gitgudscrubs (AKA Dark Souls) 420noshield MLG only

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sitka, Aug 7, 2013.

1. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

I lost a humanity point to falling off a cliff twice. Now I feel bad :(

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

"a humanity"?
    As in one stinky piece?

Try loosing 8 when farming.

3. D.D.D. Destroyer

Dude I just walked out of the Asylum. That was, like, a big chunk of what I had.

4. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

I actually forgot that fire kills negated that effect that so I just did that area with 2h uchigatana very carefully trying to chop them from just out of range.

Because my GLORIOUS NIPPON BUSHIDO prevents me from fighting with shields like a filthy GAIJIN.

Hmm, I think I'll start playing again with this in the background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk2n6s4EKS4&list=PL2BA63F44872FF910

Edit: Argh fuck I can't play any more because I keep trying to use darksiders 2 controls.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  5. Z100000M

I still find it hilarious how you can block like 80% of arrow damage by blocking with your sword.

It still makes more sense than parrying an arrowing doing any damage.

Dex seems to start shit, be shit but end up ridiculous. +15 uchi cuts shit into pieces. I dont even have to use resins to kill fucking demons in 3 hits. Holy shit wtf is going on. Any non bleed dex weapon has like +50 to crits so i deal like 1k damage/riposte. Shit is outta control.

Memento. Testing the lifehunt scythe on puny hollows results in much !!fun!!. Testing on ariamis phalax soul farm yielded a conclusive result - it is not a viable farming tool <hurhur> replacement for the normal scythe. Should have read the fucking description. On the other hand, red moss clumps have finally found a use. I bet there is an emo crying somewhere in a corner about how he cannot such a glorious tool for self mutiliation.

Giant Blacksmith is fucking wizard. I dont know what secret techniques he uses, but that parry dagger must have had a real pounding to make it into a greatsword. I have to check its weight. I bet its fucking hollow inside.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  6. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Also pecking people to death with bows.

I do think my dex character is probably my best, though obviously it has drawbacks.

I suppose the benefit is that dex doesn't benefit from two handing very much, which means it tends to be really good when you one hand it. Also dex weapons tend to be either bleedy or critty as you say, so you tend to be able to do very high max damage.

Downside, can't flatten people with overhead zweihander to the face.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  7. Z100000M

Yeah i guess i'd like to use the dragon pimp cane, but it has this drawback of being in the shttiest upgrade category.

8. D.D.D. Destroyer

Can someone explain to me what humanity does and how do you gain it? That guy near the start wasn't very descriptive.

9. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

[​IMG]

10. Z100000M

11. Sitka

Sitka Member

Hard humanity: Item version of humanity.

Soft humanity: The numbers in the circle near your health/stamina. This is what happens when you use a hard humanity (item). When you have one you can reverse hollow to become human. When human you can summon phantoms in places where the boss is still alive. It also heals you when you use them but mostly that isn't worth it.

If you have a Chaos weapon, damage scales with your humanity meter (up to 10).
    Other than that, no other real uses.

12. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

More humanity also increases your item drop rate, though so does the gold dragoncrest ring so there's a far less risky alternative if you want to farm.

13. Z100000M

More humanity also adds alot of poison/toxic/bleed/curse resitance and a little physical def.

Covetous gold serpent ring.

14. D.D.D. Destroyer

So uh, do you often fight things that are big enough to swallow you whole? That dragon that almost landed on me made me scream.

15. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

That's the one, I thought I had it wrong but I couldn't think what else it would be, was thinking 'is there a.. greedy dragoncrest ring? Nah it can't be that.'

Dragoncrest rings are the magic altering ones, I remember now.

16. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Depends what you mean by often, perhaps 'at increasingly regular intervals' would be a more accurate way of putting it.

17. Z100000M

Giant amoeba monsters, treants, mimics.. oh wait, you meant as in big.

Well. The undead dragons, smough, Titanite demons, Black dragon kalameet, Gough if you so desire, giant sentinels, Crossbreed Priscilla, Seath, Gravelord Nito, skeletal Giants, Skeletal giant dogs and so on.

Yeah there is quite a couple.

18. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Dark souls is kind of an old fashioned game in that its premise is more or less, 'you're a dude with a sword, go beat up everyone and steal their crap'.

With 'everyone' being a very inclusive term.

19. D.D.D. Destroyer

Can you sell shit you pick up? My loot whore senses force me to pick everything up.

Also I found this 10 foot tall black knight with a huge sword what the hell is that and how do you kill it.

20. Z100000M

No. Just drop the useless shit. It will clog up your inventory.

Later on if you choose one path you can see uselees junk to an npc, but its for measly ~100 souls each, which will mean shit by that point.

Anything you might want to use goes int othe box.
    Anything else is dropped and forgotten.

lol.
    Its a Black Knight. Sort of a miniboss. Hit it with a sharp or a blunt stick. Also learn to backstab and parry. If you still cant do it, back up to firelink and go down to londo and upgrade your weapon.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013