Hostility from oldbies = running out of targets

Discussion in 'General' started by Stromko, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Heh. It's always fun to kick someones ass as Emp_Recruit, even more so if the player is loudmouthed. :p

2. arklansman

arklansman Member

So you're the stacker! :mad:
    Autoassign is b0rked.

3. Simon

Simon Banned

That is because BSID tested it. It auto stacks and clanstacks.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  4. decemberscalm

decemberscalm Member

Think the ability to have a server mod that will let you edit things like, tank restrictions or speed settings and somehow make a fun little side game out of it like WC3 mod for CS would let some people vent some steam off of bad empires match and my really long run on sentences? Mmm, bad use of the english language, I should work for Moddb.

5. Stromko

Stromko Member

Even glossing over that this thread started with my whining semi-rant (and I'm sure my run-on sentences were worse than yours decemberscalm), I'd say it became a very very good thread. I'd really gotten too wrapped up in the game last night and let myself become very upset over the ban, but even as a lot of soul-searching helped me move past it, this thread's gotten me over it even more. I see there's really a lot of great folks who know the true meaning of 'gg' here.

I've got about two weeks of Math 090 homework to drill into my head or I'd be playing Empires right now, but after reading this thread I know sooner or later I'll be back. This mod really gets a good caliber of players and people.

6. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Cold ones on me :p

7. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i remember, awhile back, i changed my name to Emp_AMMOEZ and kept asking people "how to get ammoez?"
    some guy followed me on voice chat, and laid down a box of ammo. i jumped on top of it a few times, then i shot it, all the time he was yelling at me. holy crap, funniest thing in teh world.

8. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

How To Get Ammoz?

9. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

hahaha, genius! :D

the funniest thing I've seen recently is when an Emp_Recruit jumps in the CV and drives it about, with litterally the whole team chasing it and yelling at him to get out. It's such a classic!

here's an idea: what if you can't enter the CV until you change your name? yeah, it will stop you going Emp_Recruit :(. but it would solve a fair few games.

10. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

I never did get auto-assign to stack me when testing. You're all just making it up.

11. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

You can't stack yourself, you need more people.

12. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

First off, I want to say ditto of what the other forum members said; don't let this single experience ward you from Empires! When I first played Dystopia, I said "How do you hack" and got yelled at, but it's expected in every game.

However...

I agree with you in getting a good game started, people in a clan need to practice (against other people), and practice means = winning, so even though you lost really fast doesn't mean the clanners are mean :/

Well, usually servers will have specific rules in the MOTD (the window that pops-up when you play), and technically by cliking ok to that window you agree to the server rules; check the MOTD for the actual agreement. Even if you don't like someone or a group of persons, you shouldn't teamstack, and I'm sure if you pleaded your case on the forums of the server you were playing you could easily get un-banned.

BTW, it should be easy to tell what server you were playing on, just try all the servers and see which one you're banned from :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  13. Niarbeht

Niarbeht Member

One thing I love about Empires is that you can actually join all the servers.

14. Stromko

Stromko Member

It's true that the aim in a tournament or a grudge-match or whatever is winning, but I think challenge = practice. Winning by the same cheap tactics over and over and over again (I was told that the clanner team had done it repeatedly) will only dull their skills, and be especially useless if the rules of a "real" match that actually counts would outlaw such tactics. That they're sabotaging themselves in the longterm is no succor to their punching bags, the opposing team (both teams actually) that see a one-sided and abortive game due to cheese tactics; it's a waste of time for everyone.

That said, I was actually pretty dumb for doing what I did. Thing is there was only 5 people on the server total at that point, ONE of them was a member of the team that had just won using 'cheesy' tactics and that was the team I got autoassigned to; that I acted pissed to be paired with him and switched to the other team made no sense because the other team would've logically had multiple members of the 'cheesy' victors. Really if I didn't want to be on the team of anyone who'd won through tactics I felt were unfair, I should've just left the server to start with.

I did get too involved and too overwhelmingly pissed-off to do the right thing, on the other hand if they'd given me another few seconds I would've realized that I might as well have gone back to the smaller team and the stacking would've been rectified.

The situation was just pretty stupid all around, but whatever, bad games just happen sometimes and nobody should let it get to them.

15. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I honeslty don't think that it does stack. Infact, i can recall only once when it has stacked me, and that was in 1.06.

I do check the teams once I've auto assigned, and it generally gives me to the underdogs.

16. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

OH MAN, agree with you on that one. There's a reason I dispise arty- and turret whoring. :p

17. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

Me too... I only use turrets, if they are (And spamming them like there is no tomorrow) or arty... I dont like killing stuff from afar, I like to see the persons face before one of us dies :D

18. DonMegel

DonMegel Member

and what do you think should be done to limit the arty problems?

19. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

1.08 is going to fix all of these problems, turretlimit and arty nerfage ftw.

20. arklansman

arklansman Member

I bet he's talking about Bob the Builder, and his super ninja skills. :D