Engineer energy suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Kitsun, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

I strongly dislike how the Engineer has a limited amount of energy that can only be replenished over time.

I'm suggesting that the gameboy should draw its energy from the team's resources.

If the team has resources, the Engineer will build at normal speed, and if the team has none - at a reduced speed.

Buildings should also be much cheaper for the commander to place, as they will cost more as they get built. (Mention the cost to place and the cost to build in the tooltip)

Not only does this improve RTS-FPS integration, it also makes players more aware of the current economy status.

It also adds more depth to the gameplay surrounding vehicle repairs, certain types of armour may be more suitable for certain financial situations because they are cheaper to repair.

Interesting things can be done with the armour with this too, such as making armour cost more to build but cheaper to repair, or cost less to build but expensive to repair.

The problems that I can see arising from this gameplay modification is how to handle engineer-built constructions and their cost, making them free to build can be confusing to the player while making them cost to build opens up the economy for abuse.

2. Empty

Empty Member

It's called a calc.
    And define the point where the team has no resources.
    Because the moment you have 1 refinery, you're generating a lot of res per second.
    Also, this means that winning teams have a huge advantage.

3. Kitsun

Kitsun Member

Reduced build speed with 0 res.

The hit and run tactic will be useful in empires if the changes are made, doing damage to the enemy and running before they can respond impacts the enemies economy when it costs to repair.

It balances the game in many ways, one side having slightly better tanks than the other will be much less over-powering, as both teams will have a loss, instead of just one of the teams. (Team 1 loses a tank, Team 2 has to repair a tank).

I've seen alot of endgame situations where the enemy will attack with lots of tanks and when they become damaged they will retreat, this situation is currently very difficult to get out of for the team being attacked, for the attacking team to have to deal with repair charges would make things easier.

You can have ubertanks but if you can barely handle the repair charges - what will happen when an enemy takes a ref or two from you?

As for balance, it makes it harder to defend, but it makes it -much- harder to attack.

4. Empty

Empty Member

No it doesn't.
    Because the assaulters have all the resources.
    This means they can repair easily, and if it's too expensive, then vehicles just became even more dispensable.

5. Aquillion

Aquillion Member

Yeah, I think this is a very very bad idea. The idea is supposed to be that defenders (people who are 'behind' in res) can make up for it by being careful with their tanks/structures, repairing them and never losing them. This would go against that.

Players don't need more incentives to capture res nodes.

6. jongscx

jongscx Member

disposable?

7. Empty

Empty Member

Lol.
    Peztanks.