Equipment

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Spooky, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Vaun

Vaun Member

The smg2 has no spread and is shot for shot very weak, so you would either need perfect accuracy, or use something that doesnt have a fairly long range. Besides, go play any game with an smg and a shotgun, fire both at a target and see how long it takes to kill said target (like in ns where theyre 1-2 shot kills).

Basicly though, they need to individualize each class so that grens accel against tanks, riflemen accel against infantry, engineer accel at building/maintaning bases, and scouts accel at spying and recon.

Also, if i recall correctly (and reread the posts right) you really liked the idea of a revolver style grenade launcher, solokiller.

2. Solokiller

Solokiller Member

I like the idea of being able to swap the rpg (and thus, mortar) and pistol with an smg with revolver style grenade launcher all in one.
    It would be an smg like the UMP45, fires slowly, medium accuracy, but would be worth upgrading to. You could even pull the NF SMG 3 back into the game for this role, although with no bayonet and super strength.
    You could compare it to an OICW, but with less range and primarily anti-tank capabilities.
    Its grenade launcher would be able to fire normal grenades (mortar equivalent) or propelled grenades (rpg equivalent), selected by button or through the usual way. It would carry like 6 grenades at a time. Visually, you would see the revolver being swapped, to indicate that you're only switching grenades.
    EDIT: oh, and you could tie it to UGL so you have more infantry upgrades. I know, more grenadier upgrades, yada yada yada.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2008
  3. Vaun

Vaun Member

Ah ok, ya i like where your going with that.

Also, i wasnt playing long enough ago to see/use the smg3, but i hear its ungodly. The OICW had almost bullet-like 25mm grenades that could explode after a set distance in the air, which would be crazy overpowered (ive used a similar mod on a server in NS for the nadelauncher, but with normal arc).

Can you show me a pic of the NF smg3? Still, hows this sound (for now): RPG/mortar-anti armor, Grenade Launcher-anti structural (the engi tool is currently on of the best anti-structure devices).

4. Solokiller

Solokiller Member