Empires Winter League Game #1

Discussion in 'General' started by Spike, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  2. complete_

complete_ lamer

should i join a team if there is a 10% chance of me making it

3. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

roll a d10

4. D.D.D. Destroyer

D.D.D. Destroyer Member Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

I needed to look up the map. It's this snow map.

5. Varbles

Varbles Simply Maptastic. Staff Member

I hope you chose it because it's so old nobody is familiar with it, because otherwise it's not a particularly good map.

6. Lazybum

Lazybum :D Staff Member Moderator

I'm familiar with it. I'm familiar with the fact it's really annoying to command due to all the slopes making it hard to place buildings, also the elevation certainly makes some things fun.

At least it'll be more fun to play then mvalley. It's a chance to use TACTICS, well ones that haven't been beaten to death. I like seeing new things.

7. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

get high hp engines ;)

8. Lazybum

I'm getting real tired of fission. I still don't get why bio diesel isn't higher hp, for the longest time I thought it had the highest hp.:(

9. Neoony

Neoony Member

To recieve easy notifications about upcoming matches and also to confirm that you are going to play the next match.

The best thing to do is to subscribe to your teams steam group forum.

How to do that:
    Go into your teams steam group and click "Discussions" and then click on "Subscribe to forum".

[​IMG]

Do that and confirm that you are going to play the next match which is tomorrow, by going into one of the relevant topics in your teams steam group forum and saying "I can play".

Next time you will be notified by steam, in the top right corner a "green message" will appear notifying you about new topic.

Just remember, by joining a group you are not confirming that you are going to play the next match. As far as I know, you have to post into the topic in the steam forums of your team.

--

Hope this helps.
    Attach this to main post for any newcomers, as this is gonna be lost in posts. Edit if necessary.

10. D.D.D. Destroyer

Someone tell Bum I'll be attending, I can't get on Steam tonight ._.

11. Neoony

Neoony Member

12. D.D.D. Destroyer

Oh I haven't thought of that for some reason. I'll keep it in mind for the next time.

13. Lazybum

Duly noted.

14. Posthumous

Posthumous Member

Laggiest shit ever.

15. Lazybum

Well, that was certainly something. I guess it's inexperience or something, but still, I didn't expect an extra 10 people on my team and 10 extra on theirs...

16. D.D.D. Destroyer

This is by far the worst event I've taken part in in my short life.

First off, the map was switched from glacial to duststorm without any prior warning of any kind. At the time of typing this post, the OP still says emp_glacial. Was there some kind of technical problem? More like a last-minute change on a complete whim, based on what I've seen and heard.

The server was unlocked. Why go through all the trouble of pre-picking teams and organising the hierarchy and all just to have random pubbers join and disrupt the whole thing? People kept talking over in-game VOIP and we had about half the team in TeamSpeak, so hearing anyone outside of my squad was hard. The command is sv_password, in case you couldn't find it.

On the topic of server commands, automatic team balance was also on. That was real fun, trying to get people in the right team, but eventually we got over that obstacle. Yaaaay.

The server was lagging, too. The strain on it was just too much to handle 50+ players, so what little gameplay we got was unpleasantly choppy.

And apparently the resource rates were too high? It did feel like the tide of vehicles never ended.

What a waste of an evening that was. It's extremely saddening that this is how it went down. Unless the situation receives basically a 180 degree turnaround, I'm not participating in this debacle.

17. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

1+ res multipier was not adjusted

18. Señor_Awesome

Señor_Awesome Member

There was technical difficulty that caused map switch, as I understand it. So don't get super pissy about that, nothing for it.

19. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

What's really unacceptable to me is our "anti-stack squad" joined the already stacked team.

Both rounds were essentially game over in 5 minutes for Foxtrot, tbh I don't know why I even bothered staying up for this.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2015
  20. Spike

Spike Long Live The King!

I am sorry for the map change at last minute i talked to lazybum and amatoxin about it and they agreed to change it to duststorm. As for no password it was intentional to gain more players for the league, i will put a password on next time if you wish.

As for the server lag this will also be fixed for the next game it was because the tank limit was too high and because or the configs not being correct. The tank limit will be alot lower next time probably 15 or 18, plus the server configs will be corrected.

There is also a pug on jekotian server tomorrow it would be great if i could get similar numbers to test the server.

I also thank everyone who showed up to the league i am sorry for this monumental fuck up.

And can i point out that after the game the server stayed populated for another 5 to 8 full rounds i am glad to see people stayed

Pug Link
    http://forums.empiresmod.com/showthread.php?t=19780