Equalibrium

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by grayclay88, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Wereaser

Wereaser Member

And we all know what kind of godawful shitty mess Vietnam was... :) I loved the Starship Troopers movie, but I'm yet to read the book. Something I must attend to during next winter. And as for the new ST game... I don't even know how someone can make a game so sluggish and ugly. Especially the Plasma Mountain demo was... The latest incarnation of shit? :D

Equilibrium is definedly a must see movie. :) It makes you think about the world today...

2. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

Starship Troopers inspired tactics in Vietnam? Do you have anything to back that up? I have the suspicion that you just pulled that out of your ass. The Puppet Masters was a much better Heinlein book. The movie isn't that great but somewhat decent.

3. Chahk

Chahk Member

I think you are confusing Robert A. Heinlein with L. Ron Hubbard.

4. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

Okay, I was being a little dramatic there. From what I understand, though, many scholars believe him to be extoling the idea of extending suffrage only to those who have served extensively in the military, and some even believe he was promoting fascism (but let's skirt Godwin's law here and avoid opening that can of worms).

I'm also going to sidestep the common internet practice of professing subjects that you know jack-shit about, and simply ask if anybody who has actually read the book and discussed it in a formal environment knows anything about this.

5. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

omfg its the mutating thread!! i posted about the movie i watched and now its about militaristic tradition!!! run away!

6. Krenzo

Krenzo Administrator

This thread is more than just you or me.

7. Chahk

Chahk Member

You must realize the truth that there is no thread.

8. Deiform

Deiform Member

lmao! I laughed for a whole minute after reading that.

Yeah, the first film was so much better than the other 2, I think everyone has got the other 2 on DVD so they can tell their kids to never ever look/watch those DVD's.......ever...

9. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

there is a ST3? i have to see it. i know it will suck, but the first was so good that it compels me to watch all of its crappy sequils.

that is why i have seen cube 2-3 and trimmers 2-4

10. Jn.

Jn. Member

wtf..........I didn't even know there were two other ST movies :( I saw the first one, and I loved it when I was.........small. About 2nd grade. There were..................female parts. I also read the book when I was in like 3rd or 4th grade. I got it at a book fair :D

11. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

I think he was talking about the matrix?

12. Deiform

Deiform Member

Aye, the Matrix. I do believe there was a second Starship troopers film though, that was pretty poor too, if from what I hear is true.

13. grayclay88

grayclay88 Banned

i only saw one of em, dont no wich one it wsa tho

14. Shinzon

Shinzon Member

I kind of liked the idea behind them... but the 2nd one was compleatly messed up... >.<

I think the 1st and 2nd one jumbled up in my head right now...

15. ^Dee^

^Dee^ Former Super Moderator

First was good and could have stood on it's own. Other two gets far too computer geeky and tries to elaborate on way too much.

16. MrBojangl3s

MrBojangl3s Member

I'm pretty sure they really didn't plan on continuing the series and then it everyone was like "OMFG I WILL DIE FOR YOU WACHOWSKI" or "THIS IS NOT REAL!!! IMA GO PUT ON MY SHADES AN' LEATHA NOW!" so the Wachows Bros were then soon like "Dude. We can put Matrix on anything now and it'll be a blockbuster. Get me a beer and a pen!"

17. dumpster_fox

dumpster_fox Member

The second two are too computer geeky? I sure as hell can't remember anything remotely computer related for the second two. They just introduce characters and shit that flies in the face of the ideas set forth in the first one and slather it in fight scenes and special effects.

Rofl, Bojangl3s. Rofl.

18. mr_quackums

mr_quackums Member

the sad thing is that ST2 could have worked, they just went corny horror and not corny action... just ignore the fact that 5(?) ppl on there own would be dead in 30 seconds.