favorite commander

Discussion in 'General' started by FN198, May 27, 2010.

1. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

The new apwall - razorsharp/gay_weed_dad(they are the exact same person) he doesn't go hsm on yo ass like apwall, hes the opposite, he believes hes the best player around, and commands the team while hes not commander. He keeps complaining about setting down turrets and shit and walls. and while he is commander, just join specs.

2. PwnedYoAss

PwnedYoAss Member

Communism, because he has an attitude that just makes the game more fucking fun.

3. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Razorsharp is so fucking bad at this game it reduces me to tears.

4. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

He changed his name I swear he did to gay_weed_dad. Because he still has the idea that he is the best player in game and that everyone else is a noob and he has the exact same voice.

5. Trickster

I just beat gay_weed_dad_69 5 rounds in a row.

6. recon

recon SM Support Dev

The commander isn't the most important, nor do they have any more influence on the outcome of the match than the scout that gets a rax up behind enemy lines. If they're decent, a good commander is no more important than anyone else. That leads to:

A good commander will not win the round, but a bad commander will lose the round.

A good team will almost always win. If they get a fail comm, they'll kick him/her out and put someone decent in.

7. pickled_heretic

pickled_heretic Member

I don't agree with you - good commanders can very clearly win rounds and there are many cases where this has happened - but nonetheless, your statement is evidence that supports my claim. What you are essentially saying is that a team must have at least an adequate commander in order to even have a chance at winning a round. This is very strong evidence that indicates that the commander role is much more important than any one player is, as you can have a large portion of a team totally suck while still being capable of victory.

This is also evidence that supports my claim, as a 'good team' would not win without a new commander.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  8. Grantrithor

Grantrithor Member

Not really. Because the time time it takes for a whole team to actually f s space(because everyone doesn't seem to react to this) and the time it takes for the initial reaction towards the commanders crappiness, they have already spent too much time, and already have lost refinerys, future bases, resources, and research time due to the time it took to kick a commander.

9. Senor_Hybrido

Senor_Hybrido Member

I have to agree with this from what little personal experience I have as comm. I'm a noob comm but have won half the matches in which I'm the comm, although I rarely do it. All the wins are because of team members who somehow either managed to sneak into their base for a ninja rax or just managed to push hard despite my shitty comming abilities.

As long as a comm can update targets frequently for the team and focus on a few trees for research, he's not a bad comm. As far as I can tell, that is actually quite easy if you know where the upgrades are on the tech trees and you're able to spam A and mouse drag.

10. Trickster

I've single-handedly won rounds with a retarded team against a stacked team with excessive boomtanking, building every ref myself and physically pushing my team at the enemy using my CV.

11. Empty

Empty Member

I have two replies to tricksters post so I'll make them seperate:
    Sounds like an average EPIC scrim.

I'm imagining an emp_recruit digging his nails in the ground and crying "I don' wanna" over and over again as your drive closer to the enemy main.

12. communism

communism poof

you know how to make a girl blush :|ove:

13. Trickster

Nah, we rarely have to even try in scrims. Actually, that's probably true. We spend most scrims micspamming all round, jeeping, dicking around, and still win without much effort. Having said that, boomtanking in a scrim is suicide, because even BSID are capable of changing class to scout with stuns.

I lol'd.

14. mgX

mgX Member

/signed