[FEEDBACK] Ragdoll bounciness

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Awpolt, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

Folks,

We've all seen how insanely light player ragdolls are. One is able to achieve impressive airtime, for example, by being hit by a meager explosion. Should ragdolls be more resilient to force, in general? Let's be honest, Empires has always had an uncanny way of immersing itself in the realm of ragdoll physics. I've never seen anything quite like it. I'm not sure if this was originally intended or not.

What are your thoughts regarding this?

2. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

my thoughts? this is probably the most uniportant thing there is. aside of that, i had ragdolls behaving weird in every game i played, when it comes to that empires isnt special at all.

3. Thexa4

Thexa4 Developer Staff Member Moderator

It's probably more that our damage forces are a bit exaggerated. A nine-mine will make something with the weight of a CV do 3 flips in the air.

4. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I wonder if increasing the weight of a player will help prevent bullet pushback, I hate that so much. I like ragdolls flying though, when I play with aggressive people it will fling their corpse back at me to revive them, how considerate of the enemy.

Though for more defensive people it tends to fling their corpse on the other side of the wall, how inconvenient. Clearly more people should play aggressively, it helps your engineer pals do their job.

5. Neoony

Neoony Member

noooo, its often funny seeing a corpse spinning in the air, out of explosions xD

Last edited: Aug 24, 2016
  6. Ranger

Ranger Member

We need the Realistic Ragdolls and Force mod from Skyrim.

Can ragdolls be pushed by bullets? Never noticed.

7. blizzerd

blizzerd Member

fuz roh NUKE

fuz roh ARTILLERY

8. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

Make gren mortars make ragdolls fly so engineers have to chase corpses around to revive.

9. Ranger

Ranger Member

Yeah lel true, it's also weird the ragdolls are client side or something. Like, you may see in spot A after an explosion but someone else in spawn B and thats confusing cause he's reviving him 5 meters away from your point of view.

10. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

It's pretty great when people get super mad at you for not reviving them even though they got shoved into some crevice you can't get to.

11. NekoBaron

NekoBaron Member

ragdolls can be made server side but people dont like the idea of the server having to calc a bunch of ragdolls when you got high player count, but that was some years ago and I think they could handle it now right? And if needed freeze a ragdoll after 4 seconds of idle (as an example) so they cant be constantly blasted away.

12. Awpolt

Awpolt Member

A notable mention would also be that the bones are rather frail. Ragdolls are able to fold like a piece of paper. Isn't the structure handled in the .QC file?

13. Neoony

Neoony Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not sure if they look more like they are chilling or rather strangling themselves xD

14. Trainzack

Trainzack Member

The first one looks more like strangling, the second one looks more like chilling (or at the very least, incredibly comfortable strangling).

Neoony likes this.