Gameplay Style Equality

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by NemesisLeon, Apr 15, 2013.

1. NemesisLeon

NemesisLeon Member

Here's Star Void: It's on Steam

And yes, this is about a different game design and not about changing empires. Unless I made an addon to Empires..... no, it's just about a design idea.

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

oh its just an rts you can join midgame :(

3. Sitka

Sitka Member

One of the things i hate absolutely most about some RTS games is when units decide to go do fuck all and get killed just because i'm not babysitting them every bloody second.

On the other hand i cant stand when RTS games provide your units with absolutely no individual logic thinking. You leave a regiment alone for TWO seconds and when you return half of them have been killed by some cheapo artillery unit because they won't move.

But the absolute WORST thing would be them interfering with YOUR business of commanding.

See, Empires solves the first two problems (somewhat), so why in the world would you add an entirely new level of rageworthy moments?

Though, it is rather vague, so i don't exactly know what you mean by these things, but here is an interpretation/further build of the idea:
    Each engineer (or a select few) have access to place down an interfacing console from which they can monitor the area com style (or with deployed cameras or whatever). From here they can drop down shit like ammo boxes, weak walls and lv2 turrets within limited range, but at some penalty like increased cost or taking part of the res from a nearby refinery (maybe force it to be built next to one).
    The whole com thing could be feasible to make mortars actually useful as mortars.
    Maybe even add a medium-range buildable mortar (like a turret) or some shit.

Feel free to insult me harshly for these ideas.

4. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

blah blah blah

also id rather go with an idling peon then some empires players ...

5. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Bad example, an idle worker needs one click and can be forgotten about until the mineral line is attacked. Try a grunt or something.