Gain points for inflicted damage

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by SnowDrakE, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Dubee

Dubee Grapehead

Armor detection is great because you can steal kills. If we got assist points for damage I would help the team more.

I think its bull shit that after you shoot a tank a bunch of times he can just drive off and heal up in seconds. Maybe assist points would be a fix. But I also like my idea of not letting an engineer repair his own tank.

2. Sherbie

Sherbie Member

Points for damage are a good idea!

3. Empty

Empty Member

We need better mechanisms for halting people fleeing.

The problem is, by the time one tank wants to flee, both are nearly out of heat bar, so it's pretty hard to catch them.

4. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Permanent hull damage has been suggested and I shall bring it up again as it seems like it could help combat the superiority of Engineer drivers

5. Empty

Empty Member

But a damaged hull doesn't really mean much. You'd still have armor covering it up, and if you mean no repairs whatsoever, there goes engineers as a viable class, and watch the damaged vehicle abandonement go through the roof.

6. Firedrill

Firedrill Member

lol artists should stick to art, theres nothing wrong with the way it works now, if you need points then join a squad and attack something. the objectives to kill the enemy base and refinery not to tank fight for points.

7. Empty

Empty Member

/backhand

I do particles not fancy pictures, I play the game regularly and I know what makes good gameplay and what doesn't. And believe it or not, the art side of a game makes an influence on gameplay, try LT vs AFV.

8. o_O

o_O Member

Kill based damage works fine yet is stupid. Getting points for dealing damage to a tank that just drives away and heals is stupid too. Constantly getting points for shooting something thats being healed is stupid unless a rax is involved.

How about points for damage but only when the target dies. Whichever people dealt the last x damage (where X is its max health) to it get points. It should avoid all 3 stupidities that I listed.

So player A shoots an enemy for 50 damage. Then the enemy is healed by 25 points. Then Player B shoots the enemy for 50 damage, then player C shoots it for 25 damage and kills it. A counts as having dealt 25 damage to it, B counts as 50 damage, C counts as 25 damage and the kill which may or may not be anything.

9. SnowDrakE

SnowDrakE Member

Sooo... what about the engineer that constantly gets points for repairing or healing your target? Is that stupid too?

10. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

engineers need to get more points - its an ignored class already - but its vital for the game. tho i agree that they can easily "exploited" (neutral meaning) to farm points quickly.
    but im also in favor of a damage based point system, tho only with one premise - the top players shouldnt get more points then now ...

but there would be another way - skills could automatically unlock for everyone as soon as a certain amount (like 50%) of total players reached the required level. any level above the unlock should cout aswell.
    if its an equal match it doesnt imbalance it and if one side is dominating only the losing team profits. it would flatten out the effect of the skill difference. you get an (earned) advantage to be first at a certain level, but you cant keep it forever.
    you could introduce this without changeing the way you get points and still everyone would get their skills over time.

and i hope you only ask for this because you want skills and not because your epenis shrunk from not being ontop the scoreboard - because then im against this suggestion ;)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
  11. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

lol wut? I usually top score boards as an engie and I'm virtually useless at everything. So again: What?

Engineers universally get the most points. At everything. The can even be a near match for the rifleman.

As for your claim that it is underused. I have yet to play a game (recently) where most of the people weren't engineer in the beginning

12. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

no i mean they need to get more points then combat classes, not more points than they already get.
    id only lower the "income" from your turret.

yes they play engineer in the beginning.

and finally - its your team winning - not you. drive around an apc with apd. you prolly wont get nearly as much points as the guys you dropped at the rax to take it out, but isnt the success of your actions more rewarding than some number?
    i know when i played good - i dont need to look at a scoreboard.
    sure i would want to get additional skills too. but when its helpful, why not. ive ebuilt hundreds of buildings as gren. not for points (obviously) just because i knew it helps the team.

it would be nice if the skill distribution and the resulting differences would be weakened a bit more. more skills for everyone! ;)

13. Sheepe

Sheepe Member

Oh, okay, I get it.

As for the engie stuff, I'm probably biased as it is the only class I can play well.