Empires Vet Pug- Friday 30th March 21:00 BST/4pm EDT/1pm PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by PredatoR[HUN], Mar 28, 2012.

1. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

btw paradox, see how well it worked? (i forgot who the 2nd guy was who said it wouldnt work)
    im kinda sad i could only attend one round ...

anyway thx pred, great job with organizing it :thumbsup:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  2. Paradox

Paradox I am a gigantic asshole who loses people's hard wo

I never said this wouldnt work? I said when you wanna organize something actually pick up and play it would fail, let me go check where I Said it.

edit: "just open up a steamchat thing, invite ppl, arange teams and then collectively join a server, they are empty anyways and comm vote time is enough - do you really need super elaborated plans on the maps where you could answer to "what color has the pixel at 5123, 12315" when someone wakes you up in the middle of the night?" this doesnt work

3. flasche

flasche Member Staff Member Moderator

youve been very sceptical - but yes it wasnt as ad hoc as i described it. i also highly doubt even the most dedicated player could tell me what color the pixel at map coordinates 5123, 12315 on cyclopean has - especially not if i wake him in the middle of the night ;)

edit:
    oh lol the other guy was predator himself - i hope youve been pleasantly surprised :D

4. Paradox

I bet glowstick would know!

5. Beerdude26

Beerdude26 OnThink(){ IsDownYet(); }

You can PM me all your demos.

6. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

yeah nice Predator, also leaving the server to go to sleep and not unblocking it later.

7. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Silly euros admins.

8. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

I tried to remove the pass with sv_password, restarting the server and by executing the server.cfg which should set everything back to normal but obviously didn't.

Also wtf, it seems like the scrim server finally decided to show up in the browser.

9. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

Cyberkiller fixed it. And the password was set in the server.cfg so it'd reset after mapchange, back to being passworded.

10. LawnNome

LawnNome Member

so idk why this was but there was a game going when the pug started with a full server, over 40 people playing for once! then the pug started and it dropped to 20, then as you guys were playing the server filled up again, there were as many people in the pug as there were players locked out of it. thats when i didnt bother looking up the password, cuz i can die for hours to you guys or be king of the noobs...and I WAS KING! seriously pugs are for mods that nobody plays except once a week, lets not make it a regular thing so the mod doesnt die.

11. Paradox

the server was filled up cause players were warming up , the hours before the pug you'll always find shit tons of players/veterans playing in the server. And during the pug you'll find " a lot" of players playing cause they see some servers are filled etc etc etc etc

12. PredatoR[HUN]

PredatoR[HUN] Member

You do realise that most of the players there were waiting for the pug to start?
    And I have to disagree on the last part, the pug had a positive effect, showing old players that empires is still awesome. Notice how there were more vets on the server on saturday and sunday than usuall. Of course it might be something else but this is what I like to think.

It probably won't become a weekly occurence though.

13. Trickster

The only reason it shouldn't be a weekly occurrence is to keep it special when they do take place. No other reason.

14. ViroMan

ViroMan Black Hole (*sniff*) Bully

hows about bi-weekly then? 2x a month sounds special to me.

15. Trickster

Well it's just a case of when someone has time to run it. Given Predator is the only other person I've actually seen step up, speak to the right people to organise it, make sure he has everything he needs ahead of time, be proactive about getting people, and then actually follow through and turn up, it's really based on his schedule.

Basically, you have to be the opposite of Devourawr to run a pug.

16. Reznov

Reznov Member

Trollster.

I wished we could have pugs on a weekly basis. Would be awesome. And next time don't invite Etho or Connexion. *trollfaec*

17. Paradox

I'd be pretty motivated to host them skrims, although you'd have to give me admin then

18. @@@@Marcin@@@@

@@@@Marcin@@@@ Developer

yeah you organized the BSID scrim great.

19. WalMartGreeter

WalMartGreeter Member

Yeah, seriously. It is not simply posting a single Steam event ahead of a scrim/PUG. If you have seen Trickster do it, you need to HARASS tons of people for DAYS (at least TWO WEEKS for a clan scrim) to make sure you have the right numbers and reminders. I had to do similar shit with Consortium and ESL.

Sure, you are the most active "senior" member of G-String but you are hardly motivated to lead regular PUGs based on your track record (though better than Defailrawr).

As for me, I am casual until the semester is over.

20. Trickster

I would argue that a few days is enough for a scrim, with EPIC at least, but I gauge activity before I go for it in the first place. But without a doubt, harassing people on steam, frequently, and personally (not events), is the only way to get a good attendance. And encouraging others to do the same. It also helps if people actually care what you have to say, which rules you out Paradox.