Empires Winter League

Discussion in 'General' started by Spike, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Start Date
    Start date will be the 7th of november or 31st of October depending on interest

Captains
    If you are interested in becoming captain please ask me or post on the forums.
    Captains will have to organise there teams, pick commanders and come up with the plans for the maps. if you want to nominate someone as captain please feel free. Captains must be able to show up every match if not you must nominate a general to take over.

Teams (you must join a group in order to play)
    Team Foxtrot: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empiresscrimteamfoxtrot (Lazybum)

Team Victor: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/empiresteamvictor (Amatoxin) capguy and jk as generals

Servers
    One week it will be hosted on a US server then the next a EU server to keep both us players and eu players happy.

Maps
    Mainly snow maps i will post the list of maps to be played every week here once we have decided what will be played.

Please tell all empires players you know about this event.

Me, catface and tama are leading the event. We will play for the team who has the least players or too counter stack a side.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. Spike

Teams
    Lazbums team
    Team Foxtrot

Amatoxins team
    Team Victor

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  3. Amatoxin

Amatoxin Member

Tribute must be made

I nominate myself, capguy, and jk as tribute, I mean sacrifices, I mean captains for one team.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  4. Tama

Tama Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Steam group events

Henceforth, I want to post these planned games on the Official Empires Steam group, so that we reach all 2,735 members.

Also, I would like to schedule some different games:
    -one for players in a different time-zone, starting on Wednesdays at 10 AM UTC.
    -one specifically planned to have two noob commanders facing off

Every week would be great, but I fear that - at least initially, right now - our community would have too little time, and would only show up for half the events. I think for now we should go for more of less biweekly events (but the different time-zone events runs parallel, since they targets different players). That should concentrate the playerbase more. It's very easy to go from biweekly to weekly events once we have plenty of people playing for each game.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  5. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Where's Empirescup scrim?
    Pure ball kicking, no killing.

6. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

Again, nobody wants to follow this weird Bushido type of deal. If you want football, there's better ways of going about it. If you want vehicle sports, same deal. But shooting at nerds trying to take the ball? There's maybe one or two such games at best and I can't think of their titles right now.

@OP: I'm looking forward to it. I hope I can motivate myself enough to get shit done before these games kick off. Leading a squad last league was a real joy and doing it again would be, simply put, splendid.

7. Catface

Catface Member

A much better idea. I'll see to updating it regularly in coordination with other event organisers.

Training sessions are nice, and id be willing to help organize them. But not at prime time (Friday/Saturday/Sunday evenings) though.
    Commanding is something that is still just learned through participating in many games. Once people understand the game (including vehicle combat and squad mechanics) they can give comming a try by getting in the CV during a low pop match or one where one team is already winning.
    At the moment we still have enough comms for scrims and pugs (including the weekday one). I think it's best to spend the time implementing drones or other mechanics that would better support low pop matches so new commanders have another way to learn the craft.

That's not been a problem so far. I definitely notice that a lot will not show up at both of the weekend pugs, but by having them on both saturday and sunday, people have more freedom picking when they want to show up and are more inclined to play more because the game is more active.
    In the end, I'm seeing more attendance now then when we had only one pug a week, or once every two weeks.

Not really. I've seen plenty of nocturnal euro players show up on the VIPER Wednesday pug, and that was primarily geared towards NA players. There's no split in the player base, though certain times will be more favourable for players from one continent over the other.

I'd like to suggest the following:

We do 4 events a week.

1. Wednesday PUGs. Scheduled at 20:00 GMT for Euros, with another one at 20:00 EST for American players.
    2. Friday PUG/test. Event schedule is similar to Wednesday, but either two of the times will be used for a weekly test. This way both time zones will have a bi-weekly opportunity to test.
    3. Saturday PUG at 21:00 GMT. For all time zones.
    4. Sunday Seasonal Scrim league, followed by a PUG. Time still to be decided upon.

In the end people are more inclined to show up when they know others will show up. Even if it's 4 times a week.

8. Metruption

Metruption Member

If you choose Metruption as captain I promise every game will be quick and relatively painless.

9. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Ounin will captain the spectators i presume?

10. Spike

Right i honestly need around about 3 or 2 people to captian/command the other team now im going to let jk amatoxin and capguy do one team. I was thinking of big teef and acoouple of others to do it if i remember he actually had some good ideas in the xray vs quebec scrims.

11. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

I don't care who's going to comm.
    In terms of the understanding of this game, I have no respect for all of you and I will just selectively ignore your orders. :)

12. Metruption

Metruption Member

Think about all the bad things that could happen if you put Teef and I in charge of a competitive Empires team. Isn't it relaxing? It's like you're meditating because your mind has gone blank.

13. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

Oh jolly god you what

14. Spike

Jesus what up your ass security ? too pro for empires i take it ?

15. 101010

101010 Member

Could you also maybe post on moddb when we are doing events?
    Maybe bring in some people who might want to try Empires that think the mod is dead as they seem to only try when no one is playing.

16. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'll be a captain if I can get hobbes to command every game.

17. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Gotta love security

18. vipervicki

vipervicki Member

]
    [​IMG]

19. Spike

Can i just say Hobbes can actually command pretty well. When he used to command for meg he never used to boomtank he just used to play it safe. I wouldn't mind Hobbes commanding but he would not have to boomtank.

20. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

When it comes to pure comming skills, Hobbes is definitely top 5.

Hobbes doesn't boomtank in serious games, he knows when to fuck around and when to not, just like me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.