Front Line Scouting

Discussion in 'Game Play' started by ScardyBob, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Jäger

Jäger Member

lol that would be fun inceptor. but i wouldnt use a scout or a gren/rifleman/engy i would use my apc tank ( aka. apc with gren on top)

but my mind is still trying to comprehend mayama saying that empires isnt an RTS

wtf is the comm doing then?

2. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

yeah, give andariel a scout rifle and put the other guys at the other side of the map, we'll see who wins :D

3. Inceptor

Inceptor Member

It's your fault if you can't strafe and jump around if you're under fire by a scout.

Empires isn't quite an RTS, it's an FPS with RTS elements jargled in. If empires was RTS then by gawsh it'd be named starcraft.

4. Andariel

Andariel Member

if youve seen any of my better runs the alst days i would presume me, tho i know i suck with hitscan weaponry (descent'er) its probably them

5. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

still, even a few body shots can take you down pretty fast

6. Jäger

Jäger Member

lol its more of a fps and a rts running at the same time. but in the fps your a unit in the rts so really its just an rts that lets more people take part.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

i only use scout to countersnipe enemy scouts (and i dont need any of the skills for that)

works 8 out of 10 times, because most of them suck - then i get back to armory and switch back to engi ... (engi :|ove:)

8. Empty

Empty Member

In theory, this works.
    In practice.
    No.

9. Jäger

Jäger Member

lol empty apc with bio mg can clinch a game early because it can take out early tanks easy and destroys infantry easy too then you put a gren on top and you get a guided missle and mortar with infinant ammo for turrets and buildings and help with tanks as well ( along with a pistol for shooting infantry just because its cool and the ability to lay mines behind the apc as it flees). then you can add regen armour and bio diesel for a tank that can get in quick cause some chaos then pull out quick and doge shots on its way out ( yay bio diesel handling) and regen its armor while its gren can continue to rocket snipe.

anyway back on topic....................................................................

*insert something about scouts here*

10. Empty

Empty Member

How often do you shoot from a vehicle turret?
    It doesn't work, not with normal bulet based wepaonry, and ESPECIALLY not with grens, you shake around WAY too much.

11. Andariel

Andariel Member

accuracy upgrade, also rockets are remoteguided and mortar works accurate enough, mines are drop anyways and if you need a pistol then there is soemthing wrong

i even hsed some from an apc passenger seat with ranged

12. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Bio mg is nice toy but the enemy commander only needs to reserach
    regen armor and your mg is absolut uselsee.
    Oh and grenadiers/rifleman can kill your apc faster than the bio mg kills them.

bio disal is not a engine for quick assault, its (correct me if im wrong) the
    second slowest engine in game.
    Bio engine handles like a snail.

How do you think you can rocketsnipe/mortar stuff on second slot
    if the enemy dodges?
    Its nearly impossible to do that effective and every vet would tell you
    the same i guess.
    If you jump out of the apc you give the enemy 2 targets instead one.

Im looking forward to correct your next posts that only show that
    you dont have any real plan how this game works.

13. Andariel

Andariel Member

biodiesel is good when the game gone nuclear....
    ..and it keeps you mobile

and a apc with an good (scout as) driver is able to outflank most enemys even with biodiesel and a good grenadier is able to lead targets and GUIDE i write it slowly G U I D E the rocket onto the target

seen it done it as both driver and greny, just because i tend to prefer playing the games then discussing what is impossible or what is bad cuz i never really tried it doesnt mean i and i presume mostly others are able for some real nice fucking bullshit

i only agree on biomg vs regen but same applies to bioml vs regen

14. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

i actually never see bioml/Er researched , i blame the univestality of HE

Biodes is only good if its late game and u think enemy can go for nuks , or your dumb enough that you think enemy will get plasma :D

Andariel: shooting tanks as gren from apc is nearly impossible because of this stupid "shaking" thats meant to correct ur position. And what the heck you mean by slowly guiding? It works only against buildings.

I dont think any vet is going to go (mostly) useless scout with speed upg just to get that 20% which doesnt change anything at all.

15. Andariel

Andariel Member

thats why the scout is in () if i ahve a passenger which can hit (yes even with bs shaking) i tend to be grenadier myself for defusal

tho never underestimate a scout apc, it can strike drop some people give cover and distract their heavier vehicles, additional you accelerate quicker too which helps

16. -Mayama-

-Mayama- MANLY MAN BITCH

Bio ml sucks / most useless weapon ingame.

The weight for what you get is to shitty to be usefull

17. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

yeah, bio sucks, but it's great for early rushes, fastest research afaik.
    and, to be honest, EVERYTHING 's beter than the standard stuff

18. Empty

Empty Member

No rat.
    BIOML is fail, it is fail fail fail fail failsalot. It's like as heavy as a nuke, slow to reload, gives very very little bang for your lack of weaponry, and makes a poor support weapon, you are thinking of the BIOMG, which is useful. Given the choice I take standard MLs over bio. Also, standard MLs on an NF heavy work fine.

19. rat-morningstar

rat-morningstar Member

i wasn't speaking about bio ml (to be honest, i've never used it)
    it was kind of a response to everyone saying "bio sucks, 2nd slowet engine etc.",so yeah, it sucks, but it's fast and cheap

20. Jäger

Jäger Member

yea lol idk what it is but people seem to think that when i say its good for EARLY game that means that you keep it the entire game.... the fact that most people dont research regerative super early means that you can roll thorough their shit tanks and take all the res on the map. thus leaving the enemy out of res and probably held up in their main base. the surplus of res allows you to upgade to the best stuff in teh game fast and crush your enemy. this stratagy really only works ammong the people in this game that communicate and work together without being arrogant pricks lol

also the shaking is not a factor with communication between driver and gren because the apc is actually just a mobile reload point for the gren that can defend against the early tanks really really well. thus allowing the gren to take out their turrets really easily because the apc is stopped and the only movement is when an enemy tank comes in. and the apc and gren work together to take it down quickly.

also handling isnt speed mayama biodiesle isnt the fastest engine in the game true but it moves at a speed that allows the driver to have great control over the vehicle ( aka. handling...) now that i said that people are gonna try to waggle their internet dicks around and say well i can handle a 3phase no problem and run circles around you sure you may be able to get it to go forward and turn anyone can do that. but with a bio diesel its the perfect speed for tactical moves using the terrain to bypass enemy emplacements such as using hills as a half pipe an going around 3 layers of walls