gitgudscrubs (AKA Dark Souls) 420noshield MLG only

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Sitka, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Sitka

Sitka Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    SCREW DOTA

EDIT:
    ATTENTION: INSTALL DSFIX IF YOU'RE GOING TO PLAY THIS ON PC

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

I killed ornstein and smough on my first try with 0 poise, high int without using spells, and shitty stats to use the claymore.

Get the fuck on my level.

Also, underleveled highly geared asshole darkwrarith detected.

3. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

4. Sitka

Sitka Member

Really the char is only a flan play. Hence the sword. Armor changed up for gankers in pic. I like to play like an NPC or boss type where i repeat attacks and let the first-timers get a feel of how to counter darkwraiths. Also preps them a bit for the complete rectal scarring they're going to get when they set foot in Anor Londo in human form.
    Plus it shows them that there are more moves than just strong and fast attack.

But if i see some ng++ estus-spamming ganksquad i'll bring out the OP dusk+dragonring pyromancy and fuck their shit up like a bitch.

Although i admit to be lazy sometimes and kill some firsttimers with pyro if they sit back with their phantoms and run away even though their bonfire is right there.
    I hope this doesn't make me a terrible person. It probably does sometimes.

First playthrough was sorcery and sword. No poise except maybe when i was using the shadow set. Also at 4kings. Don't remember exactly how that one went. Had to clad up with the lv24 or so build in the pic tho.

5. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

6. CyberKiller

CyberKiller Nyooks!

I couldn't even manage to get out of firelink shrine without dieing...... (even with a walkthrough....)

7. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

If you went downstairs I can understand that being an issue but there are about four enemies between you and the undead burg if you go along the cliff.

8. BigTeef

BigTeef Bootleg Headshot master

I can't find one person who has not made that mistake, I got to level 7 just grinding those fucking skeletons before discovering I had to go the other way.

9. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

Hi there :D. I went straight to undead burg, didn't even realize the other options available. Didn't see the skeletons until I was level 16 or so.

10. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

I went towards the skeletons because I knew it wasn't the way I was supposed to go, which made it more interesting than the proper path.

11. Z100000M

Candles, why is your flask only +2?.

I see noone else picked up on the fact that you can just go to new londo to grab a free +1 right from the beginning.

Also, dex build seems to kind of suck. I nearly broke the uchi fighting sif, dealing 40 damage/ swing. Took like 20 minutes as well.

E:
    Now looking at Candle's post, I kind of wonder how the fuck is someone supposed to win against O'n'S with heavy armor. I dodged the attacks, but its probably not possible with fat roll. And they have lightingning so armor doesnt so shit.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  12. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Is this game like Diablo II meets rogue (so simple-rogue meets rogue)?

13. Sitka

Sitka Member

Candles confirmed for secretly being Chris.

Also, did you upgrade your uchi? It's a really good weapon throughout the entire game but you gotta upgrade it at some point.
    My first, main playthrough was dex/sorcery and it wasn't that hard.

It is possible to beat OnS with fatroll i believe. Roll at the right time and bring a high damage weapon for easy stagger.
    Also plenty of shields that are good against lightning.

Also who really needs that +3 (or +4/5 if you know where to run) before OnS? Most strong attacks will likely one-shot you if you're not careful and Ornstein will fly out of nowhere and stab your face every. single. time you try to estusheal unless you watch him constantly.

14. Z100000M

I had no problem healing during that fight. And +3 helped alot considering how close I came to getting whooped.

Know where to run? Those are the ones belonging to keepers. You pretty much will bump into them anyway. Its jsut a matter if you are dick enugh to kill someone that has to be on life support because it tried to save a whole settlement.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  15. Sitka

Sitka Member

There are plenty of loose firekeeper souls found around the place. At least enough to make +3 before you even get to OnS by what i remember.

Also, if anybody here kills the fair lady i will hunt your dreams forever and invade you every single time you try to cross that last bridge in Sen's, or when you're trying to run away from the buttrape that is the Archives.

16. Z100000M

Archives seemed kind of weird.
    The first time i went there, simple mooks took away more health than o and s.
    They are still just upgraded hollas, but man, fuck that quick shield bash and crystal soul spear arrows. Its not that hard, but damn if you make a single mistake you are fucked. For whatever reason, for me the pisacas just stood there and took all my fire-x and soul-x to the face without ever aggroing. Weird.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  17. Sitka

Sitka Member

It's that crystal stuff + the channelers dancing that buffs them to hell.

The pisacas are actually women obducted by the channelers for Seath's experiments. They only aggro when that weird sound is triggered the first time. I think they also aggro on snakemen and other enemies which is why they run.
    They are pretty much helpless otherwise.
    You monster.

But if you need Humanity there and then, knock yourself out and go on a massacre run.

18. Z100000M

Yeah well being a sorcerer and wanting that keeper soul you kind of need to evict them first.

19. Chris0132'

Chris0132' Developer

Really? I went the other way first, didn't bother with the graveyard or trying to enter new londo until I was higher level. I explored everywhere I could certainly, getting the estoc from outside new londo and saying howdy to ricky down in his cell, but soon as I met resistance I tended to not bother.

Thought it was kinda obvious really, it's odd that they'd put you in a new area and then tell you to go to still another new area so I followed the firelink-looking path first.

Oh and my estus flask is +2 because I keep forgetting to get the fire keeper souls most of the time I play, or I forget to actually use them. I keep missing the one in blighttown even though I know it's there.

Honestly I don't play fatchris as much, I had the most fun with a dex build using the uchikatana (I wish to god I hadn't spent the iaito making the bloody stupid health-eating chaos katana).

Uchi is fucking amazing with some upgrades. Nice moveset and bleed makes it pretty universally good, and all the katanas have a lot more reach than you'd expect. Also maximum glorious nippon ftw. Dex is also nice because you can just carry a bow around and troll enemies with it. Black bow of pharis is pretty excellent with some dex because of its awesome scaling.

I actually made my dex character after finding the shadow armor and the iaito in blighttown, and decided I had to play a game as a ninja. Dark wood grain ring made my day.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  20. Z100000M

I dont think i ever got the bleed to kick in ever.
    You need like what ? 3 strikes for that? Didnt seem to work on sif at all (even though ive read that it does work on bosses, albeit to a lesser degree), and the only guys that dont die before that are barbarians. I prefer to anal probe them instead, its safer that way.

Iato and balder side sword (pretty much a longsword + half a meter) piss me off in that their slashing motions are really prone to hitting walls. I alos got the scythe for kicks, but it's slow as shit. I got screwed out of the pharis bow. The dude decided to take a plunge, but the items didnt spawn as they should.

Also, where the fuck is siegmeyer in Sens? I swear I was everywhere and i cant seem to find the onion.

And special mention goes to everyone not summoning and making me wait 3 hours for no reason. F you all you selfish pricks.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013