job better,especially if the team is helping you.

The main purpose of assault is to sabotage buildings. Said buildings when sabotaged gives effects to the enemy team or your team.

Barracks:Half HP on spawn for the enemy.
    Vehicle Factory:Half HP on vehicles. It does not do damage to the armor. If the enemy is rolling heavy tanks this is almost useless.
    Radar:|t shows every enemy building and unit in the map.
    Refinery:Half the resources are pumped.
    Armory:Half the ammo/health per crate you can get when you press E.
    Repair station:Half the repair speed.
    Turrets: Disable them!:D (Great for early game when you have no tanks.)

The assault has versitality in his arsenal of skills.

Hide:Makes him hidden when crouching or prone,it takes a time to activate. Time shortened when prone. You are not completly invisible and are easily spotted. Walls make you more invisible when next to them. Turrets cant see you when you are hidden.
    Enhanced sences: Or rather camera for a brain. All units near you get spotted and can be seen on the minimap. Only shows to you.
    Weapon silencer:This is a joke skill to have,you really wont need it. It makes weapons half as loud.
    Radar stealth:No radars can spot you in a car. Getting out will make the car spottable.
    Vehicle speed:Go 50% faster. This applies on jeeps. Jeeps had the ability to get 3phase before. Yeah.

His weapons are... lacking.

The assault has a primary of

NF Assault

SMG2,SMG3,Shotgun,Scoped rifle.

The smg2 is good for close quarters while the smg3 is a bad mix between the sniper and the SMG2,they are both better. Even in the other s'situation.

BE Assault

SMG2,Shotgun,Scoped rifle.

BE does not have the red headed step child in the arsenal. Thats about it.

Secondarys!

NF Assault

Standard Pistol,Shot pistol.

I recommend if you use the sniper to use the shot pistol and for the other weapons to use a standard pistol.

BE Assault

9mm,Tundra,Machine pistol

Say no to machine pistol and use the tundra at all times. Its just the best pistol in the game with no downsides that are bad.

Grenades.

Believe it or not the assault has the best grenades.

Sticky stun,concussion and the smoke. The sticky stun does not launch far. Its made to stun a vehicle to make it stop moving or using its weapon or both! Its incredibly useful for stopping the CV.

Concussion:|ts a flashbang that can disable turrets,gives you time to sabotage them.

Smoke:|ts not worthy of use. It will just block you and your teammates from attacking the enemy team. Great for trolls.

And this wraps up an overview of the assault.

2. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Tier 3 is time to play correctly, but assault is in tier 3?

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Good effort, but this doesn't explain how to play the class at all.

Also those typos arrrgh

4. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Say whaaaat? Did we finally add all those abilities in? I don't remember it having any effect on a refinery, armory, repair station, and...not really sure about the radar. I thought that had been difficult to code.

That's really cool if it has...

5. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

ITs not half ammo/health per crate, its twice the cooldown on how often you can use them.
    It does affect armor.
    It shows stuff within its range.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  6. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

how to play scout early game get jeep run around enemy rax while sapping it and kill everyone inside.

or get in a jeep with a engi go around killing refs and maybe the odd buidling.

or run into there main kill as many people as possible and try and sap buildings normaly the vf.

or ram raid there radar with a engi and take the radar down nice and quick.

NOT sneaking around with hide like a little bitch sapping shit that takes forever.

or sitting a mile away with a scout rifle

also did i mention scout has 35% bullet resist thus scout is ment to be used as a close range class

also is very good for stickying tanks late game a stationary tank is a dead tank

Pretty much scout is ment to create as much hassle for the enemy team as possible

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  7. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Vehicle speed is a 25% increase, not 50%. I swear it also increases horsepower a bit, probably to help some engines reach their max speed because it's possible to have a high max speed but not enough horsepower to reach it do the way physics work.

I never knew about refs, armory, repair pads, and radar, I didn't think it did anything beyond lowering the health in half.

Assault/scout doesn't have concussions or smokes.

Hide hides you from cameras too.

What scar said about bullet resist is a bit off, that's the resist for vehicle mgs. They do have a 20% resist against infantry bullets though, so it's still meant to be used close quarters against infantry.

8. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

"It's time to play correctly" should be level 8.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

You write a pretty convincing haiku

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Pfft who wants to play correctly? That's for scrubs who haven't learned the joys goofing off and getting things done.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

I'd be really interested in finding out when this got implemented if anyone knows.

If someone says that it's always been the case, I'm not really going to believe them unless they've been here for always :p

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

source: wiki

does that qualify as "somewhat always" at least? ^^

13. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I had fun trolling people while killing them.

14. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Not gonna lie, I got owned :p