forum game

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by blizzerd, May 17, 2011.

1. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I'd rather see an Empires mod faction for Picture Wars, but I suppose this will have to do. What do you need?

-ART BITCH-

[​IMG]
    The nearly finished Light Tank. I know the metal on the outside looks wierd but it makes the distant view much better.

[​IMG]
    The beginnings of a Vehicle Factory. I just can't make the bottom left corner seem realistic, suggestions welcome.
    Stuff in black is a quick scribble just for reference.
    [​IMG]
    The MSPaint gods sure weren't nice today, but i'm making progress.
    [​IMG]
    Last update before completion, just scrapped the spires and added some extra crap.
    [​IMG]
    Ta-Da! That took way too long. Maybe infantry will be next. We'll see.

[​IMG]
    I must be psychic. On another note, I hate colourcoding. But if you want to see these minature bastards you need coloured helmets. v.1.1 has these guys stumped.

[​IMG]
    They look kinda trapped without some seashanty spirit. Yo ho, time to give them a way to escape! Warning: infantry hown are 1 pixel taller than normal.

[​IMG]
    Boat, obviously not fit for tanks.

[​IMG]
    Made this then fell asleep. Thought I had uploaded it yesterday, sorry.

[​IMG]
    Started on a Medium Tank. I know I changed some of the bits it actually has but unless you want a weird hat with a gun it has to be this way.

I know everything is much browner than in Empires but given the map background we need them to stand out, especially as BE will have to go to a much deeper, darker blue

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  3. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

whats picture wars

meh, basically i need better pictures to present the light, medium heavy and apc on the map atm, and maybe someone to help with the rules

4. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Going to make a doublepost here. I know, taboo, but the edits were getting annoying. Heres a nice sample of an NF Light Tank. I'll make some changes soon, i dont like some of the size ratios.

[​IMG]

Few tips learned from Picture Wars:
    -Always save as PNG. Other filetypes mess around and resize stuff. Annoying.
    -Try avoid Internet Explorer, it will darken images slightly. Doesn't seem much but after a few posts will turn the entire globe black.
    -THE MAP WILL NEED TO BE CHANGED. 25mg is ridiculous, no-one will be able to load anything. 500kb max.

Art Bitch 2
    Ran out of image space.

[​IMG]
    Bam, take 2. Much better medium imo

[​IMG]
    Okay, so here we have a heavy that is lots of the old medium.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
  5. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

nice, really pretty

6. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

the map is high res so you can work with it, it will be scaled once its finished i guess

also those black and white thingies where placeholders, they suck

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i was toying with the idea to let players build harbours and highways for a price of whatever resources its going to have

8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

I'll sign up, with my own faction - Brinist Extra-Planetary Unit (BEPU).

Will we get to do research like upgraded inf, and later you can do tanks, then aircraft, first starting at simple things like bi-planes and zeppelins, then moving on to spitfires and B-52s? Or is it going to be just classic risk?

maybe you should take it into a civilizations approach, or simpler, a Total War approach. Just suggestions know what im saying.

9. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I'm just going to create NF, and this is what I'll be working on.
    Infantry (all classes)
    Fuck Jeeps, not going to bother
    Redo Light Tank
    APC
    Medium
    Heavy
    ONE Aircraft
    VF
    Barracks (3D)
    Maybe an Aircraft Factory, might just spawn from VF.

Someone work on the rules. I don't want classic Risk in that 3 Inf = 1 LT, etc. I want it to be interesting.

10. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Well for starters, my ruleset would be something along the lines of:

Buildings

Building placement: similar to Total War, or Civ, except instead of buildings being constructed in towns/cities, they are constructed in regions - I'll get to this point later.

-Teching units: Better units are trained from upgraded military buildings (so first would be Militia camp, then Barracks, and so on and so forth). If the infantry building were to start at say, lvl 1, it would only be able to train partisans or militia, a weak form of unit, later with a lvl 2 you can build Rifleman, lvl 3 Elite Rifleman(the names can be whatever you want).

-Building capture/destruction:
    when attacking regions you could either capture or destroy buildings you come across without needing to go for the main governing city.

Units
    -As I stated above, my idea for upgrading units comes from the lvl of the building they were created from.
    *Riflemen start as Rifle Militia, then progress to Rifleman, then Veteran Rifleman
    *Grenadiers are Rocket Militia, then Grenadier, then Anti-Tank expert.
    *Engineers start as Technicians, then Engineer, then Professional Engineer.
    *Scout start as Scout, then Sharpshooter, then Sniper.
    *Engineer and Scout in my opinion are unnecessary in a game like this, I only put them there for empires sake.
    *Grenadiers have superiority over tanks, Rifleman have superiority over infantry, Grens can still kill Rifleman and Tanks can still kill Grens.

-Vehicles
    *The type we have now can go in.
    *built at VF/AF/Harbour
    *Artillery can fire into adjacent regions.
    *Bombers can attack buildings, Fighters have air superiority.
    *Helicopters anyone?
    *APCs can transport a group of units and drop them off somewhere else
    *Land vehicles have better mobility on roads.

-Reward system, every battle won the units go up in rank, so start at Private, end at Field Marshal(land), Start at aircraftman, end at Air Marshal(Air Force), Start at Seaman, end at Admiral(navy).

I tried to make something "interesting" although in a way it might be too much. would be cool though.

Last edited: May 17, 2011
  11. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Currently working on some tanks, but we need a CV somewhere for sure.

EDIT: I'm just going to stop posting now and make my first post an "art bitch". Just check that for the artwork, and the occasional message. Seems easier for me and we won't end up at page 100.

12. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

this is getting out of hand in complexity, but i like it

how would we enforce or guild a game with these rulesets?
    (i mean a gamemaster sure has to put a lot of time in this to run it doesn't he?

also i can edit the map i posted if you guys want, tell me what to drop from wha ti have (the circles with numbers? we could use city icons? are the highway/bridge icons still relevant? i was originally thinking they could be built by players between 2 neighbouring cities if desired and enough resources)

how do we organise a resource system? i was thinking 1 resource per city level (so holding 3 cities, 2 of lvl1 and 1 of lvl 3 would give you5 resources per turn) might be too simplistic although i want to keep a direct link to empires mod and preferably as much self monitoring and self organising as possible

how do we organise construction? i was thinking buildings that are built could ether decide how much units you can create at one turn or how many units get "created" per turn of that player without any need of resources?

how do we organise construction? how do we organise battles? i was originally thinking of each "unit" being a different army, and a sort of rock paper scissors approach to what army would beat what army with a limit of 1 army per area/zone

i originally though of the harbour as a fast travel/invasion building (units on the harbour zone could move to attack any field with a coast to increase mobility and invasion possibility at a price of the building) but maybe we could actually add ships? possibly transport ships to do as i originally intended with the harbour?

13. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Someone else sign up. Now.

14. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

lolololo i got empty to help a bit, i think more will help along once we get more content, and if not il cry

15. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

only 3 unique people posted in this thread tho, thats how unpopular this already is.

16. Hygrom

Hygrom Member

I could... participate, but not sure how active I would be, god damn final in my AP class is a bitch.

17. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

You'll cry? I'll fucking kill myself, I put ages into those things.

18. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

i dont expect this to be done next week, so tbh i dont really care if i have to do it all by myself

the only uncertainty is if it will be playable/fun at the end, thats why i need more people thinking and helping me work it out but theres no rush nor demand to be active

this isnt the empiresmod art club

im going to make a nice post of what we have and what we could need as soon as devourawr gets on the google wave

19. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

holy shit devourawr thats pretty sex.

Ok I don't know what naval units we are going to have but I made submarines.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Shit, forgot about the wave. Shit. Anyhow, do you mind if I steal that sub and touch it up a bit? MSPaint is the only real art form left to me, so I'm a bit of a perfectionist.

Wave having trouble, please re-email me. Also, thanks for the compliment but you'll see the quality gradually decrease as you move down.

Last edited: May 23, 2011