Give comms the ability to switch spawnpoints on/off.

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Aquillion, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I noticed, in another thread, that a lot of people were discussing the pros and cons of a comm recycling raxes to prevent people from spawning in places they don't want them.

Well, why not just give the comm an easier way to do it? Give them a button that brings up a map of the game, where they can click on individual spawnpoints to turn them on and off.

No, it can't be used for griefing. A griefer could just recycle all your buildings anyway, or drive into the water or whatever.

Possible refinement: If every spawnpoint is switched 'off', have them all treated as if they are 'on'. This would be helpful for an inattentive comm who accidentally left them off when the only one that was switched on was destroyed... it'd keep the comm from using it to prevent spawns entirely to conserve tickets, although whether that's a pro or a con is up to you.

But that aside, it seems to me like this could be a useful tool for a comm, and it would give them a bit more direct control over both the team and troop movements.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

oh it would be griefable , believe me

The suggestion is good but players are not lemmings you know

3. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Well, it could be used to grief, but no worse than anything the comm has already.

The rate at which tickets drop in your typical game begs to differ. :p

4. Jimather

Jimather Member

let the comm give a preference, so he can switch your default spawn location but you are told about it and can still bring up the spawn map and change if you need to.

He would just have a button in the hud that comes up when the rax is selected, saying make this primary barracks.

5. Dawgas

Dawgas Banned

I think I like this idea.

6. ScardyBob

ScardyBob Member

Anything that gives the comm more control over the teams res/tickets/strategy is good IMO. The comm is quite impotent in his ability to control his teams tickets.

7. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

i agree as long as you throw in the caveat: but players have the last word. in that spirit i agree with jimather, allow the com to set a default spawn but you can still change it from the spawn selection menu.

another benefit is if (typically on skrims i would guess) the com wanted 1 squad in the east rax and everyone else in the west rax he could put west as default and tell the squad to change it.

8. GoodGame

GoodGame Member

I like the OP idea with limits.

It'd be kind of griefable, but if not all the spawnpoints could be turned off, the griefing might not be unbearable. On an objective map like the Tropical_vendetta map, the griefing could be fatal, but on the normal classic maps, it'd be no worse than any other CV griefing.

9. recon

recon SM Support Dev

Agreed.

Griefers can do a lot more than fuck with spawn points. That's why we have ban hammers.