Good Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by knighttemplar, Jul 27, 2006.

1. knighttemplar

knighttemplar Member

I was browsing my CS Source clan forum today and came across one of the members giving a pretty decent preview and recommendations to Empires. This is the experience he related:

Another happy post
    It's a bit of a read, but I wanted to post this to remind the Devs that this game is flat-out amazing and there are people out there who love it more than life itself.

2. [RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu

[RTFM]Major_Tom_CosmicBlu Member

Well, I'm no dev, but when I read that.....fuck, yeah, I play this game too!
    And as I wrote anywhere on this board before: I don't know why the hell I shall pay monthly for a game like WoW, when I can have more fun even for free! (except buying HL2, so I don't understand these guys that doesn't want to buy it - HL2 is, like HL, a garant for having lots of fun with free mods. There is no other game out there having more mods)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2006
  3. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Cool <thumbs up>

4. Jn.

Jn. Member

I agree with this :D

5. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Lol, just wait until Airplanes.
    :: drools into a seisure of pure awesomeness-pwnage ::

6. 2TM

2TM Banned

Drools, Drools are bad mmkay.

7. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

Drooling for airplanes is a good drool :D Until then, I'll have to play War Rock, a free2play BF2 copy. Think the graphics of Gunz: Online, with BF2. Except not as realistic weopons wise.

8. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I miss playing gunz. Their torrent installer thing is horribly slow :(

9. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I used to love the light Katana... but those crazy asian slap shooters were always a pain in the ass... too bad I could kill them with a katana/rifle :D they get really mad, it was quite funny... I think they get carpal tunnels syndrome or something, I know my hands sure hurt after playing gunz...

10. Jn.

Jn. Member

This war rock thing won't send me my damn verification email :( Unless it takes about 8 hours to send one............

11. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Make sure it didn't move the e-mail into a spam folder or something. I've had that happen a lot.

12. Jn.

Jn. Member

Well hotmail shows the amount of e-mails in each folder and I've had the same number of e-mails in each folder for days :( I've checked too, and they're all the same.

13. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

So this War Rock thing is one of those "free if you want your ass constantly kicked by paying players"- kind of thing. :D Perhaps I'll take a peek...

I got this far on the site and I'm sold: http://warrock.net/vehicles_detail.php?w=8

First cute medic girl with a cleavage then A-10 Warthog... this must be heaven. ;)

Edit: For the love of god! I didn't know that it's that hard to make a game where you can change the keyboard layout...

" Remapping Keys

War Rock currently does not support re-mapping of the keyboard. We will be including this feature in a future update to the game." - War Rock FAQ

Edit2: Jn. Login at the site and you can press the resend e-mail button under the verification code thingy. :) I'm currently downloading the client. :p

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  14. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

its like bf2 and counterstrike. I bought myself a m4a1 for 30 days, then started playing different games, got bored pretty fast -.-
    vehicles are cool, rest is utter shit imo

15. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

Yeah, I just played it for a while. Seems like a good game for killing time every now and then. But then again that's why I bought Pirates!... Hmm. Oh well, it's free. :)

16. dizzyone

dizzyone I've been drinking, heavily

yeh definitly a nice game to waste time, im very happy that there is a free2play game like this :)

but atm the things you can buy are pretty boring, basicly youd have to play to be able to lease a proper gun after youve run out of money, and besides that I dont really see a point in getting money, with the starting money you are allowed to pick any gun you want for atleast 30 days.

Ofc it shouldnt be like WoW, but Id like it if I could spend my money on awesome stuff and becoming this awesome splinter cell spec ops badass mother*ucker. It could also use some bushes :<

17. 2TM

2TM Banned

Agh,
    It wont send me the damn verification thing!
    I've been waiting...
    It alloud me to download it but in the game it wont let me play because i never got the validation code to enter it in my account!

18. ^Dee^

I can never find where to put the auth code in =/

19. thaile

thaile Member

You have to login first to see where to enter the code.

20. ^Dee^

tells me I'm not authorised when I try to log in =/