Gamemode: Anihilation

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Andariel, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Andariel

Andariel Member

Search doesnt gave me anyhing on this.

After all the time i played empires theres one thing bugging me that bugs me now in supcom campaign and that pissed me off in ta most the times. Game end with Commander death(as if supcoms big hewg splosion in your front line wasnt enough). I would like to suggest that there cold be an map or serversided option to allow a game to be finish even with the cv dead(wreck should stay forever just for the fun). Ive seen so many won battles being lost by an clumsy comm or a team jerking off watching the nineminer or by an comm that is happily eliminating the enemys tickets just to be stickystunowned (happened often enough to me, stupid frontlines). There could even be an option that after an set period either a new comm gets spawned or made able to be buyed (for a lot of res).

the obvious winning condition would be destroy all barracks and kill all living enemys instead of killing the cv

and as mentioned it should if at all an server/map option so mapper or server owner can decide how they want the games

Pro: Games that are in the phase of being won wont be stopped because the troops get an immediate morale break and surrender just because the hq got killed. Even with the mentioned con a win comes quite closer when the enemy has no ability to rebuild.

con: no more ninemine instawins, a griefed cv will just make the match into a "go to the enemy and kill them"

2. Empty

Empty Member

It'd be fun for a change once in a while, to have to eliminate the enemy team, but without a CV, you have no research or nothing.

A server Cvar that could be claled midgame would be good, but an actualy gamemode? pass.

3. BumGravy

BumGravy Member

If you wanted to do this in a map you could create a room with no entrances that contains the CV and a barracks, for players to spawn there to enter the CV. That would mean it would be impossible for the enemy to take your Cv out so you could only win by elminating barracks and alive players.

4. Andariel

Andariel Member

the "denial of rebuilding" wouldnt been in there and also the option for an offensive cv is not existant, which are imho 2 basic parts and why i suggested that there could be the possibility to either respawn the cv after a set time or with an appropiate amount of money

with an respawning/rebuyable cv the rebuilding would been possible but the team that took out the cv has a edge for a time in research and production

for example a good greny+engi doing an early game ninja on the cv would allow the own team some time to secure their land in peace while the other team has to defend what they have

5. petemyster

petemyster Member

so what about a scout with hide just chilling under a tree in a massive map? :eek:

6. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Game mode: Counter-Strike: Source RTS Edition with PewPew Tanks

7. Empty

Empty Member

Mine aren't PewPew, starcraft SFX are the sex :D

8. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

I suggested that in another thread.

But actually, this thread's original post seems like a good idea. It would let the CV remain a major target (like the VF in Glycencity), permanently crippling your team if it's destroyed... but it would mean that a ninja wouldn't end the map instantly, and let a team that lost the comm mount a last desperate defense. It also seems like it would be very very easy to implement.

As a map-specific thing, it could be fine.

(Problem: What if one cloaked scout just hides someone on the map? The map won't end until they're dead. Possibly you could make it so the team loses when both their CV and all barracks/APCs are destroyed, though.)

9. arklansman

arklansman Member

You'll just get something like cdr_canyon with this.

And trust me, you don't want that.

10. Private Sandbag

Private Sandbag Member

the horror... the horror...

11. Demented

Demented Member

This seems so familiar.

Yet, aside from the scout hidden under a tree angle, I like it.

12. Andariel

Andariel Member

to avoid this scout hiding forever there could be a simple ticket bleed implented if no spawn/production is possible (or just end game then and ignore kill all living things)

13. Vessboy

Vessboy Member

or... organize a search party!
    It would be fun to all but the dead who might chear there team mate on!

14. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

Wallbox Of Doom

15. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

if the comm is inside a seperate room and he drops, one team would be pretty fcked ...

16. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

It did have ticket bleed, and that didn't work.

17. Lt. Lashley

Lt. Lashley Member

Hmmm... A game that continues when the CV is dead? No CV=No Res nodes=no money for new CV.... or if timer... When the CV is dead the game is lost anyways unless u alredy got 50% of the map and Heavy + Nukes/Rail + Armor since the enemy team will be able to just steamroll over everything with super lights. The Death of the CV will moast likley mean the end of the game (with a little overtime)

18. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

But it would mean that while ninjaing and sneak attack would still exist as strategies (you could drastically and permanently cripple a team with them), they wouldn't be instawin strategies -- a single ninja wouldn't automagically negate everything else that had happened in the game. I think that could be good.

19. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

Except that without the CV, you wouldn't have one of the things that makes Empires stand out, and that's the RTS mode. And don't forget that the other team could still have their CV.

20. Lt. Lashley

Lt. Lashley Member

It would be "instawin" unless you got ½ the map+heavy+nuke/rail since then you will have to spend the next 5 minutes or so without being able do reserch, after 5 min the enemy will have armor+engine+med+he or be ½ wayto heavy w. rail and then ur fucked. You wont loose instantly but it will just mean that you will within 10 minutes