going to school in military gear.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by -MEG- hobbes, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Our school had a CCF (combined cadet force) section, for Army, RAF and Navy. Every Tuesday a good portion of the school would be in their military clothing that they wore for it. The Army would be their camo gear, the RAF/Navy the working clothes, so blue-ish trousers, blue-ish shirt, etc. You didn't have to wear your berret until parade at the end of the school day though, then CCF would run for an hour or so after school had ended. Some of the best things I've ever done were with the RAF CCF.

2. Fricken Hamster

Fricken Hamster Mr. Super Serious

ROTC people wear camo all the time. And its not military gear, its just the uniform.

3. -MEG- hobbes

-MEG- hobbes Member

Absolutely, you are right we have ROTC and I saw them in formation and ROTCing around just today. I'm talking about random non-rotc dudes in their Mideast camo uniform (not gear, you are there correct too). In my stats class ready for it. Is this encouraged or is just random? Just curious

4. Trickster

Oh, I just remembered, you can wear what you want for school in the US. That changes things a bit.

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

We had school uniforms for a year.

Nobody cared about them.

6. Trickster

Most of UK wears uniform. I prefer it.

7. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Why is that trickster?
    I never was the fashion/hipster type, but I'd feel like shit having to wear same shit as everyone else for many years.

8. ImSpartacus

ImSpartacus nerf spec plz

In my rural high school, yes. But not at my urban university.

9. complete_

complete_ lamer

i guess the poor people wouldnt look as poor

10. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

That one was a big reason they enforced this in Poland once (or do they still do that? I don't even know)
    The argument fell flat of its arse when parents had to pay the same amount of money for an uniform as they do for all the books.
    And its not like the kids do not grow up. Have fun buying same shit over and over again.

11. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

It was like 5 years ago, for just a year.

We just had those weird vests and nobody wore them.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Blergh, I hated wearing uniform.

I like wearing shirts and trousers, that comprises about 60% of my wardrobe, the rest being t shirts for wearing under the shirts.

But school uniforms are just so shit, the materials are horrible, the style is non existant, and they're worn so unfashionably that it just makes you look like a tit. Also they're impractical, shirts are formal and MUST ALVAYS BE TUCKED IN AT ALLENZEIT! KEINE SHIRTEN HANGEN OUTEN! MACHT SCHNELL MIT DER BOOTEN LACEN UND DER BELTEN WEAREN!

Seriously uniforms are waaaay to anal. They make you look dumb, are impractical, and apparently are just an excuse to hand out punishments for stupid things. I look infinitely smarter in my own clothes than I ever did in uniform. Hell even my work clothes are better, and that's just a polo shirt and chinos. And those are practical too, and comfy.

Also you don't have to be rich to look good, some of my nicest stuff is out of the charity shop.

13. BloodRaven

BloodRaven Member

[​IMG]

14. LawnNome

LawnNome Member

I remember being asked to turn my slipknot t-shirt inside out and walking by some kid with a Malcolm x t-shirt...:eek:

about the kids wearing gear in school its possible that if they aren't ROTC that they are just wannabe's like the grown ass adults I see with giant antenna's on their crown victoria's still pretending to be the police.

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Only catholic and private schools here in Canada, or at least Ontario, wear uniforms.

16. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Is this the French Canadian school uniform?

[​IMG]

17. Silk

Silk Mapper

Why do they have horns ?

18. Space_Oddity

Space_Oddity The Shitstorm

I used to wear a military uniform to school on Tuesdays, back in the days of CCF (Combined Cadet Force.)

In the sixth form (college) the uniform was simply a suit of your choice with a sixth form, prefect or sports tie. Shit was classy.

19. Trickster

LRGS represent mofo.

20. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

If you take a picture of a demon the horns show in the picture. Same as taking a picture of a ghost. It don't show till you look at the picture.
    I question the need of that silly platform the middle two are standing on and why is the woman in the back of the line and why is it that if the wind is strong enough to blow the flag like that... you don't see it the skirt blowing back?? WHY WHY WHY?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012