Empires Summer Scrim League Game 7 - 15th August 21:00 BST/ 16:00 EDT/ 13:00 PDT

Discussion in 'General' started by Trickster, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Trickster

Trickster Retired Developer

[Youtube]wHJ5mHdQ_qc[/Youtube]
    [Youtube]7F2_q8GFQBY[/Youtube]

2. Z100000M

Z100000M Vithered Weteran

3. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

Oh good, you picked up my favorite vehicle tactic at 28:30.
    You just fall back for no obvious reason and enemy will just chase you to his own death.

Also 31:30 I'd like to explain, it's the thing that I suggested Lawliet. (even though Freak was comming)
    Basically, just wall your own CV up to ensure enemy squad arty and sticky grenade can't easily get good shots on you.
    In any emergency case that you really have to escape, you can recycle the walls well within 10 secs.
    But I think Freak didn't really have the time to set it up.

4. Trickster

If you're going to wall yourself up, do it using raxes. Like seriously, 1 wall segment is easy to take down and after that you have all this cover. Sure it can be recycled, but by the time it disappears you've built your own cover. The best way to protect the CV is actually the way LordDz was doing it in previous matches. You place your CV in a position where it can't be attacked from any long distance, usually just behind a VF with a rax covering another direction. That way, no stun into long range RPG snipe/squad arty combo, but if you get rushed by an APC or a ninjasquad, they have no cover to actually protect themselves with. It's doubly effective with the NF CV because of people/turrets being able to shoot through the wheels. The only time you should ever consider walling up your CV is sudden death. In this scenario I think it's best to use a reverse VF with some decent distance from any wall so that they can't hit an explosion off it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  5. Z100000M

Not on that map

6. Trickster

Why not? Insurrection is an extremely good map for infantry ambushes so it makes sense to focus on building your base around that. As I stated a few times in the commentary, the central western point is probably the best area on the map to create your base because of the height advantage in addition to the most space. Quebec did a very good job of securing it but in retrospect, I think building placement could have been a lot more efficient to take advantage of the space and more stuff could have been fit in. It's just generally far better to surround your command vehicle with useful buildings than with walls. Cover works both ways at the end of the day but it's a lot less useful when people are spawning inside that cover to kill you.

I will say that it's probably harder than it used to be because of the height change in the NF rax, but it still holds weight.

7. Z100000M

There is no way you can fit enough raxes around the cv while leaving any place for other stuff to be placed in a not retarded way

8. Jephir

Jephir ALL GLORY TO THE JEPHIR

[YOUTUBE]WO_VySbWezg[/YOUTUBE]

9. Sgt.Security

Sgt.Security Member

My focus was close range ninjas.
    It takes some time to tear down a piece of wall, not to mention my original concept is 2~3 layers of wall.
    There's also this obvious animation after the wall is off.

Rax? No thanks, just walk across it and the rax itself gives the best cover for the ninjas.

Stun and long range RPG snip will not work against Quebec, it's something that only works in pubber games and/or against shit teams.
    It's simply too slow and there's so many countermeasures that I don't even want to list.

10. Panda

Panda Member

I had fun this scrim. I was never in the right place the first round though, and I played awful. 2nd round shows that I can't just play Rifleman.

11. Z100000M

Dont you mean "ONLY"?