Final testing discussion - Friday 14th to Wednesday 19th - 20:00 GMT / 3pm EST

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Trickster, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Ok, so as stated in the News Thread, shit is about to hit the fan. We have a fuck tonne of testing to do in a very short space of time, if we want to get this patch out for christmas.

Server will be:

epic-empires.co.uk:27650

Every night from Friday onwards. Please make sure that you're in the tester group, and find someone to invite you if you aren't.

Also, something VERY FUCKING IMPORTANT:

Anyone who is going to command needs to install MSI Afterburner and record their shit. Not only can we use this for footage in any promotional videos, but we still have a commander crash which we haven't managed to fix yet. All crashdumps end up in valve code, so our only chance of fixing this is if we find ways to reproduce it. Demos don't work in Commander view, so recording it is the only option we have. If we don't find and fix this bug, we can't send the patch, it's that simple. Install it even if you don't plan to command and get us some awesome footage and screenshots.

The problems of last test with VAC kicking people should be fixed by Friday night, if the problem is what I think it is. We'll try and test with a few people before Friday anyway. Friday will have a couple of games, but we'll mainly just try to check everything is working ok, and that the new maps are all ok. From Saturday, we're pugging every night.

TELL EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON YOUR FRIENDS LIST TO ATTEND THESE TESTS. I need full (yes, full, 64 players) servers every single night from Saturday, anything less is going to make finding problems so much more difficult. Just spam everyone you know, and get the attendance we need.

Thanks everyone, and I'll see you there.

2. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

How wide spread/often is this commander crash? I have been in a few times for hours and hours and no crash.

3. Trickster

In the tester version?

4. complete_

complete_ lamer

yeah thats what he means

wanna play so badly

5. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

yes in the tester version... since I don't know any of the server commands I just tool around while the research, well researches.

6. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

whats the deal with the tesla gun?

7. Trickster

It's all getting hooked up, hopefully by testing. The weapon in there at the moment is just a test-bed. We now have code support and a particle effect, with a sound effect coming soon. We'll also have the electrical grenade soon enough, and code support for the toxic gas nade is pending.

8. wealthysoup

wealthysoup Lead Tester

Ive updated the changelog, this should be pretty much final now. Trickster-can you let me know if the new NF apc model will be included? Can you also check maps list in the changelog to make sure these are right?

Wouldnt be a bad idea to release a changelog containing all your script changes aswell

Will update SVN when I get home to make sure I havnt missed anything else.

9. Ducky

Ducky 2D Artist

Both 2-Slot I assume ?

10. Trickster

Yeah they'll be 2 slotters.

Wealthy, the APC should be getting updated with a retexture by LordDz, so assume it's in. If I remember, I'm also going to commit a few other bits and pieces, and update the scripts some more.

11. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

How do I record with a graphic card performance program?

12. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

its hidden in settings.

13. LordDz_2

LordDz_2 Strange things happens here

[​IMG]
    Is it hidden at the top?

14. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Rofl

wait a sceond, while I fix my superb but broken screenshot-tool.

[​IMG]

The settings on the Image are not configured, DO NOT use this as a reference for anything, unless you are LordDz.

Yes it is hiding at the top, you will need to scroll through the columns to find that. Not Idea why one would make a settings screen that is 855 pixels high.

This thread should help you.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  15. Fooshi

Fooshi For fuck's sake Fooshi

[​IMG]

Try messing about the quality. I found 90% to be fairly good before the image starts artifacting under 80% ish.

Frame size is advised set to full, but half size also works fine unless you want HD gameplay footage / loads of text.

Framerate is also a thing you need to dick about with before you get it properly. It will limit your FPS whilst recording, so setting it to 29 or something in hope of saving some space on your HDD = bad time.

Gamma / MJPG decoder = some stuff you don't need to worry about.

Audio source 1: What you hear. Set this to your speakers through (hopefully) WASAPI playback > Speakers / Headphones.

Audio source 2: This will record your mic if you want. If you don't need this, leave this at none.

As for all the downmix stuff, I have no idea what it is, thus I ticked them because yolo.

16. Trickster

We're going to have to start testing tomorrow and skip tonight. I got online way too late because of being held up at the airport, and then having to go out and buy new power-plugs for my internet because someone had the courtesy to smash mine in my absence from home. I've been up for 2 days straight and, whilst I tried my best, I couldn't get everything together in time in such a short space of time.

As such, the VAC kicking bug hasn't been fixed yet, so it's just not practical to go ahead. I'll try my best to get shit together for tomorrow. Really sorry about this guys, but I never really anticipated having this many difficulties just getting back to my PC in the UK.

We'll test tomorrow, and get started properly then. I might be late online but I'll have way more time in the morning to get things done.

17. Xyber04

Xyber04 Member

Goddamnit just got in and set up :( why!

18. Trickster

It's ok, we'll be having tests every night coming up.

19. A-z-K

A-z-K Member

And now it will be so much easier to get in game!
    its like doing the theory before the fun practical stuff!
    </silver lining>

20. Neoony

Neoony Member

Just keep up the good work Trickster and everybody whos helping.
    I will try to help as much as possible.