Genadier Revamp

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by soundspawn, Jan 31, 2010.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

so how to deal with riflemen then, with a pistol? god you guys are pathetic - only see that you get killed by something, then you immediatly go whine on the forums ... play the fucking class and then talk again ...
    its not like us grens wouldnt be cannon fodder for rilfeman already. the mortar takes AGES to reload, even if you somehow manage to kill the rifleman, the next one gets you ... if the rifle is on his own, he deserves it anyway ...

btw, why does like noone cry about riflemen? right, because its piss easy to point your lazor rifles at enemies and mash your mouse ...

2. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

What about we replace the Mortar with a grenade launcher that fires impact grenades?

Or even better, add it to the grenadier arsenal.

:D

3. flasche

fuck it, im gonna quit empires ...

u fucking nerfed grens to almost being useless anyway, why not just get rid of the gren at all, put everyone as scout in a tank and give them 1hit instakill sniperrifles.

gtfo my mod ...

4. --{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}--

--{[TheÁstroÁr¢hítect]}-- Banned

What the heck? :confused:

5. flasche

its just redicolous to remove everything that makes the gren fun to play ...

first 9mining gets removed, mortar got nerfed over and over, then the armor buff without a RPG so u can keep up ... and now you fucktards argue for removing the mortar - srsly GTFO

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  6. Sandbag

Sandbag Member

nobody is suggesting removing the mortar. it's getting a different skin so it looks different but it'll behave the same.

the RPG is (i think) getting a much needed buff too.

7. flasche

i know that it isnt planned that way ... i just raeg at those guys that actually DID suggest that.
    its those pussy HMG roflewhores. that cant kill shit any other way. and if they get killed by a mortar in their face they go QQ and complain.
    thats how it worked before, i just want to counter it before it gets overhand ...

8. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Every class bunny hops around. It's not a gren thing that people do, and there is a reason jumping takes stamina. How about this a rifleman bunny hopping so another rifleman can't shoot him?! woah holy cow nerf riflemen!

The point is if hes out in the open and you have trouble shooting him with your lazers then stop walking around alone. I have to use the mowtar for indrect fire or else I instantly die.

9. Empty

Empty Member

"Every class bunny hops around. "

When?
    I only see people walking and sprinting, and then seeing an enemy and then rooting themselves to the ground.

10. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

When they are trying to not get shot at point blank range.

11. Ikalx

Ikalx Member

You see the gren bunny hop because he's the only one that doesn't kill in a clip (i.e. 1 mortar) and has a reload time like a bitch. All you have to do is add "Dance, Bitch!" as a voiceover during reloads and it's complete.

I didn't think there was a point in me bothering with this thread tbh, sorry Spawn, but it's just that infantry dynamics will change a lot once either riflemen are nerfed, or every other infantry weapon is buffed...that it's difficult to call at this time.

I just want to play the game when I have a fairly good fighting chance against a rifleman as another class. I don't mind riflemen being buffed, but lasting 5s against even incompetent riflemen is not ON. Cowering behind a wall and trying to build a level 1 MG to save me is not the way I like infantry combat...i'd rather you give the rifleman an actual grenade launcher (with bouncing nades etc) and unbuff. Then you can say he is useful against most things in the field and he wouldn't have to be 2s deadly against other classes.

/rambling rant.

12. Nickierv

Nickierv Member

# of mines to kill a well armored heavy?

As for the armor detection, engineres need to be able to see what is damaged on there own tanks without having to get in them.

13. communism

communism poof

bunnyhopping was a lot more common before they fixed dig in, which promotes not dodging like a noob

14. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

god dammit. please leave defusal alone. it's not overpowered, mines are overpowered and lame. i don't care who has the defusal skill, i just want it to be a hard counter to mines.

15. Empty

Empty Member

Back when bullets went where your gun pointed?
    I forgot, sorry.

@Pickled
    It removes one of the few crappy tools the grenadier has at his disposal completely lategame.
    Even more nerfs for the nerfadier.

16. Sirex

Sirex Member

In the first slot i think you could saftly go with just normal mines and seconday attack to blow them up. This would then make it sort of sathel charge and sort of AP mines, since you can blow the mines up when enemy infantry walk over them, and if you really need to drop all 8 mines next to a building and use secondary attack.

Additionally i think defusual should be moved to scout and not make you totally invounrable to mines, but like soundspawn wrote create a mine jammer field around you that would be the real quality and allow you to defuse them close range, alternativly let defuse be a innherit skill for scouts but the radar jammer field a skill.

But it would be blatently overpowered if mines were the only thing ingame that you need a skill to take down. So i propose that mines should have hp and be destroyable, one mines maybe the health of 2 rpg hits, a riflemen should be able to kill one mine with his start grenades. This would also solve the issue with mine stacking.

And on the mortar grenade launcher i have no problem here. A lot of peopel posting here can't obviously read since Soundspawn that the current mortar would be untouched except for namn and model. But then again it is no suprise that this forums crawls with retards. I really like the new real mortar, i have been lobbing for it since i started plaing this game, a real mortar is exactly what we need to be able to kill folk directly behind walls, also a real use of artillery feedback for infantry since then you could bomb them from out of line of sight.

On the RPG, start with lowring health and armour for tanks and balance them, especially make standard armour not 1337 lightyears worse then anyother amrour, then continue balance the rpg and missile turret. So first hand, nerf tank healt then buff infnatry anti tank means.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  17. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

So the grenadier is nerfed against the grenadier? Good argument.

18. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

spawwn i think your idea is good and should at least be tested. If you listen to these people, nothing will ever get done and nothing will ever change.

Just go with your plan and don't go crazy with new models else we might never see 2.25 :(

Keep mortar though and remove riflemans resistance.

Also dont forget we can have a 2.12 server :D

19. flasche

2.12 server only means 2.12 exploits aswell. 2.25 that plays like 2.12 would be a dream ...

20. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

2.12 for gren battles and fun.
    2.24d aint that bad either. My point is if its that bad we can always come back to an older release server