Glycen city

Discussion in 'Archive' started by ^Dee^, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

HDR for me looks ok although slightly bright. The snow has some blue in it where ice is in spots so it's not all white. The LDR version is seriously overdone.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  2. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

I love the HDR but it's too stong, it's not even subtle and enjoyable...

I think that the "max level" or HDR that you can experience should be changed, and the rate of adjustment increased.

3. Warfle

Warfle Member

I take this back, I didn't screw up anything with the lighting. Compiling HDR is actually broken for me right now (might not be just me either). It's not compiling vrad the way it should be, and it's ignoring my custom HDR light values. You can still force HDR on, but it's still using the LDR lightmaps and ignoring my custom HDR lightmaps. Everyone is probably getting this same problem, but because you can still force HDR on while using the LDR lightmaps, nobody notices it.

4. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

so basically, we are seeing both lightmaps at once? i guess our only solution is to turn off HDR and only view LDR. but it doesn't look bad as it stands, don't worry.

5. Warfle

Warfle Member

On map load, it defaults to LDR regardless of your video settings. The LDR version is brighter than the HDR version.