Honest feedback of current state of Empires v2.80 from a frequent player

Discussion in 'General' started by JustGoFly, Jul 27, 2016.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

and who is going to research that when you can have nukes instead?
    "oh look this cool bio grenade"
    "booom"
    GG

2. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

Yeah vehicle and infantry research have to be something separate, like being able to have 2 researches going at once. I think this is how it worked in natural selection.

3. McGyver

McGyver Experimental Pedagogue

Chris Roberts about how to handle internet feedback, every developer here should spend three minutes and watch this:
    starts at 5:40

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

nah thats shitty advice

5. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

I think most agree, but I would like to make Squad play more interesting and have the squad leader in charge of research for that squad. Each squad could focus on whatever they decide will benefit them. Putting that on the commander will make individual squads mad, but putting it on a squad leader will enable vet leaders to shine.

6. Donald Trump

Donald Trump Member

Not a bad idea, however I think there should be a new class to take place of the scout called "officer". Could make the squads more useful, giving them a leader that can issue specific orders that show up in a different text so people know it is their leader. On top of this, the squad leader role could have binoculars to pinpoint where enemies are and to call in arty via the binocs, restrict his squad to allow a certain build, and assign roles to people so they know what they should be doing.

7. Caelo

Caelo Member

Giving the commander the option to only hear squad leaders and see squad text might help as well. (Or make it really stand out over the others)

8. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Trump - It might be good to have an officer, but when I play squad leader, depending on the map and class I'm pushing I will share it with other vet players. Many times during squad play Destroyer would pass along the squad lead, although he was considered the officer of the squad and we'd pass it back after using it. Just looking for more depth to make it more interesting for other players, and not always pile on the commanders plate.