Final testing discussion - Friday 14th to Wednesday 19th - 20:00 GMT / 3pm EST

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

Stop wearing your dirty turban and you will stop getting racially profiled.

PS me can no test on Friday through Sunday :( Got temp jobs on these days.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  2. Silk

Silk Mapper

I'll be there today (saturday), tomorrow and the day after.

I'm not in the testers group though, cause i broke it. The previous invite is too old and won't work, and new invites don't get through because of the old one.

Edit:
    Also does only svn work, or can we connect with steampires to check for steam only problems ?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

I'm having real problems IRL, trying to actually get to my PC. As I said, I was delayed pretty much constantly yesterday. After sorting out some other bits and pieces IRL, and getting my PC set up, I only got online an hour before the test, which was way too late to get anything done. I think I'm going to have a similar problem today. What was supposed to be a 3-4 hour chunk out of my time for something arranged a couple of months ago, now looks like it's going to be closer to 7 hours, again fucking up my entire day.

The problem is this:

The VAC kicking players issue, we can probably fix it. But I need a good solid 2-3 hours to every combination of appIDs to try and work out which one won't kick people. The problem here is, none of you guys can do it. It needs both Jephir and I to be around so we can keep pushing out new builds on the test server. This is what's holding us back right now, because I physically cannot find the time to do this. I haven't even had chance to unpack my case, and I don't even see when I'm going to get time to do that until late tomorrow. I seriously could have gotten more done in the UAE it's that bad for me right now, and as you can tell, I'm getting really upset and pissed off that this entire release could be tanked because of me not having any time for a couple of days.

All I can ask you to do is stand by until we fix that problem. Until then, we literally can't do anything. I'll try my absolute best to get shit sorted by tonight, but I can't guarantee anything. If it's not fixed by tonight, then it's ANOTHER test we're having to cancel, and arguably the most important one at that. If we do manage to fix the VAC bug, I still won't have time to commit a load of new maps, updated models/textures, scripts and other shit until tomorrow.

Really sorry it's turning out like this, but I honestly couldn't have predicted any of this shit.

4. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Isnt there anyone else that could help jephit with this shit?
    Seriously, trickster, this is getting fucking ugly. If you want to reach the deadline, you can't affor to just cancel tests.

5. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

Do you have to run with VAC? No way of just turning it off as a temporary measure?

6. Neoony

Neoony Member

turning VAC off doesnt help...it still wants to connect and fails

7. Trickster

Yeah, VAC refuses to fuck off.

8. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

For anyone camping the forums - this is fixed and we are playing.
    chop chop

9. Trickster

30 testers so far!

10. Z100000M

We had succes in making commanders crash.
    We tried many things, but it has something to do with buildings it seems.
    Metal smith crashed when i was deconning cameras and turrets and someone else killed turrets that metal dropped.

11. Neoony

Neoony Member

It sometimes crashes the comm when he simply places ml or mg
    and can be reproduced by building and destroying walls (probably not always)
    Sometimes crashes when turrets get destroyed....
    nothing easy to trace...it seems to happen under some conditions but then it also seems to be happening randomly....we spend all night with this....nothing exact found

but for sure its not only a comm problem

most probably that something bugged must be in your view

everything else on this topic post into this thread: http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=17033

12. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

Notes from December 15's test:
    • Remove default bind for artillery marker map
    • Add default binds for spawn map (ENTER and M)
    • Squad menu does not appear when spawning if you've left a squad
    • Crosshair disappears when looking down a certain angles as a scout. Does not happen when hidden.
    • Skills not saving properly across map changes.

13. Candles

Candles CAPTAIN CANDLES, DUN DUN DUN, DUN DUN DUN DUN.

Minidumps!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  14. Jephir

Thanks for your dumps.

15. JustGoFly

JustGoFly Member

Jephir when you and I were on this past weekend. I dropped some turrets, but was out of the vehicle. You dropped turrets that I de-rez'd, and finally after de-rezing a fourth turret, I crashed. I don't know if you also crashed, but I did not quit, the game crashed. I thought you might want that info for your analysis.

Vinnie (JustGoFly)

16. Jephir

Yeah we've fixed the turret crash issue. Although it's more of a band-aid solution since the fix causes ragdolls to bounce around.

17. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

Out of context candidate if I ever saw one

18. Z100000M

Seeing as there is no dedicated thread for the new release:

Vehicle collisions are way too cartoonish. I dont know where did the effect come from, but having people in jeep explode from ramming stuff and tanks flip after hitting a bump is uncool. (This was on viper with vicky apparently wanting to set up turbo, so i guess a major screw up on admin's part is possible if unlikely)

Hard collisions made ammo/medbox stacking even more egrorious. This leads to some funny/rage moments looking like scenes from films where drowning people are trying to get on a boat, dying en masse. They also screw over engies all the time. You can easily get stuck in the ground or props untill you respawn. Unstuck doesnt help.

Also

New uc is a mixed bag. Bases are better, but the middle is a convoluted mess. There are now like 5 routes from flag 2 and 3. It's honestly nearly imspspible to cover them all as nf. It also seems extremely be biased, as they only have to watch out for the side alley and the main road, while nf has to cover the
    1) ramp
    2) the old tunnels
    3) the main road
    4) the church
    The stairs in c3... It made me loose my kinesthetic sense and nearly triggered a vomit reflex. It might be just me, but it seems so unnatural it hurts.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  19. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

jeeps used to explode on impact a few RC's ago. Hitting a bump and flipping sounds like gravity is a bit low.