Hi, I'm Pandora

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by D.D.D. Destroyer, Dec 30, 2015.

1. complete_

complete_ lamer

yeahhh how about we not add a link at the top right to a site completely unrelated to empires.

feel free to pay for it though

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  2. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

Tbh, these forums feel thoroughly unsafe now. This dude has done real harm in real ways to real people. Don't you get it?

In my mind there's also no guarantee that the next build of Empires won't be virus laden either.

This dude harassed Krenzo. Remember him? The guy we basically owe a decade or more of fun times to? The guy who basically owns the game? Why would he get unbanned?

Ignorance is no excuse when you bring the guy with the smoking gun back into the building. It's as plain as day that everyone else is going to flee - and you're basically an accomplice from then on.

If this wasn't done on purpose...you're literally the most misguided and daft person in this community. Which I severely doubt. Considering the first time I heard the new dev's name was in reference to a good one leaving, I can only say that this is about on trend for expectation.

I pray that I am wrong.

w00kie and Neoony like this.
  3. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

Blackhole used to be a dumping ground for random shit that didn't fit with off topic. It was random silly nonsense that we vaguely moderated. It was where you'd have a laugh and a bit of banter over stupid shit. We didn't all get along all the time and I certainly hold myself accountable for that but we all had fun in game and in the forums.

I feel uncomfortable commenting on the current state affairs considering I'm not a part of the community anymore and haven't even played the game in years but I find myself invariably and continuously involved due to some stupid crap that happened a decade ago. The only thing I would like to say, if I am not overstepping my bounds here is that Empires is a video game. That is all it is. A toy you pick up and play to have fun and put away when it stops being fun. Gaming is a hobby we all participate in because it brings us joy. It brings us entertainment, community. It brings friends together and ferments new friendship. That is what gaming's singular purpose should be for everyone. All this drama should never be allowed to be a part because when something stops being fun... What's the point? If you are no longer having fun with the game, you're just wasting time. You ruin it all for yourself.

So far all the weight my word is worth, if you want this community to have any chance... Stop the bullshit.

4. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Dee I am not sure who your post is aimed at or if you even know the recent events, but many are still active who were around back in the day when there was the off topic section blackhole and most if not all of us know what it was and why it was removed.

5. =PVCS) Cpatton

=PVCS) Cpatton Member

Hi again.

Look I already left but people have been bothering me to come back and look again, and so I will make one post and try to stay on point.

Catface: please try really hard to understand the point, and this post is mostly for you, out of respect. This whole incident has nothing to do with if you are a good dev, or can lead a team in making a great game come back, shtap. This also has nothing to do with you being in shadows except having Teef constantly tell you your updates are shit :P.

Many people have had extensive 1st hand experiences with Mr Die that were much worse than the small slice that was this week in Emp. This includes Krenzo, myself, and Trickster, just to name a few. The copypasta of Trickster's extremely negative experience of trying to accept / appease Mr. DIE is so typical and repetitive over the course of the mod that he might as well be classified as a one man locust.

To put this in terms that you can relate to: let us assume for the moment that anything negative that Guns and Whamo was ever accused of is TRUE and 100% intentional and malicious. It is still orders of magnitude less alarming than the personal experience I have had with Mr. DIE, or what I've watched him do in real time (except everything was out of game, which is so much worse).

Lol, now this is being repeated. Like a Disney trope IRL - new blood comes in, completely ignores any tribal knowledge about long ago sealed away evil, unsealed it, havoc ensues. There is a long line of people who have tried hard to work things out with Mr. DIE, and he has simply hurt people, broken promises, stirred drama, and lied for a decade. For this, you aren't really any worse than anyone else, except you had all of us to turn to for this lesson that was already very sorely learned, and you did not.

Mr. DIE has a complete parallel universe he lives in: anything he has said someone said, thought, felt, or organized, is almost always patently false. You banned a contributing, playing, active forum member for some of this - Guns and Whamo. For Mr. DIE - who has done the same for nearly a decade pretty much nonstop, who has brought hackers down on this community for extended periods of time, who has done some pretty shitty stalker stuff IRL, of which guns just threatened to do, and who has contacted member after member inappropriately - this man you unbanned and attempted to appease. Please understand the absolute seriousness with which I say: you have done the equivalent of negotiating with a terrorist... quite possibly the only fucking terrorist this community has ever had.

I have no idea how you are as a dev, I hope you continue your current level of contribution (whatever that is) to the game, or even increase it.

I do know that you absolutely ARE NOT at all suited for community management, and what has happened here has been the absolute. Worst. Thing. Ever. For the community. People remember what he has done, they remember how the political talk never stops, ithe is never contained, and for nearly a decade he has continued to obliquely attack / communicate with all the people who have tried way too much to have nothing to do with him. This is why for some, this is absolutely not an over reaction, because we have actually listened to the community experience with Mr. DIE. We know what simply giving a forum to his bullshit has led to.

I honestly thought, from what I was reading, that the Off Topic was becoming the blackhole, Mr. DIE would be president here, and he was already spewing his full on bs, and you were 100% along with that. Which, btw, more or less is an exact mirror of what Krenzo tried to do and then Mr. DIE just asked for more more more, and hearing it all again this past week I have zero reason to believe this time would be different, his words are just as full of lies already. Honestly the fact that this event even happened as it did is so typical of the wake of Mr. DIE I would hardly be surprised if this wasn't pretty much what he wanted in the first place.

I don't care much about the game right now. I very much care about the community and continue to, and in respect to this community, nothing will even begin to heal until you reinstate a policy of absolutely no communication with Mr. DIE.

Thanks for reading, good luck to you all. Good bye.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
    Ranger, ImSpartacus and Neoony like this.
  6. complete_

complete_ lamer

first they came for guns, and i did not speak up for i was not a bad player (actually i kinda spoke up)
    how come we grant mrdie's requests and not hobbes

Neoony likes this.
  7. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

what guns did and what he threatened to do, deserved a permaban. Being an active player does not give anyone carte blanche to falsely accuse a person of something despicable and threaten to use those lies to hurt them.

Guns has his own reality based on nothing real.

8. ^Dee^

Just a bit of musing. Y'all so dramatic here these days.

Deiform and w00kie like this.
  9. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

So if the blackhole and users have moved to eRegime, doesn't this make everything that has happened in the last 3 days meaningless? Is it all over now? What was the accomplishment, that the lead developer recognize the blackhole and then it's done, the blackhole goes to an unrelated forum where they play political games and 10 years of who knows what is rendered meaningless.

I mean that's the conciliation right? There's a link from this forum to mrdie's forum (which points to the wrong place anyway) and the lead dev pays for the hosting of his forum.

Not that I care, if I or others don't get harrassed by Mrdie then I'm fine, Catface can have fun using his cash to pay reparations server hosting. In the meantime we can all play some 1789 France on eRegime eh lads.

Because hobbes has been """"perma""""banned a trillion times already, it wouldn't mean anything.

10. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Dee are you aware of what the main issue is and the severity of it? and How your name is part of an obsession by the individual the community is wanting to keep banned from these forums?

Because its strikes me odd you of all people would call us dramatic given the circumstances unless you are unaware of what transpired after you left empires.

11. ^Dee^

I was there.

12. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

13. ^Dee^

He did not leave me alone after I left either.

14. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

Same for some others on here and the reason this all came about recently is someone unbanned him after 10 tens years, just a few days ago, and it got the community up in arms.

15. ^Dee^

That is accurate. MrDie aside, there seems to be a noticeable degree of tension unrelated to MrDie's unbanning.

16. Neoony

Neoony Member

Whos not having fun with the game?

I understand that you dont care about it, Dee.
    The whole point of the drama is, because IT IS being allowed.

You would probably not even be here if Catface didnt unban Mrdie.

17. ^Dee^

Not entirely accurate but it is true that if it were not for folks in the chat noticing I was online, I would never have been directed to the news.

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

not really, ofc its empires and there's always some sort of drama but this was all about the unbanning and those here affected by him don't seem to find it to be bullshit.

19. ^Dee^

If that is what the empires community is to you then so be it.

20. -=]Kane[=-

-=]Kane[=- Member

Game forums should not be affiliated with a forum run by a nutcase that goes after players, you killed the mod already, don't make potential new players click on this eRegime bullshit. AND DON'T FUCKING TRY TO CENSOR YOUR MESS UP, IT REEKS, fucking wannabe psychologists ... ppl get payed for this for a reason, you don't, we don't, just stop it.

ImSpartacus, Neoony and w00kie like this.