EPIC vs. @ clan 05/14/11

Discussion in 'Clans' started by TheLiberalElitist, May 18, 2011.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Apparently Lawliet did, I was under the impression that you guys asked him personally for the match. In my opinion, it was unreasonable of us to play you at such an early stage, and I apologise for doing so. If you felt it helped you guys though, that's cool, but I don't like the idea of us demoralising your clan at such an early stage, we want more clans, not less.

2. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

It could have been worse ;)

3. w00kie

w00kie Mustachioed Mexican

Just hire Cpatton or Hobbes for com. :headshot:

4. Xyber04

Xyber04 Member

The scrim was never confirmed vs MEG. We will give you a date if our clan agrees to it and are available.

I will confirm our scrims. And I will do so with the consent of the clan, not on my own or any other members mark. (VEX, ACE are exceptions)

5. @@@@VEX@@@@@

@@@@VEX@@@@@ Member

Wow man i just read this now, and I'm not liking how this is laying out what so ever, so much for ever saying a GG to you...To be honest you're chatting like a immature prick and now your apologizing? maybe you should get some better "organization" as well so you know that "YOU" challenged "US" and it was "YOUR" map choice without a thought from us....

Yes it was early, and Well im glad your at least apologizing for something. I get it this community is harsh and dog eat dog, that will never change. I thought it was just nice to get our guys out at least and show then its possible to get that many out, in my eyes that was a "pug" considering the amount of participation etc.

This is what you were looking for, the proof of challenge
    -₪EPIC₪- Lawliet |Cpt.|: Alright. Since you are the co-founder of @-clan (or so I believe) I on behalf of EPIC challenge @@@@ to a scrimmage.
    -₪EPIC₪- Lawliet |Cpt.|: and if you don't have enough people to scrim we can always make it into a pug.
    @@@@VEX@@@@: that does sound good
    @@@@VEX@@@@: there shouldnt be a problem in getting that setup
    @@@@VEX@@@@: i will inform others tonight and make a post
    -₪EPIC₪- Lawliet |Cpt.|: EPIC tries to aim for saturdays at 5 PM EST. 9 PM GMT or something around that time. If you're interested feel free to contact me or other EPIC members like Moojuice and Trickster.
    -₪EPIC₪- Lawliet |Cpt.|: Let me know how it goes. If you want to reschedule for another saturday you're more than welcome to.
    -₪EPIC₪- Lawliet |Cpt.|: We try to aim for atleast 16 players per side but if it doesn't work we can always go 11v11 on a small map.
    @@@@VEX@@@@: okay thank you i will inform the others and get back to you
    -₪EPIC₪- Lawliet |Cpt.|: Alright. Thanks for all the cooperation.

This is the respect and maturity i expect when dealing with scrims before, during and afterward.

Either way, we are not demoralized and can give a rats ass that we lost. Yes there is things that need improvement, and they will be worked but for now it is what it is. We lost, You won...like i said during game gg, and i thanked you for the opportunity to have a scrim and taking the time meet with us.

These are the players that showed up
    [​IMG]

Like you said we did lack major organization but nobody seemed interested, this may be a result from more then half of the @ members not playing the game in 2 years... and the constant fighting between ringers lol

Anyways id like to thank our members for showing up, and you guys for taking time to play against us. Next time will be different and better.

Thanks,

VEX

Last edited: May 21, 2011
  6. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

I was 100% behind you until you suggested lawliet is respectful and mature.

7. Krazer

Krazer Member

This is why they are Eprick.

8. Trickster

As I said clearly, when I'm not active enough myself, I let other people handle stuff, I simply don't have time currently to know every single thing going on. Lawliet said we had been challenged to me, and I was never going to deny you that, but I'm stating that I feel it's unreasonable for a new clan's first scrim to be against EPIC, JPL or Consortium, because it's going to be poor for both sides. I was under the impression you challenged us, and I was explaining that I felt that was a mistake on your part. Then I learnt that wasn't the case, and so it was a mistake on OUR (note our, not Lawliet's) part, to put you in such an unreasonable position, and I apologised for that.

And as for map-choice, it's a general unwritten scrim rule, that whichever side gets the server advantage, the other gets the map advantage. We played on VIPER when the majority of EPIC is EU, meaning you guys had the ping advantage, so we get the map choice. That system hasn't changed in my experience over the past 3 years of scrimming, so I don't know what you used to do. I also tried to communicate with both you and Xyber multiple times ingame over chat, regarding both the map, and Brutos's request to spectate, and I received absolutely no reply from anyone. The only thing I got was "NO" from Kenji.

At the end of the day, if you can't understand what I've been explaining in previous posts, that isn't my problem, but I'm giving you a combination of both advice, and an apology based on that. Take what you will from it. I'm just saying, if you want other clans to take you seriously, start taking yourselves seriously.

9. Krazer

Krazer Member

EPIC has a lower average ping than @@@@. :rolleyes:

Kenji I am dissapoint.

10. Xyber04

Xyber04 Member

Your right. Lmao.

11. Trickster

Yeah, 100 vs 117, but pings before the game are irrelevant, although it's more likely that the gap between them would be even bigger during the game, but you can never work this shit out from before the game, because most people will go up by 50% at least, if not more.

12. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

Has anyone ever pointed out to Trix that he's missing the dashes in his tag?

13. Trickster

I removed them because I was feeling all nostalgic for the olden days, back when we didn't use them. We only swapped to the current ones because back then, steam would delete the first symbol of the tag unless we put a hyphen before it, but the pre-orangebox version of Empires let you set your name within that, it wasn't your steam name. When we moved to orange box, we had to change our tags. Steam fixed the bug a while ago though.

14. @@@@VEX@@@@@

@@@@VEX@@@@@ Member

Well according to the "chat" it seemed that way, i do not know how people are these days. So i took it as I see it, I was also just trying to make a point from hearing "thanks for the cooperation" is nicer then being flamed and condescending remarks lol.

Either way no hard feelings, that's the way she works. And I'm use to scrims on games like day of defeat 1.6 and the way they run servers/scrims.

The next scrim will only be when @@@ has an organized scrim team which will be taken seriously, from ourselves and others.

Alright and for this I did not noticed because i was constantly in and out of the screen dealing with vent so i will make note that I did not respond due to lack of knowledge of your request. The combination of vent, in game voices and PM's flooding me left no room for other readings.

Personally i wouldn't have minded a spec as long obv as they were not pm'ing someone

Any other requests or important statements should be PM'd to me next time for 100% feedback potential.

Thanks,

VEX

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  15. Devourawr

Devourawr Member

I think I see your problem. It's pretty easily fixed, although you may have to install this thing called Empires.

16. @@@@VEX@@@@@

@@@@VEX@@@@@ Member

Indeed, did that how many years ago? ahh the days when Empires was still young and in the sandbox

17. Emp_Recruit

Emp_Recruit Member

i heard epic was using some ringers imediate DQ and bdiz is going to cry irl about it